Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 82

berdj:
I downloaded it and it does crash here also what time frame are you using ?

1H.

please try to attach kitrendv2 indicator to chart and let me know if it works. goblin sourcecode is almost the same as original. :/ don't know why it crashes. it works fine at my ibfx mt4 platform install.

mrv:
this is goblin bipolar forward test results on fxdd live acc. Please note that goblin runs only on usdchf, all other trades (1 or 2) are from another ea. Also, I made one custom change for me - from 22.00 to 6.00 gmt+1 ea uses smaller pipstep (15), normal is 30.

may i know ur setting ?

thanks

saat2006:
may i know ur setting ? thanks

PipStep 30 (15 at night)

TP 31

Maxtrades 5

InitialStop 0

TrailingStop 0

When Margin falls below a set amount (ie 500%) the EA automatically closes the lowest losing trade/s until the margin = greater than the set amount. So it closes the lowest losing trade > checks minimum margin > if still below set minimum margin close the next lowest losing trade > checks minimum margin and so forth.

By the time margin is an issue with martingale type EAs you can't limit your losses to "small" ....

Efforts to minimize this have been approached by limiting the number of trades, increasing pipstip, implementing hedge and a variety of other methods. You might want to take a look at the pacman thread.

Hope this makes sense and I'd rather take some small losses than get the dreaded "Not Enough Money" showing its ugly head and wiping out the account.

QUOTE]

I suggest you simply use InitialStop. This way sl will be hit InitialStop amount of pips after last trade.

Yeah I've been following the PacMan thread and am looking to forward test it from next week onwards. We should be great full that people like xxDavidxSxx is willing to share their hard work.

mrv what long/short initial stop do you recommend if take profit is 23. I'm using xxDavidxSxx setting's posted a while back...

EJ257:
...BTW this EA has averaged 30%-50% per month which is fantastic. Cheers!

Hi, which version and settings are you using?

My approach is to use stops to limit losses, but you need a good signal (giving you some edge) and loose settings to survive the moves.

Others try to add hedging, see the Pacman thread for this. Dave is providing good signals in the Pacman versions.

Hedging is possible but difficult, it has similar effects like my higher level orders that are trying to close out with a decent loss.

It is simply a matter of taste where you want to have your losses, you choose with your settings.

Regards, alassio

EJ257:
mrv what long/short initial stop do you recommend if take profit is 23. I'm using xxDavidxSxx setting's posted a while back...

I would suggest something in 1..10 range. Also I would suggest to increase pipstep (and, accordingly, tp) to pass bigger moves, and to check news calendar, to avoid trading on NFP, rates decisions and other potential big movers.

mrv:
I would suggest something in 1..10 range. Also I would suggest to increase pipstep (and, accordingly, tp) to pass bigger moves, and to check news calendar, to avoid trading on NFP, rates decisions and other potential big movers.

I'll implement your settings on one of the DEMO accounts and see how we go. Funny thing is everyone keeps saying avoid trading on news. With the alassio version and David's settings I've let this EA run straight through news. Strange thing is this is when it makes the most profits. Maybe I've just been lucky?

EJ257:
I'll implement your settings on one of the DEMO accounts and see how we go. Funny thing is everyone keeps saying avoid trading on news. With the alassio version and David's settings I've let this EA run straight through news. Strange thing is this is when it makes the most profits. Maybe I've just been lucky?

Good luck. The reason everyone suggests avoiding news is its unpredictability. Martingale EAs, unfortunately, while making 10 - 20 - 50% profit per month are in constant danger of blowing your account. We need price movement to make profits, but too much of this movement will kill us instantly. Yes, news provide us with necessary moves in price, hence the news profitability. On the other hand suddenly you might find out that your pipstep is too low - and to find in a pretty nasty way. If you want to trade news, its ok, personally I prefer to stay away.