Very Profitable Heiken-Ashi System - page 5

No doubt. Heiken Ashi Smoothed is very responsive. When you design an EA, keep MTF in mind.

has ea

let me know if this helps[

has ea

hpe this helps

doc chiro

Failure

CodeMeister:
Heiken Ashi always looks so enticing - a sure winner every time. Then when you look closer and more objectively you start to realize why it usually is a loser, escpecially on the lower TF in choppy conditions.

I have an idea that I want to throw out there and see if anybody has tried before I invest a lot of time. It seems to me that there are times when you don't want to be in the market, but I have yet to come up with some trend strength measure other than my eyes. Of course my eyes are affected by my emotions and so thats not reliable enough. My idea to stay out of choppy markets is to measure the length of the wicks on the HA bars. The idea would be to enter and exit the trade based on some threshold value like 50%. Of course that would have to played with.

I think that the slow response of smoothing wouldn't matter. There would be a late entry and late exit on strong moves, but as long as some of the move is caught I would be satisfied. My main goal is stay out of those whipsaws that destroy your account. Please comment.

I kludged together an indicator to examine my idea and I am sure it won't work. I did manage to filter out the choppy part of the trading but the signals for the strong moves changed back and forth too much to be feasible. There were only a few strong moves where the signal stayed positive for long enough. Most moves had signals changing back and forth as the move strengthened and weakened. Overall there were too many losers and the gains weren't sufficient to overcome them much like most HA indicators.

Once again it shows that we can't trust our eyes when looking at a chart - they seem to see what they want to see.

I have used these kind of system, but the results are similar to any other system.

mikejody:
Greetings,

I, like many others, have been searching for the perfect trading system, and I believe I have found it. I'm writing to ask you to examine this system and provide any constructive feedback that you might have.

When I say "perfect" trading system, I do not mean to imply that it has no losses, but what I mean is that it is "perfect" for my trading style and my 3 requirements.

Here is a list of the requirements that I had set out for the system, followed by the system itself, and then I will attach the only indicator I use:

Requirements:

1.Must be "set it and forget it" system, as I am in the air 3-4 days a week and cannot monitor the markets intraday.

2. Must catch all major trends.

3.Must handle ranging markets acceptably.

Indicator: Heiken-Ashi Smoothed set to 2-6-3-2.

Trading System:

Entry:0000 GMT (7:00 PM Eastern time).

Enter in direction of previous Heiken-Ashi candle (blue=long, red=short)

Stop Loss: 50 pips

Take Profit: 55 Pips

Money management:

Start with .10/pip (1000 units at Oanda) or micro lot for every $3,000.00.

double up on every loss, maximum 9 losses

Backtesting:

I have backtested this system for the months of June through October 2006, and am continuing to backtest for Novemer and December. I will post the results in a spreadsheet on the next post down.

Summary:Out of the 5 months backtested this system produced the equivalent of 3414 pips. I say the "equivalent of" because when I would "double up" on a loss I had to put twice the number of pips actually one, so the spreadsheet would equal the dollar amount won correctly.

Concern:Many people say that doubling after a loss is dangerous and risky. To alleviate some of the risk I start with very minimal lot sizes. Obviously this has the adverse affect of not growing the account very rapidly when you get a string of all winners. But this adverse affect seems to be offset by the reality that you really never have a losing trade because all losses are more than offset by the doubling up of the winners.

Any feedback you have would be appreciated, or if anyone is able to test this system back several years with backtesting software, please let me know.

Thank you.

Mike

edited: settings are 2-6-3-2

I use Heikin Ashi candlesticks, and I would like to ask, what time chart are you using?

I use the heikin ashi candlesticks with the DMAC System and I entry in every signal, take profit :30 pips, stop loss: 30 pips.

I user the 1H chart.

Sometimes it might also take 1-3 days until the next signal but it 9 out of 10 times it is successful.

thanks

No doubt. Heiken Ashi Smoothed is very responsive. When you design an EA, keep MTF in mind.

that is a great indicator, but I would love it if i had it for vttrader,

the most popular platform is mt4, which it is not fair because vttrader is also a great platform and some tools are better than mt4.

i have mt4, so thank you for the indicator.

PhillyForex,

instead of hiring programmers, try this: forexgenerator.com... you'll be able to create an EA yourself...

philadelphiaforex:
Dear fellow EA'ers,

I recently hired an EA programmer to write a very simple program based on Heiken Ashi smoothed. All I want is to play the trend. I asked the programmer to program it so that red means sell and when it turns green it means buy. I wanted it to run on any time chart with a twenty pip stop loss. The last thing I asked was for them to wait one signal until the trade is opened or closed to cut down on the whipsawing.

Isnt this a simple enough program? They have worked on it twice and it still doesn't work right. The EA doesnt open the trade most of the times and doesnt close them. Can someone help?

Does anyone have a Heiken Ashi Smoothed EA that they can recommend to me that works.

Thanks in advance.

the indicator

hi swordfish

can you tell me the name of the indicator in the picture?

thank you

yourspace

Files:
6016.jpg  72 kb