JMA_Phase = 0;

SDL_MAType = MODE_EMA;

Step_Period = 4;

arrowcodes, colors, etc...

use MA2 1,0 (yes,no)

MA2properties

use MA3 1,0 (yes,no)

MA3properties

Use cross or signal 1,0 (cross or signal)

Trade in 3rd MA direction only 1,0 <actually kind of useless if you have chosen 3 MAS HUH?

Stoploss fixed ##

use trailing, signal, or both (using both=whichever is hit first)

Trailing stop ##

exit on signal or cross1,0

exitMA # (#of ma to exit on 1,2,3 if exitonsignal =1)

TP1

TP2

TP2Mode (option here would be usetrailing# or 2nd TP level)

Move to BE #(+preakevenpips)

Breakevenpips (number of pips to lock in)

Not much huh? LOL

Here is my ideas. To make it universal you would need to have it allow the oncross or onsignal for both crouds of people. The third MA would be used to stay with the big trend. This could be as simple as one person just using a 34 hull and taking all signals or as complex as three different types of averages with different periods all confirming an entry. The take profits are self explanatory. I think the exit on signal change would be great as a stand alone EA. If you put a 5-10 hull on a chart(depending on timeframe) you could really narrow down the losses. Obviously smaller timeframes the better. I think possibly one additional filter could be used but I dont know what that could be. I personally like sidewinder (top color bar above woodiesCCI in my pic) But I have put up a few others on there and would be open for suggestion. As you can see from todays 15m chart where this 3 MA system would allow you to get in and out and back in again(vertical lines) I KNOW today was a big day but those two trades alone were for

+101

+87

188 pips for ONE DAY with just a thrown together system for posting. But as you can see the ranging at the end of day that would need to be filtered out. Possibly sidewinder, an RSI, a CCI, Volumes.

In the pic I was using the middle average for the signal and the smaller timeframed one would keep us out of some off the ranging as it would disagree with the direction.

Thats it. Those are my ideas for a profitable system based on this indicator. Feedback welcome, and an EA MOST WELCOMED!!!

And thank you coders for all you do. I am working very hard to be a coder but at this point I am just a hack. I think this is a pretty well thought out system with lots of options available for all. It is really all I can contribute to this world of forex, at least for now.

PS

Dont mind all the crap on my chart, it isnt my working one

C.E.O, will you apply a parabolic SAR of input 0.002 on your chart and tell me what you think of it as a filter? You would only be taking signals in its direction. I posted some screen shots a few posts back. I've been testing it on my real mini account and so far its kept me out of some ugly trades.

CEO.......what is that indicator in the middle of your chart? The single band of changing color...that looks interesting.

here's the same chart that you posted, with the modified SAR as the filter. I've used long MA's as filters before and I found that they overprotect you in some cases and expose you to too much risk in other's. Not reactive enough for my taste. It looks like you are getting more signals with XPMA than I am, so I dont how well SAR filtering will work for you, works great for me so far though.

Files:
sar_filter.gif  15 kb

Cyclesurfer

Cyclesurfer:
Thanks for the advice Simba! I was just pointing out that alot of this indicators apparent signals can be filtered out if you use a P-SAR set to .002, and that these filtered signals usually look to be whipsaws.

Ok,understood..

Maybe you would like to try Chandelier stops(standard settings) instead of PSAR as a filter of the false xpMA signals,please find attached.

I have found this indicator to be an exceptional filter..please try and inform about your opinion.

Regards

Simba

Files:

SIMBA:
Ok,understood..

Maybe you would like to try Chandelier stops(standard settings) instead of PSAR as a filter of the false xpMA signals,please find attached.

I have found this indicator to be an exceptional filter..please try and inform about your opinion.

Regards

Simba

Thanks for the heads up about Chandeilier stops, I had already picked it up from this thread and tested it though. I found this one a little TOO responsive for my tastes . If it goes against the P-SAR I ignore it. So far I havnt had any problems with P-SAR changing from one polarity or the other on me, it seems pretty stable.

Nevermind..........

Will get back to this later..

Any updates from anyone still trading this system? Would love to have a chat over YM or MSN to compare notes... Thanks!

Edit:

I recently downloaded xpMA v9. I noticed that it gave an alert (arrow shown) during the formation of the candle. After this, I immediately reloaded the indicator and the alert is no longer there. But it appeared again right after the close of the candle -- which I suppose is the correct way of alerting.

Is it correct that this version might give a "false" signal by giving an alert during candle formation?

Thanks!

xpMA expert

The exMA expert I have dose not trade but it dose give alerts, dose any know how to make it trade. I would like to test it.

Bob just told me that It dose trade but not the way it should,

It dose not have turn off money manager or # of lots.

I still can not get it to trade on the one hour chart, Bob is using the one minute chart.

Barry Vincent

Files:
xpmaea.mq4  7 kb

I have been doing some extensive backtesting with this EA trying to find the "best" hull MA. By best i mean most profitable. I have tested a HMA from 5-100 in 5 period increments and am now narrowing down the best step period. After that I will do stop loss and trail based on the previous best step period. To do this with the current EA I had to change this line of code so that it would only take a signal on bar close...

signal = iCustom(NULL,0,"xpMA_15",TimeFrame,MA_Period,MA_Type,T3MA_VolumeFactor,JMA_Phase,Step_Period,false,3,1);

The last "1" was a zero

,0);

I really need it to send a signal every bar close because sometimes it will get in a sell and immediately reverse and the EA will not close the sell and buy, but I dont know enough about MQl to do this.

When Im done I will post the results, and move on to a jurik. For now I have found the 50 period HMA with a step of 3 is the "best". Makes about 40,000 in 1 year at 1 standard lot on cable 1HR timeframe.