Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 77

bluto:
Welp, I'm coming down the homestretch with the Goblin mods. The hedge feature is starting to work the way I want it to. This ea has been practically re-written but I think it'll be cool. Stockwet - nice recap...you should write technical manuals for a living. That EquityProtectionLevel thing was a rudimentary measure to help keep capital from getting sucked down the toilet when the market turns foul. Definitely could use some refinement - it's not symbol specific...the idea is that if you're running the EA on more than one symbol, they would all detect the equity hole concurrently and bail on their respective trades.

Sounds like it will be awesome

I'm assuming your finished with the Mods and are forward testing this now to make sure it's working the way it is supposed to, correct?

Thanks, Bluto. The code is real nice to go through. Everything makes sense. It took me all of about an hour to do the mods I mentioned in my previous post.

As for the EquityProtection code, it looks like the code prevents any additional trading from occurring, but, it only closes orders for that particular symbol. Here's the code in question:

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)

{

if (mode==OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Blue); }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Red); }

return(0);

}

This could leave trades of other symbol pairs open if they are not also set with the same EquityProtection levels.

Anyway, nice job. I can't wait to get the new version and play around with it.

Regards,

stockwet

bluto:
Welp, I'm coming down the homestretch with the Goblin mods. The hedge feature is starting to work the way I want it to. This ea has been practically re-written but I think it'll be cool. Stockwet - nice recap...you should write technical manuals for a living. That EquityProtectionLevel thing was a rudimentary measure to help keep capital from getting sucked down the toilet when the market turns foul. Definitely could use some refinement - it's not symbol specific...the idea is that if you're running the EA on more than one symbol, they would all detect the equity hole concurrently and bail on their respective trades.

I did have a question about the indicator issue. If the indicators on the screen do not have the same settings as those the EA uses, will this cause a problem? I noticed that the comments indicating trend info did change when I modified the indicator settings. I was a little surprised by this since I thought the comments were calculating based on the EA's settings.

matrixebiz:
Sounds like it will be awesome I'm assuming your finished with the Mods and are forward testing this now to make sure it's working the way it is supposed to, correct?

Yes, that's right.

bluto:
Yes, that's right.

is Santa coming early this year?

stockwet:
I did have a question about the indicator issue. If the indicators on the screen do not have the same settings as those the EA uses, will this cause a problem? I noticed that the comments indicating trend info did change when I modified the indicator settings. I was a little surprised by this since I thought the comments were calculating based on the EA's settings.

Most folks don't even put the indicators on their charts from what I've been told. The EA places icustom calls to the indicators, so the return values should be based on the parameters being passed to the indicators within the EA. This is the first I've heard of the the comments calculating something different as a result of alternate settings used on on the chart indicators. I'll have to look into that.

matrixebiz:
is Santa coming early this year?

Hahahhahah. Man, I don't know. Santa doesn't like delivering bottles of Beaujolais from the winery unless it has completely aged.

stockwet:
Thanks, Bluto. The code is real nice to go through. Everything makes sense. It took me all of about an hour to do the mods I mentioned in my previous post.

As for the EquityProtection code, it looks like the code prevents any additional trading from occurring, but, it only closes orders for that particular symbol. Here's the code in question:

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)

{

if (mode==OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Blue); }

if (mode==OP_SELL) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Red); }

return(0);

}

This could leave trades of other symbol pairs open if they are not also set with the same EquityProtection levels.

Anyway, nice job. I can't wait to get the new version and play around with it.

Regards,

stockwet

Ooops...I meant to say that the equity detector IS only specific to the given symbol, but since the same EA would be running on other chart pairs, they would close their trades accordingly. Now, if you're using another EA or trading manually in the same workstation session, then those trades wouldn't be touched.

Great News

bluto:

I'm looking forward to testing the new version of Goblin, great work. Will you be posting the the EA on this thread or a new thread?

I am playing with goblin options now. I choose the function of reverse blinldy, and it only opens a new position of reversed direction if the first trade is in the right dirction, and nothing happens if the first trade is in the wrong direction.

Do I miss something here?