Good turning points using Williams % range?? - page 4

Repaint

Was this indicator fix for non repainting LSwpr indicator

Perky:
I am a fan of the williams percent range - this is the indicator the Asctrend system is based on

However it gyrates up and down alot

I decided to tame it a bit using FXsnipers code for LSMA

(credits for him are in the code)

so far it looks impressive on 30 min charts with wpr period 14 1 hour even looks better!!

be warned tho it does seem to backdraw a couple of bars

so you may get a yellow area then look again and its changed back to another color - so I use other indicators to confirm and because this is very EARLY i use it as a heads up for a swing change..

Criticisms ideas welcome..

enjoy

be nice if this could be addressed..

Williams Percentage

Anyone here knows how to "smooth out" all the jagged spiked for WPR. I'm no programmer and need help. Some may say to use Stoch but I can't see anything in Stoch and see a lot in WPR and it's quite accurate in entry at lowest/highest but not exit. Putting a "smoothed MA" into WPR will not work as it will lag too much, just need to snip off all the sharp edges for WPR. Many thanks in advance.

Handymansg:
Anyone here knows how to "smooth out" all the jagged spiked for WPR. I'm no programmer and need help. Some may say to use Stoch but I can't see anything in Stoch and see a lot in WPR and it's quite accurate in entry at lowest/highest but not exit. Putting a "smoothed MA" into WPR will not work as it will lag too much, just need to snip off all the sharp edges for WPR. Many thanks in advance.

In fact W% was developed by Larry William using the K%.

Maybe add some smooth algorithm could work. I played a lot with this kind of indicator. Adding T3 log or changing the approach.

But anything you add will introduce lag because W% is purely based on highs and lows.

In the following picture some indies form the public and Elite section just for comparison, ignore STC becuase it's based on MACD.

Files:

How about adding a moving average as trigger line?

Hi.

Linuxuser could you share WPR T3 indi?

Regrads

Karol Marchewka

MaRCHeW:
Hi.

Linuxuser could you share WPR T3 indi?

Regrads

Karol Marchewka

Sorry. I can't post it here because it's shared on the Elite Section.

Doesn't the Williams percent range act the same as the Stochastic's?

ES

does anyone know any good settings for william %r and a time frame

does anyone know any good settings for william %r and a time frame

how can I obtain the price value for the 20/80 line on the williams percent in an EA without using the icustom function?