Live Testing reports - page 54

TO AZBO

Always had an IBFX account to watch/check. Till now IBFX was always worst than FXDD. But this week, much better results on IBFX than FXDD....

Same for you ?

(same cur, EA, mode, etc)

m6m6:
On my live account, I have 5.7.0 running GBP/USD, signal count 15. I also have 5.7.0 indicator activated.

This morning, I had a signal from the indicator for a sell at 13:45 but no trade was triggered. In the demo account, same signal, same time, trade entered !

Does anyone know why it happened ?

No M6M6, coz I had already a trade (short) since 28/03 at 14h30. Then locked. Perhaps somebody else can find what happened, I hope for you.

m6m6:
On my live account, I have 5.7.0 running GBP/USD, signal count 15. I also have 5.7.0 indicator activated.

This morning, I had a signal from the indicator for a sell at 13:45 but no trade was triggered. In the demo account, same signal, same time, trade entered !

Does anyone know why it happened ?

I've encountered this issue a couple times before, look in your "Experts" log, there should be an "Ordersend(129)" error, which means the order is locked, but locked by what I don't know..... not sure about mode1, but when this happens in mode3, 1 order would be opened instead of 3.

This post on Metaquote http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/1648/ seems to suggest that it is due to a fast moving market or too slow connection. But if market is too fast, why would the order go through in demo account but not the other? And with everyone on DSL now, slow connection doesn't seem like the cause either. Then the OP said that his problem was solved by upgrading to build 190, but we're up to build 202 now and it is still happening. Then there's the possiblity that there's something wrong in Phoenix, but again, why would it work in demo but not your other account? A mystery to me.......

I have setup another account which I just let ran full auto, will post results soon.

Phoenix 6 already has retry on several order types. "In a fast moving market" could easily refer to the broker giving you a requote or not offering the original price anymore. I call refreshrates() before submitting the trade again.

daraknor:
Frank, thank you for your honest and fair comments. People are welcome to post anywhere, but we try to avoid asking and answering the same 10 questions 100 times.

If you want to put money on an account, I'd recommend 5.7.0 strongly unless you want to use trailing stops. If you want the delayed trailing stops, I recommend the version Pcontour posted based on 5.7.2 (he altered the name slightly in his post, which I heartily condone).

I believe the true test of any EA is real money trading. I would strongly recommend against IBFX, and most threads on most forums will tell you why. I have posted regarding IBFX in those threads, with my research done on the financial arrangements. We have also done testing that consistently shows FXDD to perform better on demo accounts than IBFX on demo.

Even with only minor changes, trades are different among brokers, and sometimes on the same broker by multiple people. My first goal was to make the EA perform more reliably when the broker is the same, signal is the same, start time is the same. I believe we did that, because we are seeing many reports of people in this thread having the exact same trades. Synchronized trading doesn't always occur even with the same broker and a hands off approach but it occurs much more often now. We use ConsecSignals in order to keep the accounts in synchronization. It also avoids trading an errant Buy or Sell signal that is sandwiched by 5 or 10 signals going the opposite direction. Errant signals are something of an issue, but the root causes won't be addressed until Phoenix6 has some enhancements (magnitude & sign instead of just sign of Fast-Slow, etc).

Our main development goal for the past 2 months has been stability and learning how to optimize Phoenix. I am inclined to agree with Hendrick, optimization can't be taught as a rote process. Along the way we have collectively learned how to optimize, and this pause in development (stable instead of feature cram) has given us time to reflect on what areas of Phoenix would benefit most from development.

Daraknor,

I really do appreciate all of your help. I know that this is very time consuming to answer all of the questions that appear on this forum and I don’t want you to think your help it is not greatly appreciated. I have done my very best to go through every post in the forum that that is Phoenix related however this has been a very daunting task as I’m sure it is answering everybody’s questions. I do feel like it’s for the greater good and when it comes time I will answer my fair share of questions to help other people in forex- trading. I’ve helped a lot of people learn indicators and about the forex-market with no benefits of their then the gratification that I’m doing somebody a little bit of good however I’m starting to lose grip on what is real and what is not. I will continue following this particular forum and I will also be posting results of daily trades. The only difference that I seem to be able to come up with is that different accounts have a little different margin set-up and that seems to make a bit of difference.

-7 GMT Utah MST

m6m6:
This morning, I had a signal from the indicator for a sell at 13:45 but no trade was triggered. In the demo account, same signal, same time, trade entered ! Does anyone know why it happened ?

to get real answers on this and not just speculation (signal manipulation by the broker), send the broker an email and ask them.

AZBOfin

bertbin:
TO AZBO

Always had an IBFX account to watch/check. Till now IBFX was always worst than FXDD. But this week, much better results on IBFX than FXDD....

Same for you ?

(same cur, EA, mode, etc)

yes indeed. when i saw the IBFX demo trading better, i switched on my live IBFX account just to make some pips on the side.

in general this week is really bad and i am thinking about turning phoenix off for my live accounts. i was up like 10% just to see it go sour. i had some manual short trades on EURJPY making good money though.

AZBOfin

bertbin:
since 28/03 at 14h30.

... and bertbin is well ahead of his time ....

AZBOfin:
to get real answers on this and not just speculation (signal manipulation by the broker), send the broker an email and ask them. AZBOfin

I will do so right now ! Thanks...

AZBOfin:
yes indeed. when i saw the IBFX demo trading better, i switched on my live IBFX account just to make some pips on the side.

in general this week is really bad and i am thinking about turning phoenix off for my live accounts. i was up like 10% just to see it go sour. i had some manual short trades on EURJPY making good money though.

AZBOfin

Put also an indicator named aNina_v1 on your chart : good to see the trend

... and bertbin is well ahead of his time ....

Hu !