Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 7

Yeah, 255, 15, 10 for Kaufman identical to last Majy'd Vidya with SmoothConst 9.0

what a hell, Vidya changes, any time you change settings. Anyway, everybody have a good trading time at tommorow, a lot of big news comming.

I'm leaving the office and go home to continue the trading jorney, 5pm here.

Backtesting for 2 years.

The problem I see is, this method automated, will jump in when the market is flat, but still crossing(buying) as the lines are close together.

Almost need another indicator for volatility.

If flat, don't buy...

Tross:
Backtesting for 2 years.

The problem I see is, this method automated, will jump in when the market is flat, but still crossing(buying) as the lines are close together.

If flat, don't buy...

Precisely....

Tross:
Backtesting for 2 years.

If flat, don't buy...

Well, phorex_phreak doesn't use any additional filters and the system works for him so the problem could be the backtester. I believe VT has a system development forum. Maybe someone there would be able to code this in VT language instead.

correct aegis, i dont use any filters and i kick ass with it, anyone have any other ideas????? aegis might be right, these are the same problems with the other guys who tried coding this, sometimes it would enter the trade 4 or 5 candles after the cross, thats unacceptable.....we'll keep trying..keep on phreaking

Phreak,

Do you ever look at a cross and not enter ?

If the pair is going sideways, no action, flat flat flat, perchance ??

tross,

i enter every cross, if i lose 5 or 6 times in a row thats ok!!!! i will now show you the power of the system and why getting a little chopped up sometimes doesnt matter.......we make profits several ways with this system, 10 pips, 50 pips and 100 pips, lets say for example you enter a buy and it goes 70 pips in your directon, you unloaded 1 lot for 10 and 0.5 lot at 50 pips....now the system reverses and you go short, what just happened???????the remaining 0.5 lots that you had on the table just closed out also at 70 pips then the system took a reverse position and opened 2 new lots short....amazing...lets call the last position in this example of 0.5 lots that we took for 70 pips "garbage trades"........now here's the kicker, i dont care about the 10 pip, 50 pip and garbage trades!!!!!! thats right, i dont care about them, why????? because in a normal month there are approx. 10-15 100 pip moves in the gbp/usd......my 100 pippers are the ones i want.....all the 10, 50 and garbage trades are all to take of my losses throughout the course of the month....and they do quite well, always producing a positive.......if i get lets say 10 100pip moves in the month, i make 10+50+100pips= 850.00 dollars per 100 pip movement i catch, so if i get 10 of them a month, thats an easy 8500.00 dollars in my pocket, think about it, its soooooo cool......keep on phreaking

phorex_phreak:
correct aegis, i dont use any filters and i kick ass with it, anyone have any other ideas????? aegis might be right, these are the same problems with the other guys who tried coding this, sometimes it would enter the trade 4 or 5 candles after the cross, thats unacceptable.....we'll keep trying..keep on phreaking

It enters the trades correctly. I checked it visually. Like I said before, I think you use some kind of filter unconsciously that leads to better results.

After doing a backwards test, I opened the actual chart and it's making trades with out the lines crossing. Maybe I'm reading this wrong?

Files:
chart_1.gif  29 kb