News Trader EA - page 82

Add an option

add an option, an option to choose SETTING 'Gap for Pending Orders from current price in pips' automatically, or MANUALLY, set the price for buy stop or sell stop order?

Maybe I didn't make it clear, I was asking to add an option, automatically, this EA will place order price based on the distance from the 'current price', is it possible to add a function to set order price manually (according to trendline etc), this would be useful for trading news in some situation.

Thanks,

Jeandl

I understand. You are talking that it may be good if EA will estimate the gap for pending order by itself. But what is the criteria for EA to estimate this gap? Depends on what?

That is problem ... Of course it may be good that EA will estimate all the settings bu itself ...

I read through this thread from very beginning, and I learned a lot. Now I understand the logic of automation is somhow different from that of manual trading. I think I figure out how to take advantage of this excellent EA, I'll forwardtest it.

Thanks a lot.

One order was closed on Nationwide House Prices news event today, GBPUSD:

I am using version #5.3 and trading high impacted news events only. See first post the thread for EAs/settings.

ADP Total Nonfarm Employment Change, USD high impacted news event:

AUD high impacted news event (Building Approvals and Retail Sales):

This week results (high impacted news events only, NewsTrader_v5.3 EA, nfp settings) - in pips:

EURUSD: -49.

GBPUSD: +42.

USDJPY: +34.

USDCHF: +25.

AUDUSD: +135.

USDCAD: 0.

NZDUSD: 0.

NB/Igorad: V6 results and prblems

I used V6 for live trading. Here's some problems and suggestions:

1, It started to make pending order well before news time. For one time, I noticed from the Terminal/Expert, it started to show sending pending order then deleting pending order, 3 hrs before news time, many times, but, the orders did NOT show up in terminal/trade or history. Previous post reported similar problem I think;

2, another time, at right time before news, it placed pending orders and then deleted them, then place and delete, then place again. I'm not sure it's a normal adjusting function (that's ideal) or a problem, as all the pending orders were the same price;

3, It will be desirable to have 'time' in decimal, that is, for "time gap" etc, one can put 0.5 or 1.5 min for example;

4, in the SetsFile, the number of settings can be two digital or not? can we put more than 10, in that case we should write like #01, 10?

5, for TP, in case of 2 or 3 orders, one TP for all orders seems not enough, can we adjust that ( by step or ...?)?

6, generally speaking, to include a readme file for each EA will save a lot of questions.

Version 6 provides a variety of choices, great EA. Thanks for great work.

Jeandl

USDCAD for today:

Files:

It was only trades for today for USDCAD. No any other perding orders were executed (order was places but it was not movement enough).

So, we will wait for tomorrow.

Just only trades were open for today from pending orders are Housing Starts for CAD:

Most risky pair to trade the news is GBPUSD and most safe is USDCAD (for NewsTrader_v5.3 with nfp settings - see 1st post of this thread).