Newbie leverage/backtesting question

First, let me say I'm very new to this. I know what the leverage is, I've read different things on the subject, but decided I wanted to see how it works for my self, risk vs reward and what not. I opened a couple different demo accounts with North Finance at different leverages, the standard 1:100, 1:200 and 1:500. I started backtesting an EA, just trying to see the difference the different leverages would give. But my results are all the same. The MT4 tester, does this always work at 1:100? Is there a way to change this? I learn better by doing so I thought an experiment would teach best, but I can't get the different leverages to give me different results where as I'm sure it would on a live account.

drew

andrewpttsbrgh:
First, let me say I'm very new to this. I know what the leverage is, I've read different things on the subject, but decided I wanted to see how it works for my self, risk vs reward and what not. I opened a couple different demo accounts with North Finance at different leverages, the standard 1:100, 1:200 and 1:500. I started backtesting an EA, just trying to see the difference the different leverages would give. But my results are all the same. The MT4 tester, does this always work at 1:100? Is there a way to change this? I learn better by doing so I thought an experiment would teach best, but I can't get the different leverages to give me different results where as I'm sure it would on a live account. drew

The only difference you will have is that the higher the leverage the higher the insterest you pay for rolling positions (once a day, every day, usually at 17h EST, depending on the broker). Metatrader call these interest: swap. Obviously higher leverages also mean more free margin.

ldamiani:
The only difference you will have is that the higher the leverage the higher the insterest you pay for rolling positions (once a day, every day, usually at 17h EST, depending on the broker). Metatrader call these interest: swap. Obviously higher leverages also mean more free margin.

... and higher profits

.... and higher losses