Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 47

color changed blue

SIMBA:
Hi All,

Just a few minutes ago we had a new sell entry in the 1.9468/75 area..please see pic

Simba

Thats strange, I had a buy signal at this time period just using 4hr jma13.

Another reason to keep away from GBP for right now.

Ericbach

ericbach:
Thats strange, I had a buy signal at this time period just using 4hr jma13. Another reason to keep away from GBP for right now.

Hi Ericbach

Could you post your buy signal at "approx the same time"..it should be on 4h tf around 00:00 CET....

IF I view the 4h GBPUSD chart with JMA 13..I see one buy signal,motivated by change of slope 1 bar ago..at 1.9568..not approx 16 hours ago..

The only thing that I can take as a signal,at the same time that simbasystem isued a (losing ) sell signal is the close crossover above JMA..but if this what you use there are a lot of false crossovers just in the pic I post..

Please be so kind to explain,if you want ,what settings do you use for your system and JMA 13,it probably is a misunderstanding from my side,but I can not see the buy signal you mention..

Please see pic

Regards

Simba

Files:

SIMBA:
Hi Ericbach

Could you post your buy signal at "approx the same time"..it should be on 4h tf around 00:00 CET....

IF I view the 4h GBPUSD chart with JMA 13..I see one buy signal,motivated by change of slope 1 bar ago..at 1.9568..not approx 16 hours ago..

The only thing that I can take as a signal,at the same time that simbasystem isued a (losing ) sell signal is the close crossover above JMA..but if this what you use there are a lot of false crossovers just in the pic I post..

Please be so kind to explain,if you want ,what settings do you use for your system and JMA 13,it probably is a misunderstanding from my side,but I can not see the buy signal you mention..

Please see pic

Regards

Simba

Here you go.

Eric

Files:
gbp4hrjma.gif  26 kb

Some more observations:

Noticed whenever the Eur, Chf, Aud, and Yen 4hr jma(13) are somewhat all lined up and are in sync with each other, this is a good time to expect some big market moves.

It seems that whenever all the dollar related currencies are all either buying or selling dollars, one gets the +100 pip moves. Otherwise one gets somewhere around 40pip moves.

This will be part of my future better odds strategy.

Currently GBP is its own animal as it is at all time high levels and there is some uncertaincy whether to sell all or continue buying somewhat.

I'm really new. Hope this question doesn't offend. When I called the desk at Tradestation I was told I could not trade the same pairs in opposite directions, long and short. Anyone help me there?

Ericbach

ericbach:
Here you go. Eric

Thanks for replying..but where is the signal to buy at 1.9468 around 00:00 CET on Feb 14?..as I said before,it is not there..you have a signal several hours later(around 16 h later) at 1.9568...anyway this is not productive ,so,leave it there ..;)

Simba

SIMBA:
Thanks for replying..but where is the signal to buy at 1.9468 around 00:00 CET on Feb 14?..as I said before,it is not there..you have a signal several hours later(around 16 h later) at 1.9568...anyway this is not productive ,so,leave it there ..;) Simba

Well it looks like you jump the gun on this one. If you look at the other currencies they all gave a signal to buy or sell opposite your signal 12hrs prior to your your signal came thru to sell GBP. I would have followed the trend with the majority of signals and wait for GBP to catch up.

Ericbach

ericbach:
Well it looks like you jump the gun on this one. If you look at the other currencies they all gave a signal to buy or sell opposite your signal 12hrs prior to your your signal came thru to sell GBP. I would have followed the trend with the majority of signals and wait for GBP to catch up.

You still haven`t replied to my original question,regarding the rules of your use of Jma 13, nor to the meaning of your first post..where is your JMA 13 signal on GBPUSD at 00:00 CET on the 14 Feb ? Obviously not there,and if you do not want to reply,just leave it there..;)..do not change the subject

The fact that I jumped the gun for not waiting for sinchrony between GBPUSD and other European vs usd pairs is obvious,since I was stopped out at a loss..and it has nothing to do neither with your first post nor with my requirements for an explanation..so,I have to wonder about the meaning of your post

Your statement regarding that you "would havefollowed the trend with the majority of signals.." is self explanatory,you didn`t,so what...it is still non pertinent to the discussion..though trading,specially paper trading, in hindsight is very easy,so easy that the market never rewards you for it..

As I said before..if you do not want to explain,leave it there

Simba

Hi all,

Today I finally felt good enough to proceed with my manual backtests. I'm not done yet and it will still take 1-2 days to finish the first one (M1) from post #416, still I would ask you (Simba and anyone else) for some preliminary opinions on these issues:

1) When using Chandelier for stop placement, how do you feel about getting "M1 profits" (10-20 pips if we don't want to turn most of our trades into losers) and "H1 loses" (can be more than 100 pips)? Obviously we can only take trades where the distance to Chandelier is only so many pips -- we'll see in the backtest what it does. But still, how do you feel about this?

2) What is the idea behind using multiples of distance to Chandelier as our TP? We'll again see in the backtest, but so far, preliminarily, ANY multiple caused the system to lose. Plus, IMHO the closer to the Chandelier the price, the better the odds of winning. Therefore I would expect to run for larger profits when the distance is small, and scalp, if at all, when the distance is large. What do you think? Obviously, only the backtest and then live trading will show the truth.

3) What about reentries? Sometimes the W%R makes as much as 10 consecutive signals. Sometimes it is good to take them because it adds to a winning position, sometimes it can offset a loss, but sometimes it can multiply our loss. What do you think?