Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 61

Hello everybody,

first i read all the thread,

but i'am a clear newbie, could someone explain me the principles of Dolly, i uderstood the strategy. I see that there is different approches to trade with it. A trending system with the guppies, and a breakout system with dolly graphics with fibos and other pivots like MM, reinforced with different oscillators. The think i want to know is this blue and red zone, it is a scale of the adr, on how many days? Why do we have a no trading zone, between the buy and the sell zone? etc.. It's basic questions like this, that a newbie like me wants to know, nobody here is newb, so nobody ask such questions. I read all the thread.

Thanks

Flytox:
Hello everybody,

but i'am a clear newbie, could someone explain me the principles of Dolly, i uderstood the strategy. I see that there is different approches to trade with it. A trending system with the guppies, and a breakout system with dolly graphics with fibos and other pivots like MM, reinforced with different oscillators. The think i want to know is this blue and red zone, it is a scale of the adr, on how many days? Why do we have a no trading zone, between the buy and the sell zone? etc.. It's basic questions like this, that a newbie like me wants to know, nobody here is newb, so nobody ask such questions. I read all the thread.

Thanks

hello flytox,

i think this answer maybe not exactly what you want. for me or other traders (asian season) market still small range (for major market except yen) on early morning till LONDON/EUROPE market open. So i/we dont want to take a risk trade for small movement because Dolly is a BREAKOUT STRATEGY and FILTER by OTHER good trend/oscillator INDICATORS to pick the SAFE, EARLY & BEST price to PLACE orders. hope this answer will help you.

Flytox:
Hello everybody,

Thanks

for the buy & sell zone (blue & red) calculate last 20 day average.

I'am honored to have an answer from you. I will follow the dolly thread. Till it's pending orders dolly will work even when Paris is asleep.

Thank again for your fantastic work.

Is Dolly this simple?

The Dolly graphics attracted me to this project, because they are spectacular. However, I now have a better understanding of the system; and I am a bit puzzled about something.

Dolly appears to be a system of entering a trade when price moves from the pivot (or the Open) by 20 pips (the default) and taking profits at 20 and 30 pips beyond the entry, plain and simple - end of story. Am I correct about that, or am I missing a finer point?

If that is the case, why hasn't someone put together a simple EA that could be tested. With the excellent programming skills I see displayed on the forum, I'm thinking I must be missing something in the logic.

harooki2:
The Dolly graphics attracted me to this project, because they are spectacular. However, I now have a better understanding of the system; and I am a bit puzzled about something.

Dolly appears to be a system of entering a trade when price moves from the pivot (or the Open) by 20 pips (the default) and taking profits at 20 and 30 pips beyond the entry, plain and simple - end of story. Am I correct about that, or am I missing a finer point?

If that is the case, why hasn't someone put together a simple EA that could be tested. With the excellent programming skills I see displayed on the forum, I'm thinking I must be missing something in the logic.

hi harooki2,

if you looking for ea, please check the dolly ea thread or DIN thread.

mpforex:
Hymns, may I ask some stupid questions about your rule after I have read it closely with details before I apply it on my trade. I still did not get it after read and analyzed several times for more than 3 hours. Funny that Dolly graphics looks simpler than its rules. Probably dolly entry rule is still as vague as WSS entry rule (still in debate on some forums) whether to entry when the ticks already in blue area or just want to enter blue area or exactly at "buy stop 1 price line" which off course will be too late when we have typed it on the new order form (that's why we need EA).

1. what is the difference between "Buy Stop-1 Price" and "Price Buy Stop-1". Is instant order for after entering blue area and pending order for before entering blue area/just exactly entering blue area (buy stop-1 price)

2. Are the left text on the dolly graphics is also rule for entry/exit are just guidance of 1st and 2nd target line ?

3. are your pending orders strategies above (Dolly 0% & 100% Fibo Lines & Little tips using) has 2 purpose: for normal pivot breakout and for reversal, maybe you can add more notes for differentiation. I guess your Little tips using guide is for reversal strategy not for breakout strategy, am I correct ?

4. I know that Dolly v11 is the latest update and there is some difference with dolly v10, so is the dolly v11's blue red area and its pivot line the correct one compare to dolly v10? So should we open order based from Dolly v10 left text guidance or follow Dolly v11 signals only.

5. And the last question which I have told about upper right corner arrow on dolly v11, what signals indicated by several green dots ? why sometimes it is above and below the arrows ? On what pages has explain that, I have not found it.

hi mpforex,

1 - pick the lower price at blue area

2 - NO. it just numbers (LOL)

3 - Yeah! you got your answer

4/5 - better ask cja for details.

Originally Posted by hymns

Dolly Entry & Exit Rules

PAIR: Any

BUY

1) GMACD - main trend H4 & D1 (for Major Trend) - GREEN color (Up Trend)

2) Guppy Line - Make sure Blue Line Above Red Line.

3) Place Buy Order

3.1) Instant Order : @ Buy Stop-1 Price OR in Blue Area before Buy Stop-1 TP

3.2) Pending Order : @ Price Buy Stop-1, TP @ Buy Stop-1 TP, SL @ Buy Stop-1 SL

SELL

1) GMACD - main trend H4 & D1 (for Major Trend) - RED color (Down Trend)

2) Guppy Line - Make sure Blue Line Below Red Line.

3) Place Sell Order

3.1) Instant Order : @ Sell Stop-1 Price OR in Red Area before Sell Stop-1 TP

3.2) Pending Order : @ Price Sell Stop-1, TP @ Sell Stop-1 TP, SL @ Sell Stop-1 SL

So did you mean that "Buy Stop-1 Price" is the same with "Price Buy Stop-1" ? and "Sell Stop-1 Price" also is the same with "Price Sell Stop-1" ? And all of these prices could be referred from Dolly v10 left text guidance ?

hymns:
Here I attach the full package of Dolly Graphics #10 System. This version user can choose either want to use "Open Graphics Mode" or not. Default setting is "Open Graphics Mode"

Just set Using_OpenGraphics to 'false' from Dolly Graphic #10 input parameters to switch between "Open Graphics Mode" to "Dolly Graphics v10 Mode".

Dolly Entry & Exit Rules

PAIR: Any

BUY

2) Guppy Line - Make sure Blue Line Above Red Line.

3) Place Buy Order

3.1) Instant Order : @ Buy Stop-1 Price OR in Blue Area before Buy Stop-1 TP

3.2) Pending Order : @ Price Buy Stop-1, TP @ Buy Stop-1 TP, SL @ Buy Stop-1 SL

SELL

2) Guppy Line - Make sure Blue Line Below Red Line.

3) Place Sell Order

3.1) Instant Order : @ Sell Stop-1 Price OR in Red Area before Sell Stop-1 TP

3.2) Pending Order : @ Price Sell Stop-1, TP @ Sell Stop-1 TP, SL @ Sell Stop-1 SL

** PLEASE DO READ CJA POST #2

Noise Filter

This filter work for Instant Order.

1. Bollinger Bands (21,2) TF H1

2. Envelopes (21,0.07%) TF H1

3. GMACD2 (8,17,9) TF H1

When price TOUCH or IN SELL/BUY AREA make sure candle below/above mid bands and outside below/above and not touch envelopes. GMACD2 cross down/upwards. Make sure previous candle NOT close inside below/above envelopes. Place orders on next candle.

Dolly 0% & 100% Fibo Lines

PAIR: Any (Please set Fibo_Lines = True)

** This technic will give you 99.9% performance & low risk

To set pending order (normally i'm waiting graph start 'NEW DAY' (6AM - Malaysian time)

BUY

1) Place Buy Stop @ Fibo 100% + 2 pip + Pair Spread

2) SET TP @ 5-10 pip or 0.000 (use trailing for better result)

3) SET SL @ 100% price - 20-30 pip

SELL

1) Place Red Stop @ Fibo 0% - 2 pip - Pair Spread

2) SET TP @ 5-10 pip or 0.000 (use trailing for better result)

3) SET SL @ 0% price + 20-30 pip

* Note:

- Apply both BUY & SELL (usually i place pending order both for all major pair)

- Some Broker min TP is 10 pip

Little Tips Using

PAIR: EUR/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/USD & USD/JPY (other pair not test yet)

To set pending order (normally i'm waiting graph start new day (6AM - Malaysian time)

BUY

2) Guppy Line - Make sure the Yellow,Gold,Orange,Red Below Open Price

3) Set 'BUY LIMIT' @ (SELL STOP-1 Price) - 5 pip

4) Set 'TP' @ 30-60 pip or (BUY STOP-1 Price) or (BUY STOP-1 TP)

5) Set 'S/L' @ (SELL STOP-1 TP) - Spread.

SELL

2) Guppy Line - Make sure the Yellow,Gold,Orange,Red Above Open Price

3) Set 'SELL LIMIT' @ (BUY STOP-1 Price) + 5 pip

4) Set 'TP' @ 30-60 pip or (SELL STOP-1 Price) or (SELL STOP-1 TP)

5) Set 'S/L' @ (BUY STOP-1 TP) + Spread.

Why use BUY/SELL limit instead of BUY/SELL stop?

1) We can get 65 pip instead only 20 pip during trend correction or we will hit order during trend correction and loss it when correction end.

2) Less stop loss @ below 20 pip (after minus/plus spread) instead of 40 pip

*Note:

- Sometime trend correction will hit this SL tips for GBP/USD. Usually I don't put SL (not recommend). Please refer G#MACD H1 for trend confirmation.

- I don't recommend this tips for newbie and trend correction does't always happen. (you has been warn!)

[

LAST UPDATED @ JAN 12, 1:53AM GMT 8+

Hymns, may I ask some stupid questions about your rule after I have read it closely with details before I apply it on my trade. I still did not get it after read and analyzed several times for more than 3 hours. Funny that Dolly graphics looks simpler than its rules. Probably dolly entry rule is still as vague as WSS entry rule (still in debate on some forums) whether to entry when the ticks already in blue area or just want to enter blue area or exactly at "buy stop 1 price line" which off course will be too late when we have typed it on the new order form (that's why we need EA).

1. what is the difference between "Buy Stop-1 Price" and "Price Buy Stop-1". Is instant order for after entering blue area and pending order for before entering blue area/just exactly entering blue area (buy stop-1 price)

2. Are the left text on the dolly graphics also the rule for entry/exit or are just guidance of 1st and 2nd target line ?

3. Do your pending orders strategies above (Dolly 0% & 100% Fibo Lines & Little tips using) have 2 purposes: for normal pivot breakout and for reversal, maybe you can add more notes for differentiation. I guess your Little tips using guide is for reversal strategy not for breakout strategy, am I correct ?

4. I know that Dolly v11 is the latest update and there is some difference with dolly v10, so is the dolly v11's blue red area and its pivot line the correct one compare to dolly v10? So should we open order based from Dolly v10 left text guidance or follow Dolly v11 signals only.

5. And the last question which I have told about upper right corner arrow on dolly v11, what signals indicated by several green dots ? why sometimes it is above and below the arrows ? On what pages has explain that, I have not found it.

mpforex:
So did you mean that "Buy Stop-1 Price" is the same with "Price Buy Stop-1" ? and "Sell Stop-1 Price" also is the same with "Price Sell Stop-1" ? And all of these prices could be referred from Dolly v10 left text guidance ?

yeah! you got your own answer.