Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 15

daraknor ignore squigglefunk.

I've tested that firebird many times but it keeps losing.

Phoenix can make some profit.

I don't really understand why you think that mode 1 is stable - it keeps losing for me.

Mode 2 makes good profit but loses most of it.

Mode 3 makes profits but loses BADLY

Shinigami:

I don't really understand why you think that mode 1 is stable - it keeps losing for me.

I have been saying all along that there are some problems with it, till there are corrected you will have big differences between runs, with different brokers, different start times, and different currencies.

All that daraknor would say is my english was bad. One learns by ones mistakes. You have to do the work if you want to learn.

PS sorry for the poor use of the english lanugage it is not my mother lanugage.......................

The CockeyedCowboy

Suggestion:

An Equity Protection routine. Often is heard on these forums, that an EA is running well and then the Market surges and account equity has heavy loses or is wiped out. If Phoenix runs well and increases account equity, it should have protection in case of news or someother unknown market phenominum that could cause large loses. A simple routine is this:

extern bool UseProtection = true;

extern double MaxFloatLevel = 1500;

int Trade = 0;

int start()

{

if(Trade==1) {return(0);}

if(UseProtection && AccountBalance()-AccountEquity()>MaxFloatLevel)

{

Print("Equity Protection - Trading Stopped");

Alert("Equity Protection - Trading Stopped");

Trade = 1;

for(cnt=OrdersTotal();cnt>=0;cnt--)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == MAGICMA01 || OrderMagicNumber() == MAGICMA02 || OrderMagicNumber() == MAGICMA03)

{

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Violet); }

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) { OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Violet); }

return(0);

}

}

}

Maybe someone can provide idea to make MaxFloatLevel dynamic, but in this code, it needs to be set to allow enough negative float for normal EA requirement. This routine may not help long slow drawdowns, but should help during quick sharp long spikes.

Wackena

Shinigami:

The settings probably need refreshing, the market has been strange the past few weeks. Once we stop having errors, I will focus on settings.

Mode 2 & 3 have some trade protection built in, but it was buggy and not working. Once the bugs are corrected that will have better performance increase than changing settings. I was hoping other people would keep making settings, and we have seen some contributions but not the level of testing/feedback we probably need. The trade info always helps

The biggest performance gain seems to be switching brokers.

I think the best "account protection" we have is the default behavior - one trade at lots equal to a percentage of equity. We can change this to balance or equity as necessary. I'm more concerned about consecutive losses on the first trade more than the balance changes. The balance changes are already protected by limiting the total maximum exposure on trades. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a maximum drawdown limit though.

Maybe something where the maximum drawdown is a percentage setting chosen by the user, and every time it opens a new trade it checks the balance and records the larger Balance (current or previous). Every time it tries to open a new trade, the balance is checked again. If the current balance is X% lower than the previous balance, then don't trade and send the user an email + launch an alert. Stopping and starting the EA would clear the stored information, and the EA would resume trading. Ideally this would be on a per currency basis.

cockeyedcowboy:
I have been saying all along that there are some problems with it, till there are corrected you will have big differences between runs, with different brokers, different start times, and different currencies.

All that daraknor would say is my english was bad. One learns by ones mistakes. You have to do the work if you want to learn.

PS sorry for the poor use of the english lanugage it is not my mother lanugage.......................

The CockeyedCowboy

You have been posting about issues with the EA. Whenever anyone asks what you mean you have either claimed they need to learn for themselves or deleted your posts. Since you haven't made a substantiated claim (that means showing us a problem instead of just saying there is one) and you like to cause trouble, I have just started to ignore you. It is like saying, "The US started all of the world's problems" or "China will never be any good" and not saying why at all. This is just an example of why people get ignored when they say things. Intelligent people tend to push them aside. I debated with you before, now I just ignore your repeated insistent claims that *something* is wrong. In the post where you claimed that Phoenix was the same as a random number generator I laboriously belabored my point so you would see that it is not a random number generator. You deleted your post and then said similar things a few days later. I count this happening 3 times.

Maybe read story of "Chicken Little" too.

daraknor:
Based on research, there is a *huge* difference between brokers. https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers/page45#comment_111522 IBFX and related brokers (FXLQ, V4X, FXSOL) have a pretty strange erratic signal as well. NF and FXDD have a cleaner signal that is very similar between demo and real accounts.

I copied the above quote by daraknor from another Phoenix thread.

I read on another thread in forex-tsd forum about Broker spreads and an idea was posted about working with the spreads. To determine a max allowable spread for a pair and then code EA not to trade that pair when spread exceed that limit. Many, even if not most, times Broker increase spreads is during some news event or strong market spike. Could this be a useful trade filter? Could be just too Broker (like IBFX) specific to have overall benefits.

This is a new idea for me and I'm not sure that I fully comprehend the benefits versus potential problems in interrupting trade cycles.

Just something to think about.

Wackena

daraknor:
You have been posting about issues with the EA. Whenever anyone asks what you mean you have either claimed they need to learn for themselves or deleted your posts. Since you haven't made a substantiated claim (that means showing us a problem instead of just saying there is one) and you like to cause trouble, I have just started to ignore you. It is like saying, "The US started all of the world's problems" or "China will never be any good" and not saying why at all. This is just an example of why people get ignored when they say things. Intelligent people tend to push them aside. I debated with you before, now I just ignore your repeated insistent claims that *something* is wrong. In the post where you claimed that Phoenix was the same as a random number generator I laboriously belabored my point so you would see that it is not a random number generator. You deleted your post and then said similar things a few days later. I count this happening 3 times. Maybe read story of "Chicken Little" too.

I thing your so near sited that your holding the progress back. I dont give any answers as I said before you must do the work yourself. I gave you a begining point to start looking at the situation but you refused to event consider it. Your going to optomize this thing to death and you dont even know which variables that need to be examined. You think that because that piece of paper hanging on your wall is all you need. I said before and I say it again your response in these post reflect some from Tualatin Valley. Till you open your eyes to other posiblities then this thing will for ever be unstable.

The CockeyedCowboy

cockeyedcowboy:
I thing your so near sited that your holding the progress back. I dont give any answers as I said before you must do the work yourself. I gave you a begining point to start looking at the situation but you refused to event consider it. Your going to optomize this thing to death and you dont even know which variables that need to be examined. You think that because that piece of paper hanging on your wall is all you need. I said before and I say it again your response in these post reflect some from Tualatin Valley. Till you open your eyes to other posiblities then this thing will for ever be unstable. The CockeyedCowboy

This sort of nebulous grandstanding is totally NOT helpful. If you have a corrective contribution to make, then please make it. I think you have Daraknor's attention if you'll just stop being so obtuse and put it into plain words.

Your English is obviously good enough to convey the fact that you have some issues with Phoenix, so just go ahead and say what they are.

Changelog 5.7.0

Removed Global Variable Code for mode3

Rewrote all SL detection and trade morade tracking code.

No more history file checks

No more trade monitoring

Vastly increased performance

Added 3 variables for controlling the 3 trades in mode 3.

Variables added to the Mode3 settings area

Changed default mode3 settings TP multiplier

Suggestion on use of mode3: This behavior is much different than previous versions because the code actually works. If you want a system similar to the previous mode 3, set the first trade to have the highest multiplier. For example, T1adj=1.3 T2adj=1.0 T3adj=0.7 When the price hits 0.7*TP the second trade will have SL moved to breakeven. Trade1 will never have the SL adjusted, only Trade2 and Trade3.I dodn't want to change the settings on people, but the performance was so poor I added these optional settings.

Mode1 is still default, Mode3 is still needing testing but it will likely have poor performance until the nonbugged version is optimized. Previous mode3 optimizations were really optimizing bugs, not mode3 as intended. I ran 5 tests on 3 different data sources and had no bugs.

Files:

Changelog 5.7.0

please let me know if anyone has errors. 5.7.0 will automatically assume control of existing trades.