Settings Files - page 8

AZBOfin:
after seeing bertbin's awesome results with the EURJPY pair, i put the original settings thru the "optimizer", and this is what i got out of it. AZBOfin

These results sound promising. I converted this to Phoenix 5.7.2 and gave it a quick test. The result were OK. I ran the same test with 5.7.2, 5.7.2a. 5.7.2b and 5.7.2_W and 5.7.0, they all give the same results. So this file is good.

Files:

alamanjani:
Probablly not too usefull, but anyway, I've put all preffered settings into this Excel file for easy comparing and easy entering them before starting with optimization. Mario

I find it useful. I will add it to my conversions post 1. I have edited it slightly to make it even more helpful to new people.

A settings file! I'm so happy! *sniff*

Happy Day: PhoenixFund was approved as an FXDD IB. See PhoenixFund thread for details

Phoenix 5.7.2 GBPUSD

Here is an updated settings file, along with several weeks of backtesting results. A few losses would have been cut out if Friday afternoon trading was blocked.

I will post some settings for Phoenix6 when it is released for beta. I've been spending most of CPU cycles testing my commercial EA project. I'll be adding a few minor pieces of it into Phoenix 6. One exit signal to avoid losses, one confirmation signal.

Files:

Settings file??

Something appears to be wrong with the setting file Daraknor. All the signal inputs are zeros.

I have been testing that file and those are the results. I had an optimized signal (instead of optimized trade) on my old hard drive but it appears lost :/ I'm working on USDJPY optimization now. Those settings I submitted above are valid (look at the number of consecutive signals required, etc).

I have been trying to optimize Phoenix for the past 2 days. I was going to do the optimization for P6 since that's the version that everyone will likely be using in the near future. But since this is my first go at optimization, I had to follow the optimization guide, and since the optimization guide was written for P5 and the two versions are so different, I had to switch to optimizing P5 instead. I followed the guide and everything went well until I actually went to optimize. I spent hours trying different things, but MT4 keeps telling me that the results were discarded as insignificant. Can anybody help me?

You probably have a checkbox filled in.

Expert Properties, Optimization. Any of these checkboxes will halt the optimization early. Generally I leave these filled in. If you want to see "how relatively badly" things are working, right click Optimization results tab, uncheck "skip useless results"

Sometimes when I'm picking settings I want to see how fragile something is, so I show the bad results too. Then I get an idea of how similar settings performed, and if any lost money.

daraknor:
You probably have a checkbox filled in.

Expert Properties, Optimization. Any of these checkboxes will halt the optimization early. Generally I leave these filled in. If you want to see "how relatively badly" things are working, right click Optimization results tab, uncheck "skip useless results"

Sometimes when I'm picking settings I want to see how fragile something is, so I show the bad results too. Then I get an idea of how similar settings performed, and if any lost money.

Daraknor

I've seen you write about Fragile settings before and I finally know what you mean. I tried running 5.7.2 with only one signal active. The results graph went up and down like a bouncing ball, from point to point, and no setting resulted in profit. I was looking for some kind of a bell curve. Where I would try to find the middle point rather than the highest point giving me a stable setting.

I still need to get all the FXDD data, before I become a serious optimizer. I've spent my hours on the various code streams.

I'd recommend just scrolling all the way to the left on the chart instead. The downloaded data and the chart data are different.

Here is a new settings file for P6 Simple, Beta2. If you were using Beta1, I recommend upgrading to Beta2.

USDCHF M15 has new settings. Against unoptimized data it earned $875 in P6 Beta2 simple compared to $1 using the default settings in Phoenix 5.

I had money management turned off during optimization, and then turned back on for the settings results and in the settings files.

Files:
p6_settings.zip  239 kb