Backtesting - Real Tick Data / Tross - page 9

Yikes thats ugly, thank you for testing...

-mikhail

There is also this one, please:

Pairs: GBP.USD and EUR.USD;

Timeframe: m30;

Settings: all standard but TakeProfit=50; SL=100

Initial deposit: $5000

Made some modifications...

Files:
scripes.ex4  6 kb

Backtest request

Tross, great thread!

Could you please test this EA?

Settings as they are, M5, account balance $3000 with 1:200 leverage.

Please test it on EURUSD and USDJPY.

Thank you!

Files:
script.mq4  28 kb

how reliable 90% backtest is? i doubt this EA will be rubbish on 99% backtest and forward test

Files:
annnoelle.gif  6 kb
annnoelle.htm  982 kb

hi tross

hi tross could you test this EA?

TF: h1

pair:eur/usd

i attached the EA with the indicators and the set,just use all the indicators with the default settings...

Files:

Another problem that I've noticed with backtesting results is that the spread is not taken into consideration when there is news. For instance, everyone knows that when there is news a spread that is normally 2 pips may become 12 or more. During live testing this increased spread may take out some s/l's that wouldn't show up on the backtest. I think this is where some other error is introduced into the backtest. It makes a big difference if your EA trades during news because you will get worst entry than you would on the backtest. The way that I realized this is by using the visual backtest. Click on the chart and add the ask line and watch it. During news is doesn't move but just stays at the normal spread.

Hi, I'm forwardtesting goblin_options by tross on velocity4x and northfinance On Velocity4X It lost yesterday about $600 on $2000 acc using 0.01 lots whereas on NorthFinance it made a profit..this caused me to think about it and I thought that system should work on the same broker it was backtested. The tests that I see in this thread are based on GAIN Capital data. I know that one can trade on metatrader at GAIN Capital using its IB, SBFX(Strategy builder fx).I am particulary interested in Goblin Options on USDCAD(Tross). GAIN Capital have 5 pips spread on this pair,but what spread was used in backtest?If MT4 platform was from other broker than one using GAIN Capital as trade executer, what pips was used in backtest? 4 pips? is this will be significant difference?

Thanks for any answers and sorry for my bad english.

how to get 99 % modeling quqlity ?

edit - deleted

Dear All, I follow the steps and successfully copy the fxt file in the history folder. When I try to run the backtest with different EA, the journal return Error 131 (Invalid Trade Volume). I am sure the Lot size is 1, any idea what is the problem? Thanks

Same help please?

I have data tick from gain (ex. EUR_USD_Week1.cvs) but I can't import this to the history center. I tried with script and another but nothing happen. Someone can give me a hand please with this? For ex. where drop any file/s? I need change de name? etc etc. Thank you in advance