New here .. seeking help - page 2

Hi

mojay:
Hello All i ran across this website from google. I have seen plenty of information about forex and indicators. I have also read alot of threads, but i could not fit the pieces together. I see indicators with (.mq4) extention but i do not know where to place them. Can some body put me on track here? what program to use for these? which indicators works better? .. i need tutorial or links where i can be on track ... please help!

For first time open your mql4 file then press F5 . Copy your ex4 file into expert\indicator directory of your Mt....open your Mt find insert menu ...indicator...custom... and you're done

=====================

Forex Indicators Collection

Still no body answered me how to get metatrader 4 and set it up ... i need to do this step by step please.

mojay:
Still no body answered me how to get metatrader 4 and set it up ... i need to do this step by step please.

Go to:

http://www.metaquotes.net/downloads/

Download the one called Client Server, you do not need the one called data center.

mojay:
Hello All i ran across this website from google. I have seen plenty of information about forex and indicators. I have also read alot of threads, but i could not fit the pieces together. I see indicators with (.mq4) extention but i do not know where to place them. Can some body put me on track here? what program to use for these? which indicators works better? .. i need tutorial or links where i can be on track ... please help!

EAs should be in experts folder. For example:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts

Indicators should be in indicators folder. For example:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators

Many people using settings of EA wtotten in some file to be easy to use it. It is pre-set file. It should be in presets folder. For example:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\presets

MetaTrader is using ex4 files only. But if you want to see the code of indicator or EA so you meed mql4 file to open it in MetaEditor. How to get ex4 file? Because MetaTrader is using ex4 only ... You may compile indicator/EA in MetaEditor. Or to restart MetaTrader. using MetaEditor is the beter way as you are sure that the process will be done and will see the mistakes in the code (if any).

For the information you may visit this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Or just read Codersguru articles here and here.

Codersguru articles are very good so you may read the articles you understand.