XP Moving Average! - page 41

what is the best setting ??

can anyone show me what page can I find the best setting for XpMaEA ??

I was trying it by doing forward test using the default settings and let the EA to OP and Close by it self but I get bad result for it.

(sorry for my poor english )

Problem with Xpma EA

Hi everybody,

the Xpma EA is giving me a "zero divide" message at every tick in the expert tab, everytime he's calling the xpMA indicator.

Any idea?

come on guys...

is this thread still alive ???

where is codersGuru ??

hi all,why my xpMA got these vertical lines when i using SMA type?any fixed?same issue happened on MTF version as well.

Files:
ma.jpg  19 kb

Hi all

I did not know if I should post my question / request here or on the Follow The Bouncing Pip thread.

I have come accross something I find interresting. On a 4hr chart place the xmpa with MA_Period set to 34 and the MA_Type set to 1 the rest leave as default setting also place the Zig_Zag_Pointer on same chart.

Now my question / request is, is it possible for someone to add a filter into the xpma EA so that it trades only in the direction of the Zig_Zag_Pointer.

e.g. If ZigZag_Pointer is pointing up then the xmpa should only place a buy when xpma arrow is pointing up. If the xpma arrow changes to down then it should exit trade but not place a sell order.

Any comments welcomed

How can I add a different currency input.....

....into the code of a moving average? I am working with XPMA (which is a MA that changes color from Coder's Guru) and I am trying to have multiple currency lines displayed in a single chart which change color according to their Moving Avg. direction.

I trade triangularly (strength vs weakness and trade the cross) and I use XPMA in different currency charts and compare their direction visually and am trying to get them into a single chart and am having difficulty.

I have added an extern string for a currency but it doesn't pull another currency's data in. I believe I need more instructions in the code.

Can anybody make any suggestions? Thanks.

Files:

I tried and this settings

USDJPY = "USDJPY";

is not connected with anything.

It means that no need to change it: indicator can be applied to any currency but it is impossible to get the value of one currency on the other currency chart using this indicator.

My be I am wrong but this settings about currency just empty settings and you can keep it as default (USDJPY for example. Indicator will show the line for your chart anyway.

another route then...

Thanks for the reply NewDigital. How about this then:

Using the !corelation indicator and giving it color like the HMA (Hull Moving Average) because !corelation brings a MA of one currency into the chart of another currency.

Do you know who might be interested in blending these two indicators? It is a bit beyond my coding skills but would be a nice addition to those who trade correlation signals? Your input is respected.

Cheers

Files:

I am bad coder sorry: the coding takes long time for me.

May be it is simple for the real coders.