Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 13

Excellant, thank you Bluto.

suggestion

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank Bluto for his great EA,

I'm really impressed

Secondly, Can I make suggestion to the goblin regarding the SecureProfit, it seems the value of SecureProfit is fix dollar value,

if (Profit>=SecureProfit)

Would it be better to change to :

if (Profit>=SecureProfit*PipValue)

Also on some demo account, it wont allow order bellow 0.1, i think its better to do some checking for this condition, but i don't how to do it

Thank You,

popok_sakti

bluto:
Yes...I've updated the original zip file on the first page with the changes.

Hi Bluto,

are you testing hedging pyramid strategy? Clasic pyramid is very risk.

(example , init 0,1Lot)

entry order 20pip above pivot (buystop) a 20pip bellow pivot (sellstop), Target profit 40pip. Dont SL.

- if price to TP, fajn - next další successful trade :-)

- if price turn back (for example from long) delete SELL STOP order and entry new order 0,2L

- if price down 40pip bellow pivot, close both trade.

0,2x40pip - 0,1x60pip - spready = 11pip (minus spready)

- if price dont TP in sell and price turn up and execute buystop (20pip above pivotem) buy 0,3L and TP again +40pip.

If execute TP profit 0,4Lx40pip - 0,2Lx60pip - spready = 22pip

-if again dont TP and price turn to pivot (entry SELL) open 0,5L short with TP again 40pip. If execute TP - profit 0,7x40 - 0,4x60 - 11x3 = 7pip.

If again dont price to TP (shit day :-)) ) again open long entry 0,8L,

If TP - profit TP bude zisk 1,2Lx40 - 0,7x60 - 14x3 = 18pip.

If down or up - you are winner!

This is system pyramid hedging - minimal need margin, only Long minus Short Lots.

Clasic system 1,2,4,8,16,32 MARGIN CALL

---------------------------------

Examples

motion opposite position --------------------------------- pip 0,-20,-40,-60,-80,-100,-120,-140,-160,-180,-200,-220,-240pip

hedging pyramid and exigencies margin ------ 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233 TP=40pip

dont hedging pyramid and exigencies margin ---- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, ............ ccaTP=20pip

consecutive losses ------------------------1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Source Rhombic1

popok_sakti:
Hi,

Firstly, I would like to thank Bluto for his great EA,

I'm really impressed

Secondly, Can I make suggestion to the goblin regarding the SecureProfit, it seems the value of SecureProfit is fix dollar value,

if (Profit>=SecureProfit)

Would it be better to change to :

if (Profit>=SecureProfit*PipValue)

Also on some demo account, it wont allow order bellow 0.1, i think its better to do some checking for this condition, but i don't how to do it

Thank You,

popok_sakti

Great suggestion on the SecureProfit. I'll implement that. As for the minimum lot size restriction, I'm not sure how to check for that. There might be a trading function in MT4. Another option would be to hard code it for each broker but that's not too elegant. I'll have to look into it.

frantacech:
Hi Bluto,

are you testing hedging pyramid strategy? Clasic pyramid is very risk.

(example , init 0,1Lot)

entry order 20pip above pivot (buystop) a 20pip bellow pivot (sellstop), Target profit 40pip. Dont SL.

- if price to TP, fajn - next další successful trade :-)

- if price turn back (for example from long) delete SELL STOP order and entry new order 0,2L

- if price down 40pip bellow pivot, close both trade.

0,2x40pip - 0,1x60pip - spready = 11pip (minus spready)

- if price dont TP in sell and price turn up and execute buystop (20pip above pivotem) buy 0,3L and TP again +40pip.

If execute TP profit 0,4Lx40pip - 0,2Lx60pip - spready = 22pip

-if again dont TP and price turn to pivot (entry SELL) open 0,5L short with TP again 40pip. If execute TP - profit 0,7x40 - 0,4x60 - 11x3 = 7pip.

If again dont price to TP (shit day :-)) ) again open long entry 0,8L,

If TP - profit TP bude zisk 1,2Lx40 - 0,7x60 - 14x3 = 18pip.

If down or up - you are winner!

This is system pyramid hedging - minimal need margin, only Long minus Short Lots.

Clasic system 1,2,4,8,16,32 MARGIN CALL

---------------------------------

Examples

motion opposite position --------------------------------- pip 0,-20,-40,-60,-80,-100,-120,-140,-160,-180,-200,-220,-240pip

hedging pyramid and exigencies margin ------ 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233 TP=40pip

dont hedging pyramid and exigencies margin ---- 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, ............ ccaTP=20pip

consecutive losses ------------------------1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Source Rhombic1

That's some good reference stuff there on Pyramid structures, but no, the Goblin EA isn't attempting any of that. This EA is an effort to enhance the

10Point3 EA to place trades in the right direction and avoid drawdowns. I'm simply using the built in Martingale style order processor to place the incremental trades, hopefully all in the successive right direction. The more I look at this EA, the more I want to rip that 10Point3 order engine out and do a complete re-write which is what I'm working on designing right now. You might want to take a look at some of the EA's that Maji built which use the pyramid approach...they're quite good.

It's doing pretty good so far. I have MaxTrades at 3 right now to reduce drawdown and OrderstoProtect at 3 with a secureprofit of 10 and InitialStop of 1. However I'm thinking about moving up to MaxTrades of 4.

Files:

bluto:
Great suggestion on the SecureProfit. I'll implement that. As for the minimum lot size restriction, I'm not sure how to check for that. There might be a trading function in MT4. Another option would be to hard code it for each broker but that's not too elegant. I'll have to look into it.

Thank You Bluto,

I found the code to check min and max lot,

if (lotsi>MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT)){ lotsi=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MAXLOT); }

if (lotsi<MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)) { lotsi=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT); }

popok_sakti

AdamDuritz99:
It's doing pretty good so far. I have MaxTrades at 3 right now to reduce drawdown and OrderstoProtect at 3 with a secureprofit of 10 and InitialStop of 1. However I'm thinking about moving up to MaxTrades of 4.

Nice. Which pairs are you using? Timeframe is probably H1? What about S/L? Do you use it?

Thanks

SloForeX:
Nice. Which pairs are you using? Timeframe is probably H1? What about S/L? Do you use it? Thanks

I'm currently only foward testing EUR/USD on H1. I'm now using a stoploss by setting InitialStop to 1.

AdamDuritz99:
I'm currently only foward testing EUR/USD on H1. I'm now using a stoploss by setting InitialStop to 1.

Thanks. And what does the InitialStop 1 means in your case?