I appreciate it.

Cheers

Shaun

Big Joe:

Here ya :

Period Converter Optimized .....

Can we reduce false entries?

Hi Valeo

Thanks very much to Suk, Big Joe and yourself for keeping this excellent thread up to date. I will also contribute when I think it is of value to the team.

Today's chart offers an opportunity to ask for your advice please. I 'felt' that after the market failed to continue to go any lower at 9:50 am (RSA time) that the direction was long after that. Clearly from your feedback today you were able to spot that and reap the rewards - as usual!

What I battle with from time to time is taking trades that turn out to be false moves... in the chart I have attached I have labelled them 1 and 2. In both cases the M15, H1 and H4 RSis were short and also the M5 CCI-34 had crossed down. However both situations were traps - I got caught in the 2nd trap.

Is there a way that we could avoid such pitfalls?

Many thanks

Shaun

Below is the cable 5 min chart:

Files:

shaunfx:
Hi Valeo

Thanks very much to Suk, Big Joe and yourself for keeping this excellent thread up to date. I will also contribute when I think it is of value to the team.

Today's chart offers an opportunity to ask for your advice please. I 'felt' that after the market failed to continue to go any lower at 9:50 am (RSA time) that the direction was long after that. Clearly from your feedback today you were able to spot that and reap the rewards - as usual!

What I battle with from time to time is taking trades that turn out to be false moves... in the chart I have attached I have labelled them 1 and 2. In both cases the M15, H1 and H4 RSis were short and also the M5 CCI-34 had crossed down. However both situations were traps - I got caught in the 2nd trap.

Many thanks

Shaun

He ya,

Trade like me on 15 minutes and with a 34 cci

Hi

Read somewhere here (forum) that the XO indi is good.

feeling rather tired now ....so need some kind soul to help post XO indi please.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the bother.

Big Joe:
He ya, Trade like me on 15 minutes and with a 34 cci

Maybe this will spur some conversation. I like the 34 CCI but i cant' say i like it as much as the CCI 15. Especially accross MTF's, i really find the 15 to be superior. I feel with the 34 that the "end of a run" or the beginning of a trade direction is greatly lagged in certain instances. Unless there is some sort of way we can think of to play this "fade" it's just my preference to use the 15 period. Thoughts on this are welcome? Perhaps i am missing the bigger picture.

The markets were ripe for the picking today btw.

Best,

cl

joshua33:
Read somewhere here (forum) that the XO indi is good.

feeling rather tired now ....so need some kind soul to help post XO indi please.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the bother.

Here you go.

Best,

cl

Files:

Big Joe:
Here we go :

+ 50 pips and GU and nothing on GY

Valeo ? It is a 15 min graph ? Because my cci don't look the same as yours (same settings 34 /6 )

And can you upload the icwr-ext please, it seems i not got it

Thanks !

Joe, you may be surprised but my CCi-M15 has "progressed" to 60 !!

I am trying to prevent the sort of thing Shaun is talking about and more importantly, although the CCi-15 is outstanding, there are far too many "false" signals to my liking. As we progress towards finding "better" entries, I research for hours on end to see what is better for me.

So, my CCi-setup for M15 = 60/5 and for the M5-chart it stays 34 / 5. This way I am extremely happy regarding entries. I will do my best to write up my "findings" in this regard during the day depending on trades.

Uploaded the ICWR as requested.

Best wishes to all.

shaunfx:
Hi Valeo

Many thanks

Shaun

Good morning Squire,

You seem to be so busy these days that I cannot even get hold of you. I have left numerous messages on Yahoo for you without hearing fro you, but I trust that you and your family are well and blessed.

Firstly, it may surprise you to know that i went short @ 09h25 as the price was still below the 34-EMA for +18 pips. If you are using the CCi-34/5 that I have suggested, you would see why the areas where you indicated that it was a "trap" did not catch me. Secondly, if you are using the SQ9(price) indicator, you should have a Support @ 1.9850-ish depending on your MT4. And finally, there were at least 3 Dojis in that period that must have signalled something to you.

Yes, Joe is correct about the M15 and you have been a 15-M protagonist for as long as I can remember which surprises me that you did not consult the M15. As mentioned in one of my posts, I run both M15 and M5 on one screen for this very reason and my H1 is always open on the second screen. You would have noticed that the price was making HIGHER LOWS and therefore it would have been better for the price to first break the Trendline before we traded short. My advice still is.............when in doubt stay out.

Feel free to contact me whenever it is convenient - I always enjoy our discussions. BTW, I particularly want to share something with you which European so very kindly shared with me.

Best wishes.

clahn04:
Maybe this will spur some conversation. I like the 34 CCI but i cant' say i like it as much as the CCI 15. Especially accross MTF's, i really find the 15 to be superior. I feel with the 34 that the "end of a run" or the beginning of a trade direction is greatly lagged in certain instances. Unless there is some sort of way we can think of to play this "fade" it's just my preference to use the 15 period. Thoughts on this are welcome? Perhaps i am missing the bigger picture.

The markets were ripe for the picking today btw.

Best,

cl

Good morning Cl,

I do not blame you for feeling that way, but may I suggest that you take a new chart and just put the 2 CCi-combinations on it and study it as far back as it will allow you for entries. Let us discuss your findings afterwards.

Best wishes.

This morning's entry..................

Just before I get too carried away, here is my first entry for the day @ 08h20 @ 1.9950 (my TS) - it ran to +16 before retracing and it seemed as if the price would not break the previous Hi @ 1.9961. Nevertheless, I stayed in until it stopped me out for +1 but for those of you who would have been satisfied with +10- 15 pips, it was there for the taking.

Please check the reasons for no-entries prior to my entry and see if you agree.

Best wishes.

Files: