How long does it take for you to complete a full backtest?

is it me and my computer or does it take an awful long time to do a full backtest from 15M 1999 data to present ?

My computer is 3.2Ghz, My ea is has just two indicators.. it does use a trailingstop though which adds time.

Anything I can do to speed things up?

drgoodvibe:
is it me and my computer or does it take an awful long time to do a full backtest from 15M 1999 data to present ?

My computer is 3.2Ghz, My ea is has just two indicators.. it does use a trailingstop though which adds time.

Anything I can do to speed things up?

Hi. In my experience, a really slow backtest is usually the result of one of the custom indicators that are called being programmed in a really inefficient way. Take for example the original StepMA, this calculates results on whatever the preset barcount is (normally 500) every tick which is ludricously en-efficient not to mention mind-numbingly slow during backtests. And there are plenty other indicators like that out there...

omelette:
Hi. In my experience, a really slow backtest is usually the result of one of the custom indicators that are called being programmed in a really inefficient way. Take for example the original StepMA, this calculates results on whatever the preset barcount is (normally 500) every tick which is ludricously en-efficient not to mention mind-numbingly slow during backtests. And there are plenty other indicators like that out there...

ahh omlette you are a king among men, thank you as you have solved my problem.. Your every tick description made me check my code again, and sure enough the calculation was for every tick.. Things are much much faster now..