Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 51

hi simba

thx for interesting explaination

regards

SIMBA:
Hi Malcik ,and everybody else..

Thanks a lot for your effort..the results are impressive..basically I will sum them up,I understand that 3months,150 trades is not enough,but until we have the EA,if we have it ,we(until now we=Malcik..so thanks again) have to test manually..and it takes a lot of time..so,for now I would say that the 1m version is promising and the first candidate for EA testing on 1m ,2 and a half years of data.

1-1M TF,3 months approx,150 completed trades..see above mentioned comment

2-Profit Factor: 2.95...very good,in 3 months impressive..we have to check on 2.5 years basis

3-Max drawdown PEAK TO BOTTOM in %..we have 2 very similar runs -19.8% and -20.6%...it is high..we have to work on it,by either reducing the max accumulated positions(free until now ,even for losing trades until stopped the system kept accumulating lots on each signal..which in itself means that the chandelier keeps you safe even with excessively leveraged positions),or including some kind of filter for additional positions ie:do not open new one unless at least x pips distance from the first

4-%W= 36%..%L= 64%..the percentage winning trades is low-probably point 3 above modifications will help in improving it-and some form of Tp,even partial must be devised to improve it,the good results come from riding the trend..to the hilt..net Average(for all trades,positive+negative) per trade (25,67 pips),Average W and Average L are,in my opinion non pertinent since there is too much deviation to extract meaning from an average

5-Basically the system,and excuse the expression,runs by runs..from 2000usd to 1604(it starts overleveraging and then Chand cuts it off),then from 1604 to 7421(it starts earning money and overleveraging until stopped out by Chand at a big profit),then from 7421 to 5890..This is extremely interesting,once we have the full test for 2.5 years of data on 1m,we can try to devise some additional filter to improve the results

There is additional interesting comments that Malcik wants to post,and I think these will help us understand better what can we expect and how to modify our system

Simba

Here's another update... at the end of the file you can see two tables with what profit the system makes when only allowing for entries with price within 10-20, 20-30 etc pips ahead of the Chandelier. It also shows whether or not it is sensible to take entries below/above SATL

Enjoy

Files:

Here's another version, I have added what would happen if we combined filters by distance to SATL and to Chandelier.

With Simba we agreed that we are close to some conclusions that can be passed to the level of 2,5 years backtest and if it confirms, we can make them official

We only allow for long entries when price is above Chandelier by 10 to 50 pips

We only allow for long entries when price is above SATL (by any number of pips).

If you are new here, for other rules please do your least to read through this thread, it is worth it

For short positions we use the exact contrary. Please check the file - the related calculations are to the back of the list.

Take care

Files:

Hey Malcik, you are doing a very good work here

congrats!!

Dan

Hey Daniel, thanks, how is it going, man?

Hi all,

I coded an EA for M1 SimbaSystem with the addition I mentioned in my last post. I'd like everybody who is willing to contribute to try to test it so that we can get rid of any possible flaws. When this is done we can use it for preliminary testing on 2,5 years 90% quality data. It only has SATL, HULL MA, and JMA in it. You can select which one is to be used (MA_Type 1, 2, and 3 in the order I mentioned the MAs). For HULL MA and JMA you can enter period and for JMA also the Phase parameter. If the particular MA doesn't need period or phase, it will be ignored.

All other parameters are hard-coded for now, except the time of the news which remained there from the previous version I had for myself - just leave it at 1970 and it won't do anything. TP is hard-coded at 30 pips. For reentries, see my last post. Other rules are basic Simba's, except you get to select MA. When we get rid of entry flaws (shouldn't take too long, the EA is simple), I'll make more parameters changable and, if necessary, make other changes.

This won't be as professional and flexible as multixpMAEA (e.g. anytime we want to use something else than SATL, HULL, and JMA, or some other rules, it needs to be updated), but it should be better than nothing for now.

So please, if you can spare 30 minutes for the sake of this great system and for Simba who spends time posting about it, please run it on a few weeks' data and visually check if all entries are correct and there are no missed ones. Post your insights so that together we can debug this EA as soon as we can and start testing.

Next, if you have 2,5 years of 90% quality data, please contact us. EA backtesting is not a thing that takes many hours like manual testing and it would help us a lot. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do it, because I just can't get my MT4 to remember my historical data before September 2006 for time frames M5 through H1. H1 is used by Chandelier, so it jams my quality. The funny thing is that M1 and H4 through MN go all the way back where they should, it's just M5 through H1 that don't. If someone knows the solution, please help

Last thing: please feel free to study the code, it's no secret and I'm not a professional programmer. But please, don't change it, only make proposals, tell me what's wrong and how you would change it. I'll do it, I don't want us again to get confused by several different versions as it is usual. If there's someone who is a better programmer and would like to take care of this job, I'll be glad to leave my job up to him

Bye for now

Files:

Malcik Ea

Malcik:

Hi all,

I coded an EA for M1 SimbaSystem with the addition I mentioned in my last post. I'd like everybody who is willing to contribute to try to test it so that we can get rid of any possible flaws. When this is done we can use it for preliminary testing on 2,5 years 90% quality data. It only has SATL, HULL MA, and JMA in it. You can select which one is to be used (MA_Type 1, 2, and 3 in the order I mentioned the MAs). For HULL MA and JMA you can enter period and for JMA also the Phase parameter. If the particular MA doesn't need period or phase, it will be ignored.

All other parameters are hard-coded for now, except the time of the news which remained there from the previous version I had for myself - just leave it at 1970 and it won't do anything. TP is hard-coded at 30 pips. For reentries, see my last post. Other rules are basic Simba's, except you get to select MA. When we get rid of entry flaws (shouldn't take too long, the EA is simple), I'll make more parameters changable and, if necessary, make other changes.

This won't be as professional and flexible as multixpMAEA (e.g. anytime we want to use something else than SATL, HULL, and JMA, or some other rules, it needs to be updated), but it should be better than nothing for now.

So please, if you can spare 30 minutes for the sake of this great system and for Simba who spends time posting about it, please run it on a few weeks' data and visually check if all entries are correct and there are no missed ones. Post your insights so that together we can debug this EA as soon as we can and start testing.

Next, if you have 2,5 years of 90% quality data, please contact us. EA backtesting is not a thing that takes many hours like manual testing and it would help us a lot. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do it, because I just can't get my MT4 to remember my historical data before September 2006 for time frames M5 through H1. H1 is used by Chandelier, so it jams my quality. The funny thing is that M1 and H4 through MN go all the way back where they should, it's just M5 through H1 that don't. If someone knows the solution, please help

Last thing: please feel free to study the code, it's no secret and I'm not a professional programmer. But please, don't change it, only make proposals, tell me what's wrong and how you would change it. I'll do it, I don't want us again to get confused by several different versions as it is usual. If there's someone who is a better programmer and would like to take care of this job, I'll be glad to leave my job up to him

Bye for now

Hi Malcik

Congratulations again for your exceptional dedication

I will dowload and check the ea for bugs

Thanks,and thanks for the explanations..

Regards

Simba

simba, could you tell me why i sell here is wrong?

see below picture?

Files:
gbp.gif  40 kb

heaven2002

heaven2002:
simba, could you tell me why i sell here is wrong? see below picture?

heaven2002, because chandelier stops v1,the grey line,was up,so,it was "don`t trade"..you don`t go against the chandelier,unless you want to run a very high risk--

SATL UP +CHAND UP take the wpr longs

SATL DOWN +CHAND DOWN take the wpr shorts

SATL UP+ CHAND DOWN go play roulette at Las Vegas,more interesting

SATL DOWN+ CHAND UP go play craps (nice word ,by the way ) to Atlantic city,not so interesting,but you meet different people

Take some hours to read all the posts in this thread,it will help you enormously if you really want to trade this system..

Yours truly

Simba

Malcik:

Hi all,

Bye for now

Hello Malcik,

Great job on this expert.

I have a request which would increase profits considerably. Just using entry based on 4hr jma 13 and exit based on 1hr closing bar signal crossing over 4hr satl indicator on 1hr chart.

This looks like a good safety protection mechanism when one definitely needs to close all open trades

Files:
yen1.gif  14 kb

Test Results,favourable Period

Hi All,

From my previous post conclusions I decided to test the system and its proposed and logical alternatives for the period ranging from 12/DEC/05 to 23/FEB/07..the period most favourable for the only surviving system,just to check the validity of the preliminary findings regarding SATL as the best filter..that means.."it could have been that satl seems the best alternative,because money management was too risky and ,thus,the only surviving system is set to be the best "..so,we have 2 options,one modify and tweak mm,or(the one I chose) compare in a period that we know is extremely favourable for this kind of 4h trend filtering,I presumed,as it was,that all alternatives would be profitable,and consequently it was a matter of choosing the most profitable one...

First Conclusion:preliminary -for GBPUSD only,we need further testing for other pairs-SATL is the most profitable one,so,besides being the only alternative capable of surviving the bad times,it is the most profitable one in the good ones,which means that this is the best filter to choose from the proposed ones,much bettter in terms of total profit,profit factor and drawdown% than JMA35(the second alternative),JMA13,JMA45....

Second Conclusion:We still need to analyze(I did,but after several hours testing,still haven`t found any solution..still testing ) the period from 18/Jan/05 to 09/Dec/05,the unprofitable period,to extract the necessary information that will help us in improving the system,making it less risky and smoother in its delivery of results..several alternatives I tried have been using jma,satl,fatl on d1,h1 tfs as filters--no way;using chandelier 4h..no way,Chandelier30 min(very promising) and D1 still testing;using a special satl i created several weeks ago,simbasatl,improves the bad period results,though still not profitable in that period,overal profitability good but below satl..will continue

By the way,I checked the 90 periods for wpr,and even if not optimal,it is one of the best options(I don`t remember exactly if the optimal was 84 or 74,the difference was minimal,and 90 was very consistent,ie,the difference between 90..95..85 are within a reasonable range..this we will improve later,once the tough part is over)I checked up to 205 periods and down to 35,so..for the moment I would say that 90 is very safe and consistent..

In my next post I will post the results of testing for the 1M tf,obviously none of the systems survived the bad period,since the 1m means more trades and faster accumulation of positions,so ,I will focus on results for the good period,to see first if 1m is viable and second if satl is or not still the best filter in this tf..then,I will redo the tests in 5m for all alternative filters for usdchf,usdjpy,eurusd,and check for consistency of results

As I said in my previous post,please be so kind to check my tests,and ,if possible,duplicate them in order to confirm,or not, the results...after past experiences with the strategy tester,it gives me the creeps,though this time I am testing on a different computer,with a specific "for testing only" mt4 platform,90% data quality..and have been able to replicate the results-without problems-so,they seem fairly probable...

Simba

Files:
dec05feb07.rar  76 kb