Stops on a 4 Hour Time Frame...

Hi Guys:

Does anyone here work off of a 4 hr chart and if so, have you come up with an average stop loss for the pairs you trade or are you just waiting for your indicators to tell you to get out?

If anyone can give me some feedback on what they set their stop losses to or how they work it off of a 4 hr chart, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...

Marc

You'd better put Stop Loses : 100 pips

Nic

Hi,

SL 80

SL should be at least 60 pips, but you must also only to get a BIG FISH.

Nic

Hi marcf, I personally like to use the nearest and largest swing high/swing low points for my stops on the 4 hour ie. I set them approximately 10 pips above/below those points. My stops are therefore set by price not by any formula, that doesn't work for many traders because my stops are wide however the leverage I use is low. I've found that wider stops allow my original assessment of market direction to be more accurate and wider stops allow the market to do the work rather than my brain. I like to use swing points because as price moves away from them they are often strong support and resistance and therefore good places to not only place stops but to look for direction for price to move away from. cheers

marcf:
Hi Guys:

Does anyone here work off of a 4 hr chart and if so, have you come up with an average stop loss for the pairs you trade or are you just waiting for your indicators to tell you to get out?

If anyone can give me some feedback on what they set their stop losses to or how they work it off of a 4 hr chart, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks...

Marc