V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 34

aramis

See post # 226

gmax111:
My demo was doing that also... Its probaby because your using ibfx? it doesn't work with ibfx because ibfx doesn't allow trades at 0.01 in size...

i am using Bolla version for demo testing with no problem. and your statement above is totally wrong. Ibfx starts with 0.01

Pinggarcia:
On my first 24 hours of testing, starting with $3000, I have gained $12 with the abovementioned 2 pairs. A little off the $500 per $3000 target right now?

Nobody ever claimed a return of $500 in 24 hours on a $3,000 account!

cucurucu:
Steady 500$ monthly. When my balance will reach 6000$ I will expect 1000$ monthly.

But seriously, you're using two pairs instead of the recommended EURUSD and you have only tested for 1 day? Note that cucurucu based his results on EURUSD only. He also pointed out that he tried it on other pairs and it didn't work out.

There is a lot of information in this thread that answers many of the questions that are repeatedly asked. You'll have to do some work!

i'm running V1 and V2 live on an IBFX account.. EURUSD only, standard settings, Started it this past Sunday.. will post a statement in 3 weeks.

Could one please explain when the positions are opened? I have 4 sell positions since 05/11 & 1 buy position since 05/15? Thank you.

zuijlen:
Nobody ever claimed a return of $500 in 24 hours on a $3,000 account!

But seriously, you're using two pairs instead of the recommended EURUSD and you have only tested for 1 day? Note that cucurucu based his results on EURUSD only. He also pointed out that he tried it on other pairs and it didn't work out.

Sorry, my mistake, maybe I was not clear. I said, in my first day of testing (using the EURUSD and USDJPY pairs), it net some $12. $12 x 20 trading days, should net me $480. But looking at EURUSD only, it yielded $5. Again, doing the projection for 1 month, it would have given a net of $200.

But, don't get me wrong, I like the whole concept. safe and slow. Maybe just too excited to post some questions. I have read all the posts in this thread, but it is filled with too many versions. But I am trying the original version.

In fact, I have started demo using EURUSD only. Like cucurucu, said, it's not for sale, that's why he doesn't need to prove anything. I do not know how to back test an EA, so guess I have to forward test it. Plus, I guess your result is great!

Question, is your PC on 24/5 while trading is on?

If I can start with $6000, does that mean I can also start with 0.02 lots, in order to achieve approx $1000 monthly?

Again, thanks, cucurucu!

Anyway, is there a thread here that discusses the ORIGINAL VERSION only?

fxgear:
i am using Bolla version for demo testing with no problem. and your statement above is totally wrong. Ibfx starts with 0.01

Really because when i start v1+v2_new2 it wont put in any trades unless the lot size is .1 or more... Of course thats on the backtester... My demo account is 25,000 so im using .1 lots instead of .01...

Pinggarcia:

Question, is your PC on 24/5 while trading is on?

If I can start with $6000, does that mean I can also start with 0.02 lots, in order to achieve approx $1000 monthly?

Again, thanks, cucurucu!

Anyway, is there a thread here that discusses the ORIGINAL VERSION only?

1.yes. always on.

2.yes. over 6000, the initilot will be 0.02 and the projected return will be 1000 monthly.

3.No. There is no other thread to discuss the original versions. I don't think there is much to discuss on the original versions.

settings V1+V2 mini

I started yesterday testing V1+V2 mini (Bolla) on InterBank Fx demo account 5000$, with default settings, it opens first lot at 0.09 instead of 0.01 for both pairs EurUsd, GbpUsd, and Usdjpy.

At the the moment trade balance is pretty bad around -1200 $, due to starting lot.

On a live account this not affordable,

So which parameters do I have to modify for 1st lot at 0.01 ?

Problem With Code.

im trading live account with modified verson of v1+v2 mini5% bolla. starting with 2000 on interbank and 4 pairs EUR/JPY/GBP/CHF -USD. on mini account (of course) my starting lots are 0.05 for eur, 0.06 for gbp, 0.03 jpy, and 0.04 for chf. i have gain %5 in 3 days.. well the day is not over yet highest lot was 1.92 (x5) on gbp yesterday. the euro/chf/and jpy did not have much action this week(yet). so the gbp has accounted for over 1/2 of trades.i have notice to things one in live demo and now in live account. sometIMESs the buy and sell when there is only 2 on the chart may get quite some pip distance between them for instance right now their is a 36 pip differrence between my chf buy\sell 0.04 each and it happens with all charts.. i believe it's the time it takes to close out trades that accounts for this gap. one tick to close each open trade that needs to be closed then open the new one. in volitile markets the gap is huge. PROBLEM IS BECAUSE OF THIS GAP. WHEN TRADES CLOSE IT CLOSES AT A LOSS !!!and must be closed maually. it may be fixed buy a close all buy/sell script or open new lot first then close of the others. i can do some mild programing but this one i need some help with. buy the way my mod only lets me ajust the lot size and sends me email on my blackberry perl