Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 12

Forward testing

I have upgraded Goblin with the H4 ammendment and to date it has reassessed the direction on 2 pairs. Using the settings previously posted except to remove the AccountsProtect option, here is the first day's result.

John

Files:
goblin2.htm  22 kb
goblin2.gif  5 kb

I did some backtesting with the newest goblin on Eur/Usd. Using setup of maxtrade=6 takeprofit=15 lot=0.1 initialstop=0 pips=15 ordersprotect=0.

If the start date of testing is before November 16, it looks perfect; but if it starts from Nov 16, looks like it needs to do sth on stoploss(or maybe I should have some change on the setting?).

From the backtesting, it seems to give better results than the first one released.

Files:
fromnov16.gif  5 kb
fromjan1.gif  6 kb

Wackena:
bluto,

I wanted to see the TrendVal as part of the Comment() line at top of charts. So I modified the Comment() line as follows.

Comment("LastPrice=",LastPrice," Previous open orders=",PreviousOpenOrders," H4 Trend Dir: ",TrendTxt,"== ",TrendVal,"\nContinue opening=",ContinueOpening," OrderType=",myOrderType,"\n",text2,"\nLots=",lotsi,"\n",text);

The output on chart was "0". I also tried it with UpTrendVal and DnTrendVal in the Comment() line and both values were "0". It seems that the iCustom() function for Turbo_JVEL is not returning values.

I also tested 1st & 2nd Goblin release and got same results. When I first tested 1st release of Goblin, I got correct values in the Comment() line. Also, the Turbo_JVEL attached to chart has correct values.

Something must have changed in Turbo_JVEL Indicator code so that now the Parameters set in iCustom() could be incorrect.

Can you confirm if what I am seeing is correct? Hope I'm wrong.

Wackena

The call to Turbo_JVEL and the associated return values is working fine. It has to do with the timing of how and when the OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX() function is called and when variables are populated for the comment line.

Here's a revised version that continually refreshes the comment line variables with each tick.

Files:
goblin_2.mq4  13 kb

yeoeleven:
I have upgraded Goblin with the H4 ammendment and to date it has reassessed the direction on 2 pairs. Using the settings previously posted except to remove the AccountsProtect option, here is the first day's result. John

Thanks. Sheesh, I picked a bad time with these wild markets to release a new EA.

bluto:
The call to Turbo_JVEL and the associated return values is working fine. It has to do with the timing of how and when the OpenOrdersBasedOnTrendRSX() function is called and when variables are populated for the comment line. Here's a revised version that continually refreshes the comment line variables with each tick.

bluto,

Thanks, works like a charm.

Wackena

Hi Bluto,

First of all, congratulations for this great EA. Me and my friend will start testing this EA and we have some additional questions.

If we wan't to use goblin, do we have to attach your indicator as well? If yes which one? Turbo_Jvel or Turbo_Jrsx?

We will use the default settings and H4 timeframe and then report the results.

SloForeX:
Hi Bluto,

First of all, congratulations for this great EA. Me and my friend will start testing this EA and we have some additional questions.

If we wan't to use goblin, do we have to attach your indicator as well? If yes which one? Turbo_Jvel or Turbo_Jrsx?

We will use the default settings and H4 timeframe and then report the results.

Slo -

You do not need to attach either of the indicators to the chart. Your Goblin chart timeframes for trading should be H1. The JVEL indicator uses an H4 timeframe internally to reference the overall trend.

Is there an updated version for what was changed in this post? Thanks

yeoeleven:
I have upgraded Goblin with the H4 ammendment and to date it has reassessed the direction on 2 pairs. Using the settings previously posted except to remove the AccountsProtect option, here is the first day's result. John

bluto:
Slo -

You do not need to attach either of the indicators to the chart. Your Goblin chart timeframes for trading should be H1. The JVEL indicator uses an H4 timeframe internally to reference the overall trend.

Waw!

Thanks for your quick response. We will pay attention to your suggestions. Thanks!

goldensight:
Is there an updated version for what was changed in this post? Thanks

Yes...I've updated the original zip file on the first page with the changes.