Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 24

Hi Darak !

Same alert this morning and no trades since...

Is this normal ?

bertbin:
Hi Darak

I loaded P572a

I have that msg in Experts

2007.01.23 11:25:13 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_2a USDCHF,M15: Alert: Fast should be 5+ faster than Slow. P_Period settings invalid. USDCHF

After :

2007.01.23 11:25:13 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_2a USDCHF,M15: Alert: Fast 5 SLOW 20

And

2007.01.23 11:25:13 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_2a USDCHF,M15: initialized

Same 3 msg for GB/$

(and pop up appears)

Normal ?

Thks

This is new code. Here is the point and an example

P_FAST_Period should be 5 or more higher than P_SLOW_Period, for indicator 4 to work as designed.

The following EURJPY setting are OK

P_Fast_Period = 20;

P_Slow_Period = 10;

You used the following USDCHF settings that are not OK.

P_Fast_Period = 5;

P_Slow_Period = 20;

What has happened in the case of USDCHF, is that some wacky contrarian settings has produced better results for someones optimization.

Here is the list of currencies that have wacky settings:

• USDCHF
  • GBPUSD
  • GBPJPY
  • EURUSD (currently commented out so it is not setting anything)

What can you do. If you want to go ahead and use the wacky settings, out do the following. ( 3/5 of the settings are wacky or 4/6 if you count the one currently commented)

Comment out the following lines as shown

/* if(P_Fast_Period < P_Slow_Period + 5)

{

return(0);

} */

This is just under "void start()".

You can do the same with the following which is just above "void start()".

/* if(P_Fast_Period < P_Slow_Period + 5)

{

Alert("Fast should be 5+ faster than Slow. P_Period settings invalid. "+Symbol());

Alert(" Fast "+P_Fast_Period+" SLOW "+P_Slow_Period );

} */

Do as you see fit.

5.7.2a Alert

Pcontour:
This is new code... Do as you see fit.

I am confussed. I uploaded 5.7.2a on the two pairs I am testing: USDCHF and GBPUSD in mode 1 and 3. I have smiles on al of them. None are taking trades.

Do we need to go change settings in the code ?

Did we test 5.7.1 with wrong settings ?

I also started a long back test with 5.7.2a. that is not generating anything yet.

Thank you in advance for clarifying this issue !

Pb with P572a

Well

Thanks Pcontour BUT : I will NEVER touch an inside line of Phoenix a/ my brain is toooooo small.... (not joking!!) b/ I am not a programmer.... Thanks the effort... but I let you know that I understood nothing...

Old trades with P570 (my previous version) have been closed this night (TP and SL reached)

===.>>>>>>>> No trades openned with P572a since yesterday 15h25 GMT (loaded time)

I switch back to P570

I should note that 5.7.2 is for the development of new settings and not for trading with the old settings. Contrarian settings (calling having a fast car at 2 mph and a slow car at 30mph) were working but maybe they shouldn't be. I should probably make that a button *sigh* We have too many buttons.

the reason to not allow contrarian settings is to speed up optimization by 1/3. So if optimization over the entire range of answers took 3 days before, it will take a little under 2 days now. GA will skip contrarian settings and focus on finding real settings now, spending about the same (fixed) amount of time.

Settings for 5.7.2

Do you mean that I've been wasting my time with 5.7.1? Will settings found for 5.7.1 not work with 5.7.2?

I think we need specific guidelines for optimization, or it's going to be a never-ending merry-go-round.

daraknor:
I should note that 5.7.2 is for the development of new settings and not for trading with the old settings. Contrarian settings (calling having a fast car at 2 mph and a slow car at 30mph) were working but maybe they shouldn't be. I should probably make that a button *sigh* We have too many buttons. the reason to not allow contrarian settings is to speed up optimization by 1/3. So if optimization over the entire range of answers took 3 days before, it will take a little under 2 days now. GA will skip contrarian settings and focus on finding real settings now, spending about the same (fixed) amount of time.

Boy, if something isn't begining to smell on the home front! Wonder what it is? Its kind'd like the smell of the barn yard in the dead of summer. Sounds like piles of B.S. to me.

The CockeyedCowboy

Trend catcher

Hi Darak

Hope you are good now

About trend and entry/exit signal:

http://fxperz.com/Home/tabid/53/EntryID/4/Default.aspx

See you

m6m6:
I am confussed. I uploaded 5.7.2a on the two pairs I am testing: USDCHF and GBPUSD in mode 1 and 3. I have smiles on al of them. None are taking trades.

Do we need to go change settings in the code ?

Did we test 5.7.1 with wrong settings ?

I also started a long back test with 5.7.2a. that is not generating anything yet.

Thank you in advance for clarifying this issue !

I am too busy to follow all the threads and breaking news every day. I can't answer your question on "Did we test 5.7.1 with wrong settings ?" as far as the team effort on Phoenix goes. Hence I suggested. "Do as you see fit."

Each indicator has been invented and designed to work a certain way. An easy example"

20 day MVA and a 50 day MVA. When the 20 day crosses the 50 day going up you buy right. Lets optimize the MVAs.

MVA that is fast in this case will be optimized for 10 to 40 steps of 10 and the slower MVA will be optimized from 20 to 50 in steps of ten. Here is the table

Fast

Pcontour:
I am too busy to follow all the threads and breaking news every day. I can't answer your question on "Did we test 5.7.1 with wrong settings ?" as far as the team effort on Phoenix goes. Hence I suggested. "Do as you see fit."

Each indicator has been invented and designed to work a certain way. An easy example"

20 day MVA and a 50 day MVA. When the 20 day crosses the 50 day going up you buy right. Lets optimize the MVAs.

MVA that is fast in this case will be optimized for 10 to 40 steps of 10 and the slower MVA will be optimized from 20 to 50 in steps of ten. Here is the table

Fast

I have lots of time and CPU available but no clear understanding of what to do yet. I will try to resume, let me know if I am wrong. In 5.7.2a, we need to first optimize settings in signal 1 to 5, then we will move on to another set of settings, etc. I don't know witch indicators are used inside the code, what they were design for and what are the logical ranges (Start, Step, Stop) for optimization.

If you can point me in the right direction, I will do the work. I have 2 dual core computers available at the moment.