Envelope Scalper EA - 5 min - page 2

pghiaci:
may I have the ea

The 1 min version? Sure. Give me $5k and it's yours.

pipsweak:
The 1 min version? Sure. Give me $5k and it's yours.

Wow! would you pls attach DETAILED STATEMENT not only terster graph bar.,

You posted here asking for help.

Some of us are asking legitimate questions in order to help you and are being stonewalled.

What up?

Pipsweak, I backtested the ea using alpari historical data, but why the result is decreasing. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks

Cheers,

Files:
scalpem5.gif  7 kb

WNW:
pipsweak,

Thanks for posting the EA.

I'm getting the same results as you are, using Alpari.

Thing is, you're maxed out at almost 100,000 lots...!

I've noticed that I get much different results using Alpari compared to Crown Forex. CF gives better results, but their spreads are lower.

I'd like to fiddle with this, could you please explain the less obvious expert properties and the basic strategy here?

Thanks.

I wouldn't trust CF. Their spreads may be lower, but I don't think you will get the same fills and their data feed is different, although I haven't tested it on their platform.

The basic strategy is simple. Sell at the top of the envelope and buy at the bottom of the envelope. It trades during periods of low volitility.

All of the settings are fairly obvious. The envelope settings are the period, shift, mode, price, and deviation. MM_RP is the risk and by default is set at 28. The rest of the settings are spread and slippage settings that probably shouldn't be changed.

wibitiens:
Pipsweak, I backtested the ea using alpari historical data, but why the result is decreasing. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks Cheers,

No idea. My backtests match my live trades, so there must be a problem with your data.

pipsweak:
No idea. My backtests match my live trades, so there must be a problem with your data.

Okay, I'll check it again.

By the way, the pair is eurusd right? Sometimes I am confuse with backtest. Last time I test the Phoenix, while everyone else got a positive result, mine end up with zero

Anyway, I'll have a look and try it again. Thanks mate.

Cheers,

nostrade:
Wow! would you pls attach DETAILED STATEMENT not only terster graph bar.,

I've only been running the 1 min version live since the 20th. Attached is my statement. I'm not so much interested in selling it as I am making it better. Although it would be nice to trade it with a larger account.

Files:

pipsweak:
I've only been running the 1 min version live since the 20th. Attached is my statement. I'm not so much interested in selling it as I am making it better. Although it would be nice to trade it with a larger account.

would you please send me the ea?

pipsweak, in your experience forward testing this 5m EA, how many percent of equity was the max draw down?