XP Moving Average! - page 40

In response to https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175446/page26, what FX pairs do u trade it with?

Ronyn:
Hi all. If someone is interested and have som free time could you attempt to code an EA for this strategy?

This is not my strategy, this is my modified version on how I trade it. You can find the original strategy here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=1#post1699435

Anyway, this is how i trade it:

On a 15 min chart, setup a RSI(14) with a 50 level.

Add the XPMA indicator (attached).

Trading rules:

When you get an alarm from the XPMA in the shape of an arrow, check the RSI.

If its above 50 and xpma up we are looking to buy. And the reverse for sell.

Im also trying to decide if the entry should be only if the current candle is bullish for buy and bearish for sell. Dont know how this will affect

losses/profits so it might be nice if there could be such a parameter so set to true or false.

Profit targets and stops:

Inspired by Iandekokers 5pips journal, I have set a lower but higher probability pips target. I set my profi target at 10+spread.

The stoploss, and i guess somone will react to the risk reward ratio here, will be set to 20+spread.

This particular set of rules i have traded since nov 7th, with 19 wins and only 2 losses. Unfortunately i miss alot of trades as i dont have time to watch the screen all day, so an EA would be great.

Anyway, i will attach the XPMA indicator and also the template i use at the moment.

Happy trading.

fx_geezer:
Hi Scout,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the results I get are completely opposite to yours. I have used exactly the same settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

FXG.

hi FXG, i just see your reply today, 3 weeks not online,hehe.

I see your trading results, and i find that there are "buy" tradings, "modify" tradings, "sell" tradings and "stop/loss" tradings, but there are not any "close" tradings. This is different from my testing results. I think you can look in your code and find out what is wrong.

And at last, foward testing is the key point. Hope to see your testing results again!

Has anyone noticed that the xpMA clearly does not work on MTF?

Im surprised that Codersguru hadn't notice the major flaws in the MTF function.

Goinglite

Mtf

I think MetaQuotes did a lot things which make the MTF (testing and implementing) worse.

Anyway I'll recheck this indicator very soon with for a lot of enhancements.

Goinglite:
Has anyone noticed that the xpMA clearly does not work on MTF?

Im surprised that Codersguru hadn't notice the major flaws in the MTF function.

Goinglite

XAverage - Exponentially Weighted Moving Average

hi all

i find this indicator....

XAverage - Exponentially Weighted Moving Average

anybody have te code... if yes, plese send me o atach in this thread...

regards

Moved your post to this thread.

Probable it is exactly what you need.

Hi Codeguru and newdigital, may I know is the indicator from page 1 is the latest version?

Thanks!

wltien:
Hi Codeguru and newdigital, may I know is the indicator from page 1 is the latest version? Thanks!

get it here:

XP Worx - Custom MetaTrader (MQL4) Programming and Free Expert Advisors - Indicators - Libraries - Scripts - MetaTrader Extensions (c++ DLLs)

at codersguru website

why buy and sell in real time???

for example, when change the colour from blue to yellow , in real time open buy or sell..but if close of bar doesn't confirm yellow i have a false signals???

help me ....

i want buy or sell only if yellow is confirmed in close of bar!

tanks