Xor3 ea (H4) - page 6

tomstaufer:
Hi seb,

Attached my results with xor3.

I am closing manually 2 open trades and switching to xor5.

Below link to a statement updated every 15 min:

http://www.forexea.com/xor5/statement.htm

Default settings

Timeframe: H4

Pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD

thanks Tom, i am looking at your account

it helps me to see xor working on other platform

please let it run some weeks

Hi seb,

No problem, I can keep it as long as you wish.

This is v5 with settings changed a little 2 days ago according to your post #50.

Max Float

tomstaufer:
Hi seb,

No problem, I can keep it as long as you wish.

This is v5 with settings changed a little 2 days ago according to your post #50.

Hi Tom,

Nice results .

Could you tell us how much the max (negative) float approximately was?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

max drawdown

chrisstoff:
Hi Tom,

Nice results .

Could you tell us how much the max (negative) float approximately was?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

hello Chrisstoff,

i use maxtrades=4 and the max drawdown i have is when i lose 3 times the 4 trades, so 12 losings orders !!! no lucky !!

the max drawdown depends of the risk, if risk=10% then you lose 10% of the account if the maxtrades (4) orders are losers;

in the case of 3times x 4 losing orders, i have lost 30%; it's a maximum

I will post detailed statement after market close.

Seb have you ever considered using Fibonacci progression for your system ?

seb:
hello Chrisstoff,

i use maxtrades=4 and the max drawdown i have is when i lose 3 times the 4 trades, so 12 losings orders !!! no lucky !!

the max drawdown depends of the risk, if risk=10% then you lose 10% of the account if the maxtrades (4) orders are losers;

in the case of 3times x 4 losing orders, i have lost 30%; it's a maximum

Hi Seb,

Thank you for the quick answer.

I would rather be intersted in the max floating P/L than the drawdown though. I do not think a statement contains its maximum value on a period of time but shows the actual value of it at the end of a period i.e. when the statement is made.

Before I made my post #57 I had seen on Tom's actual statement that he had approx. $500-600 positive floating P/L that was almost equal to his actual Closed P/L. (Now there is another statement so I cannot check it up again and cannot remember clearly on the exact figure.)

I thought if there was a significant positive floating P/L then probably there also was a negative floating P/L sometimes and I was curious to know how much it approximately was. (I ran Firebird earlier where the floating P/L was one of the most relevant problems and now I thought back to that times...)

Statement

Attached detailed statement. First 23 trades - xor3 (see #45) looks like mostly BE.

Rest trades - xor5.

I think it is too early for any conclusions. We need at least a few weeks.

Do not be confused by an old account name. It is now xor5.

Live statement is here: http://www.forexea.com/xor5/statement.htm