Can anyone help me with leverage? - page 2

Yes it is changeable at NF and you can start from 1:200 leverage. It is good for you because you are newbie and still want to start.

http://www.forex-metal.com/affiliate/46199/2

Raybenz1983:
Yes it is changeable at NF and you can start from 1:200 leverage. It is good for you because you are newbie and still want to start. http://www.forex-metal.com/affiliate/46199/2

Hmm... that's not a very subtle affiliate link... maybe next time you could use html and hide it a bit?

Leverage is useful if you want to trade a basket system.

Problem with basket systems (if we are talking about the same thing) is the margin - very hard to avoid the traps laid down in margins

Fbs offers flexible leverage starting from 1:1 up to 1:500. May be you can try to trade with this broker and feel comfortable in trading.

I think that leverage will depend on the type of accounts, that you use. On the small account it could be bigger leverage (about 1:200), on the normal (classic) it can be about 1:50 or 1:100 (because here are bigger deposits).

colin, what leverage would you use on a $500 account if you don't mind?

stanparker, I would set 1:100. I think that will be just right.

colin_morgan:
stanparker, I would set 1:100. I think that will be just right.

I ll also try 1:100...

You fellas are still missing the point. It doesn't matter what level you set your leverage at it's whether you use it or not.

To the trader above with a $500 account... No offence but being this poorly capitalised is not very likely to work. I would save my money until I had $5k and trade demo until then. Learn to trade daily charts on demo with a 1 or 2% risk per trade. Then work out how much capital you require to trade live with 100 or 200 pip stops and still keep your risk at 1 to 2% of your account...

The only way you will possibly make money starting with that size account is by trading intraday which if you are new to trading is a hard road with the scattered corpses of the accounts of the people who tried before you. It's up to you.