Settings Files - page 12

pjo:
I have been using FXDD for demo already.

I took a chance to load Alpari optimized minimum drawdown set into FXDD and the result is very nice.

The set is Alpari optimized plus

PreSettings = true

U_MM=true

You are doing well already. Notice in the picture you sent the money management is visible in the green bars at the bottom. It is changing he number of lots being traded. There is more about it in the documents.

Revive Phoenix!

Hi Pcontour,

Do you know where the most recent update to the settings file can be found. It seems that you are the only one of the programmers left working on Phoenix!

I would like to play with it and see if i can get a new settings file

jwhite1319:
Hi Pcontour,

Do you know where the most recent update to the settings file can be found. It seems that you are the only one of the programmers left working on Phoenix!

I would like to play with it and see if i can get a new settings file

The way things worked is that the preferred settings in the program, were updated with the latest "best settings found". So if you move the values of the pref settings in the program to the settings file then you will have the latest best settings. People found other best settings. The truth is that the program did not have the latest settings that people found. In my opinion, you don't need anybody else's settings files to optimize. I think it is important that you don't use money management when working on you signal settings.

The settings document doesn't reflect my opinion on the best way to get good long term settings. Generally what people were doing was getting good settings over the most recent month and hoping they would work for the next month. My opinion is that the best way to get good long term settings is to use as long a period as you can and find something that works over a very long period. No settings are perfect.

How do you mitigate against a long string of losses. This is where the decrease factor comes in. It chops your bet down dramatically after two out of the last three trades are losers. That strategy was very effective in increasing profits after I changed it. It did have one market that killed it. A long series of every second trade being a loser. There are always some losses. FX is a percentages game. A simple repair to that strategy can result in a different pattern that would cause a problem. One key to the decrease strategy working well is the ability to ramp back up aggressively and trade again as fast as it ramps down.

How do you cut your losses and let your winners run. There is a limit to the losses in terms of pips. You never let it go lower than designed 80 pips. To let the winners run. I made a trailing stoploss that tightens up as you go higher into the profit zone. People don't realize it is a percentages game. They said to me, I was 40 points in the profit and the old code would have taken the profit but instead, I ended up with 5 pips only, can you make it only trail by 10 pips. On the flip side. I saw one trade go up 260 pips in the profit. In that case you miss out on 220 pips. When you tighten it to 10 pips you lose long term. The profits were drastically lower. You need to have a big picture mind set. When you make a change to try to rectify one particular situation where you lost, you create a different situation where you create a different loss. or miss out on a win.

Real trading doesn't match back testing for a number of reasons that Ian innumerated. You need strong backtests to hope to get good profits in real trading. Small tuning differences in backtests can have no difference in real testing. I feel that some of the original settings from Hendrick along with recent improvements to the money management can produce the best results. The key part of the settings file that you really want to concentrate on tuning is the signals themselves. You can go back to some original version and find Hendrick's settings that still may work well today.

Currently trading Phoenix Fund on USDCHF M15 settings built into P6 released. None of the other settings files seem valid from what I've seen so far.

I finally have a machine to do backtesting on, so I can come up with new settings. Does anyone have M1 data for FXDD that I can use? My data only goes back to Feb 2008.

I spent some time working on systems to do arbitrage, writing my own ECN trading platform, and getting hired for food money to do a silly MACD trading system. I have an awesome MACD indicator but the EA wasn't profitable long term (short term sometimes). I didn't get paid for it since it didn't make money, how silly is that? Seems... common though. Anyway, I'm budgeting 5-10 hours a week on Phoenix again.

Ian aka Daraknor

Settings

daraknor:
Currently trading Phoenix Fund on USDCHF M15 settings built into P6 released. None of the other settings files seem valid from what I've seen so far.

I finally have a machine to do backtesting on, so I can come up with new settings. Does anyone have M1 data for FXDD that I can use? My data only goes back to Feb 2008.

I spent some time working on systems to do arbitrage, writing my own ECN trading platform, and getting hired for food money to do a silly MACD trading system. I have an awesome MACD indicator but the EA wasn't profitable long term (short term sometimes). I didn't get paid for it since it didn't make money, how silly is that? Seems... common though. Anyway, I'm budgeting 5-10 hours a week on Phoenix again.

Ian aka Daraknor

Just started testing for both U/J and U/C. Are there any newer settings than the once built in in P6 and the ones that was converted for U/J some posts back?

Thanks

Please which currency pair and settings has been well tested and is best for Phoenix 6 released

error 130 Phoenix_5_6_03.mq4

I am new to forex trading and I have been impressed with this EA. I opened a micro account with investtechfx and I am always getting the error 130. I have did some research on the problem and I know it has to do with the trailing stop calculation, but I dont know how to fix it. Help will be greatly appreciated! This error is driving me crazy

walther6588:
I am new to forex trading and I have been impressed with this EA. I opened a micro account with investtechfx and I am always getting the error 130. I have did some research on the problem and I know it has to do with the trailing stop calculation, but I dont know how to fix it. Help will be greatly appreciated! This error is driving me crazy

extern bool U_AccIsMicro = false; //Micro means 0.01 lot size is allowed

This value must be true to use a Micro account. Did you set this?

Pcontour:
extern bool U_AccIsMicro = false; //Micro means 0.01 lot size is allowed This value must be true to use a Micro account. Did you set this?

Hello, Pcontour

Glad to see you on Phoenix thread again. It seems all of you who invloved developers & participators was out of there. Could you kindly tell me what going on for Phoenix 6 project? Much appreciate for your kindly help.

tusa:
Hello, Pcontour Glad to see you on Phoenix thread again. It seems all of you who invloved developers & participators was out of there. Could you kindly tell me what going on for Phoenix 6 project? Much appreciate for your kindly help.

I don't know what happened to it. You would need to read all the posts. I lost interest in the P6. I liked the last version of P5.7 better. Find the original settings, and apply them back into the program. I haven't done anything for 2 years, I can't believe it. Read a lot of the posts it's the only way to learn.