Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 86

bluto:
With the hedging feature employed, you can stop worrying about news and other events. They won't matter anymore.

Bluto, thanks a lot for your hardwork. And thanks for everybody here sharing their ideas. I am impressed with the progress of goblin.

From the explanation of xxDavidxSxx, it seems goblin bipolar does not hedge its positions exactly. The losing postions will be bigger supposing the maxtrade is reached in a big move. we need to make judgement whether the market is likely to return in favour of those losing postions. Am I right?

Thanks

teamfri:
Bluto, thanks a lot for your hardwork. And thanks for everybody here sharing their ideas. I am impressed with the progress of goblin.

From the explanation of xxDavidxSxx, it seems goblin bipolar does not hedge its positions exactly. The losing postions will be bigger supposing the maxtrade is reached in a big move. we need to make judgement whether the market is likely to return in favour of those losing postions. Am I right?

Thanks

We won't really know until we get some forward testing under our belts. Conceptually, if you have a buy cycle that starts to get out of hand before maxtrades is reached or stoploss kills the cycle, the sell module would've detected the sell signal (reversal/trend shift/news, etc.) and initiated a sell cycle which would overlap the buy cycle and help offset some or perhaps all of the buy cycle losses. The nice thing is that the indicators are quick on the signal detection, so we'll have to see how it all works out. This could all just be a fluke or it could be the Nexxus!

bluto:
With the hedging feature employed, you can stop worrying about news and other events. They won't matter anymore.

Hi Bluto,

Thanks for your great work, I am testing the new version.

With this Buy and Short Goblin, I do not understand well how it can handle the news events.

Lets assume we use Pips=10 and MaxTrades=5. Assumeing we first have short position open now. Suddently, news comes, and 200 pips straightly jump up (in worse case). Then we would have open positions for short as

1 unit

2 units

4 units

8 units

16 units.

The pips loss for short would be:

200*1 + (200-10)*2+ (200-20)*4+(200-30)*8+(200-40)*1.6

= 200 + 360 + 720 + 1360 + 2560 = 5200 pips.

Assuming the Goblin Long is kicked in at beginning before the news event.

The winning pips for long would be 200 pips (assuming no spread cost).

Seems it could not protect the account partially. Do I miss something.

Forgive me if I asked some stupid questions.

Thank you for your help!

forex4syg:
Hi Bluto,

Thanks for your great work, I am testing the new version.

With this Buy and Short Goblin, I do not understand well how it can handle the news events.

Lets assume we use Pips=10 and MaxTrades=5. Assumeing we first have short position open now. Suddently, news comes, and 200 pips straightly jump up (in worse case). Then we would have open positions for short as

1 unit

2 units

4 units

8 units

16 units.

The pips loss for short would be:

200*1 + (200-10)*2+ (200-20)*4+(200-30)*8+(200-40)*1.6

= 200 + 360 + 720 + 1360 + 2560 = 5200 pips.

Assuming the Goblin Long is kicked in at beginning before the news event.

The winning pips for long would be 200 pips (assuming no spread cost).

Seems it could not protect the account partially. Do I miss something.

Forgive me if I asked some stupid questions.

Thank you for your help!

That's a good question, and one we won't know the answer to until we test. Assuming the trend reverses as you say and shots up like a rocket for 200 pips without any type of retracements (highly unusual), then yes, the long side wouldn't completely protect you. That's because the 10Point3 engine would keep reaching TakeProfit on the first order lots (the smallest) and keep placing additional trades at the smallest lot sizes.

Remember, this BiPolar thing is merely an experiment to mimic what xxDavidxSxx is doing as I understand it. Goblin II does real hedging on an order by order basis, so if the market takes a dump, each open order is hedged at the appropriate lot size for each to keep the total order cycle hedged across the board.

hi, bluto

can i suppose to mix Gobin II with Goblin Bipolar ? : the positive feature of Goblin II (hedging) + positive feature of Bipolar ( 2 cycles)

what do you think about it ? I don't know if this is a good idea

bye, giapel

is the Hedging Goblin somewhere to down load yet and is this the update Bluto has been working on. Thanks for everyone hard work.

omg

retardonkulous

Thanks bluto... let the testing begin (that includes all of you that want to know the "best setup"

I ran a version I cooked up last night today and it did very well

Files:

gpw797:
Thanks bluto... let the testing begin (that includes all of you that want to know the "best setup" I ran a version I cooked up last night today and it did very well

In a ranging market this type of EA will do very well - the purpose of your testing should be to find out how it copes in a one way move of say 200 pips or a long trend. If you find that the EA handles a trend well then you may have found the Holy Grail!

You can not tell anything from a statement that has only been running for a short time!

Bluto.

Thyanks for employing my idea. But I have some questions.

I set it to no s/l and no trailing s/l

max trades 4

mm= false

account protect=0

orders protect=0

But I get orders closed due to stop out on backtests.

And it is placing 5 orders when set to 4.

it places sell orders, and when the price moves against me, it stops out befor it even has a chance to open buy orders in the other direction.

any ideas?

Dave