Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 50

recommend one broker

Great team work, especially MrPip, MiniMe and Ancoll - and the results are showing.

May be guys you can recommend one broker to everyone and post all charts/trades/indicator settings for this broker. I think it will simplify your work, as EA doesn't work only for people who haven't got correct settings.

If there is still a need for good filters, could you please post charts with bad entries/exits so we can find a filter/settings to improve on it.

Or any other EA related work.

euro

MiniMe:
This is how I plan my trades if I want to use an EA, EAs are good but if you draw the trend lines and know where the trade is going that would help a lot.

Its very important to have the trend lines on your chart even if you want to use EA ... i am trying to show this point in a small video file I have created.

This video is for education only, the pair I chose is a high risk pair that’s why I chose, so no one follow my steps I am just trying to pass the knowledge, and not trying to influence any trades.

I know the video quality is a bit poor, but if i use a better quality the file will be too big... try to get the general idea thats all.

For testing the EA i am enabling going short and long but as you have seen on the video on GBP/JAP I would only go short

EXCELENT!!!

Thank you very much!

Indicators

Hi MiniMi

Can u please post all the mq4 indicators u r using to run Din kuskus ea 2.4 please. Reason is i also am trying to run tests but noticed that on the 2007/03/05 your 2.4 ea executed 4 trades while mine did nothing.

Thanks in advance

Must be missing something

Like Shaker: no action. Missing indicator?

first day of testing EA 2.4

Hi there, so I started forward tests today at midnight.

So far it opened 5 transactions, 4 of them profitable, but one was a huge lost.

So after all I have 286 profit out of initial 10000.

What I did was:

- swith off trading hours

- enabled trading on NY

- set MiniAccount to false

I have some questions I wonder if you can help:

1. It always try to invest in 1 lot even the setting is 0.1 lot and money managment is enabled. Why? Can you limit it down somehow?

2. Does EA can close positions by itself other than crossing TP os SL? I admit that I closed manually 4 of 5 opened positions, which allowed me to save the profit and cut loses. One was closed by TP. This is what you are intended to do?

3. SL were set 100 pips away from opening price - It's quite far, doesn't it?

If you compare to TP which was set 50 pips away, then if EA is not exiting by itself, then there are bigger chances to loose than win.

Can you suggest what settings you apply?

What is the reason that by default trading hours are on and trade NY is off?

Best Regards,

Q_JAK

shaker22a:
Hi MiniMi

Can u please post all the mq4 indicators u r using to run Din kuskus ea 2.4 please. Reason is i also am trying to run tests but noticed that on the 2007/03/05 your 2.4 ea executed 4 trades while mine did nothing.

Thanks in advance

All of the indicators are already in the first post, also if you open the user interface of the EA you will find the list of inidcators in there with the setting for each one so you can know what are the names of the indicators.

I don't mind posting the indicators, but sometimes I change the setting of the indicators or the EA from the code and I don't put any remarks, to avoid giving you a destored version of the indicators I forword your request to Mrpip or ALCOLL.

If you they are too busy I will post the indicators later.

-----------------

Also try this :

Make sure you change the settings for the hours to trade filter to match your broker. IBFX needs to subtract 2 from each hour setting because they use GMT for their server time. Not sure about alpari but they might be the same as fxdd which is gmt + 2.

Try turning off money management and enter the number of Lots to use

Make sure the setings in the Damiani indicator are the same as those in the EA. Aslo check that the switch is turned on (set to 1) for useDamianiFilter.

Change the setting of MarginCutoff to 0. There is a check in the code for AccountMargin < MarginCutoff for both EAs.

Aslo lot size for IBFX for microlots on a mini account is 0.1 not 0.01

Questions

q_jak:
Hi there, so I started forward tests today at midnight.

So far it opened 5 transactions, 4 of them profitable, but one was a huge lost.

So after all I have 286 profit out of initial 10000.

What I did was:

- swith off trading hours

- enabled trading on NY

- set MiniAccount to false

I have some questions I wonder if you can help:

1. It always try to invest in 1 lot even the setting is 0.1 lot and money managment is enabled. Why? Can you limit it down somehow?

2. Does EA can close positions by itself other than crossing TP os SL? I admit that I closed manually 4 of 5 opened positions, which allowed me to save the profit and cut loses. One was closed by TP. This is what you are intended to do?

3. SL were set 100 pips away from opening price - It's quite far, doesn't it?

If you compare to TP which was set 50 pips away, then if EA is not exiting by itself, then there are bigger chances to loose than win.

Can you suggest what settings you apply?

What is the reason that by default trading hours are on and trade NY is off?

Best Regards,

Q_JAK

With MiniAccount false the EA will only trade standard lost and the minimum is 1 lot with FXDD. I wrote the ea with FXDD rules for lots and with a standard account they do not allow minilots.

It should not make that much differentce as 1 lot is 10% of 10000 and that is how I tested the ea.

If you want to test using minilots set miniaccout to true.

With MoneyManagement enabled the value for Lots is not used. That is only used when MoneyManagement is turned off.

Other questions were answered correctly by MiniMe.

The other way the EA will exit trades is when the HMA trend changes and Fisher confirms. That only happens when TakeProfit is not met.

With version 1.8 the trade will also exit with chnage of direction detected by Fisher.

When testing other pairs look at the trade on the chart and see if there was some take profit level that might have been successful. Then use that seetting for the ea.

I hope some of you will keep records of settings that work for each pair being tested. When the different settings prove to work I can modify the ea to check the symbol being traded and automatically set the values for the indicators, stop loss and take profit.

Robert

Thanks MiniMe and MrPip for prompt answers. I will check settings again.

JAK

Indicators posted

shaker22a:
Hi MiniMi

Thanks in advance

The link for the indicators was removed so I have posted the indicator zip file to the same post as the EAs. That link is still there.

Please note that HMA2 was replaced by HMA3. I still am testing Ehlers iTrend so it is also in the zip file.

Robert

mondays trades

What a good start for the week

Files: