Mean reversion trading - page 3

Thanks Mezarashii,

For openning my eyes on your system.

I particularly like the POC with the market profile, great indicator.

I wonder if one of our famous coder can make this indicator changing color like in the picture

The process is described in this link

October 2005 Trading Tips Newsletter

Oh yes i got it : the indicator in the picture changes color at 70 % of the range

Files:
70-2.gif  18 kb

Hey Joe,

Glad you like what I'm trying to do here. I think the point of the current indicator is that it is a memory hog. We need something that plots only the "70% range" with horizontal lines instead of the distribution curve. I have to take it off my charts once i find my levels because it crashes my p4 1 gb pc.

mezarashii:
Hey Joe, Glad you like what I'm trying to do here. I think the point of the current indicator is that it is a memory hog. We need something that plots only the "70% range" with horizontal lines instead of the distribution curve. I have to take it off my charts once i find my levels because it crashes my p4 1 gb pc.

Damn, i don't have those problems, and i use the indicator you attached here

Try these one, maybe it will work better for you

The color represent the different markets, red for asia, yellow for london, and blue for new york, or something like that

Files:

Could we see some backtest data pls?

multiple pairs & timeframes pls.

Mean reversion trading works pretty well if you trade implied volatility in options with GARCH: you either go vega long or short, but I guess that's off topic on a forex forum.

Hi,

can you explain how can i use the marketprofile indicator.

MrM:
Could we see some backtest data pls?

multiple pairs & timeframes pls.

Mean reversion trading works pretty well if you trade implied volatility in options with GARCH: you either go vega long or short, but I guess that's off topic on a forex forum.

Yes sir,

Since 2005 this system, has performed about 150% non-compounded on index futures. If you check my blog you can see that I have been using this system almost daily for several months. It works on 1 and 5 minute timeframes pretty well. I'm currently testing 4 hr time frames but the stops are massive in comparison.

You can apply mean reversion to outright contracts, no need to refer to options, although I have hinted that implied volatility on options could be used to determine reversal levels intraday on the underlying.

For a daily posting of every single actual trade taken for US index futures for the last 3 years you can look here.

This method has solid consistent results. No puffed up EA or newbie enthusings are sprinkled in to dilute the facts. It works.

Your thoughtful commentary is most welcome =)

Big Joe:
Damn, i don't have those problems, and i use the indicator you attached here

Try these one, maybe it will work better for you

The color represent the different markets, red for asia, yellow for london, and blue for new york, or something like that

Yes, this version was even heavier lag on my system. Have you modified this version at all since you found it? If so, I will give it another shot.

mezarashii:
Yes, this version was even heavier lag on my system. Have you modified this version at all since you found it? If so, I will give it another shot.

Very nice system, mezarashii! Thanks for sharing.

Bluto

Todays levels

EURUSD

VPOC 1.4721

.786 up 1.4701

1.272 up 1.4779

161.8 up 1.4834

.786 down1.4610

1.272 down 1.4532

161.8 down 1.4477

FGBL

VPOC 113.18

VPOC 115.17

.786 up 113.28

1.272 up 113.54

161.8 up 113.73

.786 down 112.97

1.272 down 112.71

161.8 down 112.52

mean trades

Good day

Setups worked on both pairs. A failure on EURUSD a pip or two short created bitter pill scenario, I could stop and reverse and salvage the blown trade witha quick scalp, but I needed a target. I took the last swing high and applied a fib extension, a kind of fractal application, a fib within a fib, and it worked out well.

FGBL went both ways for some very very nice action.

Hope some of you are observing the action on this setup and looking for ways to improve it. Although today was as good as I have seen in a long time.

Check the screenshots on my blog mean trades