What Moves Currencies ?

If anyone has any records as to what news releases move the markets and how much they move the markets it would be nice to have someone share this with everyone.

I have enclosed what reasearch I have here but would like to know also what European News Reports move the currencies as well.

Hope this information helps another trader as well

What moves the USD:

NF = Nonfarm Payrolls (Unemployment)

FOMC = Federal Open Market Committee

TB = Trade Balance

CPI = Consumer Price Index (Inflation)

RT = Retail Sales

GDP = Gross Domestic Product

CA = Current Account (Foreign Investment)

DG = Durable Goods

TIC = TIC Data (Foreign purchases of Treasury Notes)

Average of 1st 20 minutes after annc.

NF = 124 pips

FOMC = 74

TB = 64

CPI = 44

RS = 43

GDP = 43

CA = 43

DG = 39

TIC = 33

Average Daily move after annc.

NF = 193 pips

FOMC = 140

TIC = 132

TB = 129

CA = 127

DG = 126

RS = 125

CPI = 123

GDP = 110

I am sure that there are other reports that I have not heard. The list here has done nothing but make me pips in real (live) trading.

Happy Trading

Pheniox:
If anyone has any records as to what news releases move the markets and how much they move the markets it would be nice to have someone share this with everyone.

I have enclosed what reasearch I have here but would like to know also what European News Reports move the currencies as well.

Hope this information helps another trader as well

What moves the USD:

NF = Nonfarm Payrolls (Unemployment)

FOMC = Federal Open Market Committee

TB = Trade Balance

CPI = Consumer Price Index (Inflation)

RT = Retail Sales

GDP = Gross Domestic Product

CA = Current Account (Foreign Investment)

DG = Durable Goods

TIC = TIC Data (Foreign purchases of Treasury Notes)

Average of 1st 20 minutes after annc.

NF = 124 pips

FOMC = 74

TB = 64

CPI = 44

RS = 43

GDP = 43

CA = 43

DG = 39

TIC = 33

Average Daily move after annc.

NF = 193 pips

FOMC = 140

TIC = 132

TB = 129

CA = 127

DG = 126

RS = 125

CPI = 123

GDP = 110

I am sure that there are other reports that I have not heard. The list here has done nothing but make me pips in real (live) trading.

Happy Trading

How long do you do the resorse? How long do you trade it so? how do u use tham? The # are best averange of news, or are low?

Very interesting.

Tx, J

janka:
How long do you do the resorse? How long do you trade it so? how do u use tham? The # are best averange of news, or are low?

Very interesting.

Tx, J

Been trading these figures and reportss for the past year. Information collect from report dates and compared against past charts over several years . I am not a technical Trader and know that if anything the best way to make pips is to fillow the news and world events and then make a trade with what is happenning currently.

As I mentioned these numbers are an average

Trading the news

Have you checked out NewsTraderPro?

http://www.wincorp.net/

It is a one time purchase, not subscription. Seems to have the kind of info you are looking for. I am not affiliated with it in any way, and plan to purchase it myself someday unless I find something better.

Nice Program

FirebirdZ:
Have you checked out NewsTraderPro?

http://www.wincorp.net/

It is a one time purchase, not subscription. Seems to have the kind of info you are looking for. I am not affiliated with it in any way, and plan to purchase it myself someday unless I find something better.

Thanks FirebirdZ for the help here.

Just purchased it and has a lot of information that will save me a lot of time. It appears to poll the information from quite a few sites and will save me a lot of " surfing". time better spent making pips..

Will let you know what I think of it as soon as they send me the download link.

Another Thought

Looking forward to your results. Another issue for me seems to be the increasing influence of the Carry trade on the price of currencies. Even when there is no changes in interest rates, prices seem to go a little bit crazier because of the increasing number of people participating in the Carry trade or at least altering their positions in anticipation of that effect. I guess that would fall under Fundamental Analysis.

I also found some interesting info about the behavior correlations of different currencies:

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation.htm

This info has been helpful for me with those coin toss decisions. I look at the info at this site to see if there is a currency pair with strong tendencies to act the same or do the opposite and place my trade accordingly.

FirebirdZ:
Looking forward to your results. Another issue for me seems to be the increasing influence of the Carry trade on the price of currencies. Even when there is no changes in interest rates, prices seem to go a little bit crazier because of the increasing number of people participating in the Carry trade or at least altering their positions in anticipation of that effect. I guess that would fall under Fundamental Analysis.

I also found some interesting info about the behavior correlations of different currencies:

http://www.mataf.net/en/analysis-correlation.htm

This info has been helpful for me with those coin toss decisions. I look at the info at this site to see if there is a currency pair with strong tendencies to act the same or do the opposite and place my trade accordingly.

Glad to see someone taking some interest here and your input is apreciated to say the least.

I have been trading the news for the sometime now recovering from a major loss using different systems and finally figured out that the news can make money when you take the time to figure it all out, No technical stuff to deal with during the releases. Finally went into the black last December and have made a living now off this Forex. Humble but it is paying the bills so far.

The program ProTrader you mentioned is very good although it could use some polishing up. I have talked with the developers and they are going to add some more features I need.

I will send you the information I have collected through the program so far in and hope it is of some help to you.

Again thanks

Wow

Fantastic info. Thank you very much! You are a good example of why this site is so great! Kind regards

Pheniox:
Glad to see someone taking some interest here and your input is apreciated to say the least.

I have been trading the news for the sometime now recovering from a major loss using different systems and finally figured out that the news can make money when you take the time to figure it all out, No technical stuff to deal with during the releases. Finally went into the black last December and have made a living now off this Forex. Humble but it is paying the bills so far.

The program ProTrader you mentioned is very good although it could use some polishing up. I have talked with the developers and they are going to add some more features I need.

I will send you the information I have collected through the program so far in and hope it is of some help to you.

Again thanks

Actually made 150 pips today using this information.

Some of this sugggests a 30 pipaway setting but I prefer 40, You miss some trades but when they do move you should make pips.

I have access to reports from a year ago and have to find some time to make a cvs file for backtesting to figure out the best pipsaway from current price to set things at but for now 40 works

Currency Information

FirebirdZ:
Fantastic info. Thank you very much! You are a good example of why this site is so great! Kind regards

No thanks needed . You helped me more than I expected.

Am currently working on a CVS file that will have all US reports from January 2006 for back testing. Will get you the information if you are interested when it is finished.

Wish I could get my hands on a cvs file for all the European news reports from the past year the we could run it against all the currencies and figure out what reports to trade best on them.

As it stands you have all my current information related to US reports and which curencies they affect. Remember that those figures are only an average move and many move a lot more.

HAppy Trading