MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 11

The EA is one I built. It was compiled with 214. Not eating my resources from what I know so far. What would be a common cause for this problem?

The EA may work for days at a time without problems and suddenly lock up. Not sure what it is.

dtomassino:
The EA is one I built. It was compiled with 214. Not eating my resources from what I know so far. What would be a common cause for this problem? The EA may work for days at a time without problems and suddenly lock up. Not sure what it is.

Last is 215.

Features of New MQL5

Seems MT5 will be within us for the end of the 2008

Interview with Stanislav Starikov: Features of New MQL5 - MQL4 forum

Some tips:

.The program environment will be launched first than the client (MQL5).

.The interviewed looks exhausted, they should be working counter clock

.The interviewed was not prepared at tall, look at the shirt

Update MT4

Hi, how can I force update of a Metatrader? Yesterday I see that one Metatrader, that I use, was old (not build 215) and wasn't working. I can't see a button to upgrade to new version. I tryed to close and reopen the application, but nothing. I resolved deleting the demo account and recreate a new account. In that case Live Update started but next time I don't want to delete it! How I can?

NTrader:
Hi, how can I force update of a Metatrader? Yesterday I see that one Metatrader, that I use, was old (not build 215) and wasn't working. I can't see a button to upgrade to new version. I tryed to close and reopen the application, but nothing. I resolved deleting the demo account and recreate a new account. In that case Live Update started but next time I don't want to delete it! How I can?

Your old account (the one you've deleted) was enabled?.

Next time try to run the LiveUpdate application from MT4 folder.

Linuxser:
Your old account (the one you've deleted) was enabled?. Next time try to run the LiveUpdate application from MT4 folder.

Yes, it doesn't expire. I tryed also to launch LiveUpdate from folder but nothing. Next time I'll try to close MT first and then launch LiveUpdate.

NTrader:
Yes, it doesn't expire. I tryed also to launch LiveUpdate from folder but nothing. Next time I'll try to close MT first and then launch LiveUpdate.

Sometimes the cause is a failed update. See if the liveupdate folder is empty, if not, delete everything inside.

Build 216

Again Interesting point 4

17 April 2008 New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 216 has been released.

What’s new:

1. Tester: Provided correct initialization/deinitialization of libraries used by the Expert Advisor under test, at repeated passes and at optimization.

2. Tester: Fixed the triggering of Sell Limit orders when tested by open prices.

3. MQL4: Eliminated memory leaks occurring when referencing outside a string array.

4. When placing an order by Market Execution, disabled the feature of entering the values of SL and TP, the corresponding fields are blocked.

5. Fixed error of losing the data of off-line charts when attaching MQL4 scripts to such charts.

Linuxser:
Again Interesting point 4

Yes; brilliant! At least as useful as removing the "recalculate" option for the strategy tester.

EDIT: hmm, I just "upgraded" to 216 (from IBFX), and the point 4 fix isn't there; or else it doesn't

mean what I thought it would mean. Maybe someone can elaborate?