XO_Method REVISED - page 27

Time frame

Thanks for the response Joe. Is this method traded strictly off the 5 minute chart or are people trading it off larger time frames? I understand that some of the indicators are multiple time frame indicators but I wasn't sure whether the method is meant to be used strictly with the 5 min charts while checking direction from higher time frames. Thanks for any insight anyone has to these questions.

flyingdawg - The XO-Method as presented here by ValeoFX is exclusively for the Cable M5 chart. I have seen references within this thread about other TF's but I have not seen any performance figures. If you have any success please let us know. Several XO-Method indicators are MTF and for accuracy requires a dedicated M5 chart which should preferably remain open for the trading week. If you have other questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Joe SDF

Joe SDF, thanks for your responses. I have been watching these indicators in real time this week and they certainly look like they could be quite valuable to my trading. Can you tell me how long you have been trading this method and the type of success you have had? You said in your last response that the method is designed for the 5 minute GBP/USD. Is there any reason you are aware of that it would not work equally well with other pairs? In reading through the multitude of postings, Valeo wrote that once you understand the use of the CCI, your losses should be minimal. I am not exactly sure what he meant by that. Do you understand what he was saying? Comments from any other users of this system would be greatly appreciated. I must say that I am surprised that I had never heard of this MTF method. I just accidently stumbled upon it and am hoping that it will be a valuable discovery.

flyingdawg - I have been trading the XO-Method almost every day for over a year now with rarely a losing day. When I do lose it's usually because of my own stupidity in some form or fashion. (Fear / Greed, etc.) While ValeoFX has optimized the XO-Method for the Cable M5, I am not aware of any reason that would prevent it's application to other currrency pairs. I do believe however that the Inputs would be different. ValeoFX has great confidence in Woody's CCI and he explains this in this threads post #1 or #2. I know my trade entry confidence increases when I see a Turbo ZLC or even a ZLR in my direction. Also I always exit my position when the CCI Trend overheats.

Joe SDF

I use it on gbpjpy everyday, and just dooble all values of XO's.

And work very well.

I see on the last picture that Valeo gave us, there is a new XO, seems to be XO 6.2, i'm very impatient to see it

Wish all pips to all

HI Big Joe,

can you please explain

" I use it on gbpjpy everyday, and just dooble all values of XO's."

More volatility for gbpjpy, i multiply the kirper settings "x 2"

TNX a lot

So if I got this right they must be " kirper 14.0

kirper1 13.0

kirper2 13.0

kirper3 13.0

kirper4 13.0

do you change the 240 min. kirper also?

I changed the xo settings on the xo and compared it with the normal settings on the GBP/JPY. Maybe its because I like trading pullbacks, but I really like the signals that were given during this afternoon's downtrend with the original settings. I would have been in and out of that move three times, great profits, and very little drawdown after entries. It might just be a preference based on trading styles. Maybe I will study both settings for awhile. I like the EUR/JPY a lot. I'm thinking that it may not be much more volatile than the GBP/USD so the standard settings may be acceptable on that pair. Any thoughts or experience with trading that pair with the xo method? JoeSDF, thanks for the encouraging report of consistent winners.

flyingdawg - Please keep us posted as to any success you have with other pairs.

JoeSDF