Looking For A Matingale Type Ea But... - page 7

criss73:
hey azman, i dont understand why TP 30 and SL 60. this is a losing situation. also, we should look to have TP at least 100 and SL 50. ive tested it since jan 1 of '07 until now and came out to about +29%.

excuse me, criss

i got carried away with harryhid's hedging lots and forgot to tell you that your modded EA will still perform your original configuration if you just reset the externs - Lot_triple2nd=false; TP=100; SL=50; pipstep=50.

but anyway, here's a default set v173 - just for our original strategy

i'm still running multi-pairs on it and it's holding well so far

jlpi:
This not really what was recommended by Harry because in your case you open a trade when the other one is closed and that is quite different.

To have the Ea working like in Harry's case you need to add a parameter (gap or whatever) that you will set at 30 and you will deduct that from the position of the pending order. In this case the new order will be started 30 pips before the stoploss of the first order is hit. And then both the SL of the first order and the TP of the second order will be placed at the same level.

You will see it works much better.

hi jlpi, thanks for looking at those trades

if you were to look again a little closer you should see that what you said in your 1st paragraph is wrong

wibi, you know this upper level losses at TP is due to broker's spread

and those trades i showed was from Crown Forex 1-pip spread (just for test)

if we were to spread out to 30/60/30 you will not run into this problem

even with 2/3/4-pip spread broker

there's a bug fix to criss_X_v111 (correcting sl and tp spread for 1st trade on platform) and here's the latest

cheers, everyone

sam1:
Can anyone give me a brief tutorial on how to use the JRSX indicator?

just place it in the experts/indicators folder

there is no need to have it attached to chart

let me take a day or two to figure out your strategy

cheers.

hey all

depending on your money management, i'm looking to go no more than 7 x against me meaning: by the 5 or 6 time if the move doesnt reach my 150 t.p. but reaches 100 t.p. i close position because i dont want it to go into the 7th and run out of margin. also, when doing the backtest, it is subjective because perhaps you started at a bottom or top of a range and wouldnt be stuck in the middle. use your judgement. if the pair is starting to range bound don't wait to get the full 150 t.p.. also, you might want to wait to enter a trade when price reaches important support and resistance levels that way you aren't stuck in the middle. just some ideas to consider1

here is an EA that azman818 programmed. take a look and if there can be any improvements please post your ideas.

In Response To Wibitiens, Depending Upon Your Money Management And Limits, You Could Have Gotten Out After 5 Moves with +100 And Made Money. You Dont Have To Let It Go To 150 Unless You Have Enough Margin To Absorb The Moves.

hey azzman, thanks for that observation because i just witnessed that now. it opened buy @.10 and a pending sell stop @ .40. also, i would test only larger take profit and stoploss: 200/100, 150/75, and 100/50.

you need the Turbo_JRSX. you'll find it below.