HedgeEA - page 50

bodshyipmonitor:
Steven,

thats great!

Anyway.. just to confrim the strategy cos I will be writing this EA later.

Broker Used: NorthFianance

BUY GBPUSD, BUY USDCHF

Ratio Used: 1.8

Buy 1 Lot of GBPUSD at 2155Hrs

Buy 1.8Lots of USDCHF at 2205Hrs

When profit hit certain profit level, auto close.

Hope you can comment or add more information. :P

My autoratio comes out closer to 1.66.

USDCHF = 1.2467 multiply lots by 1.25 then by range ratio 120/90=1.33. Range is computed on the fly and has adjustable parameters.

1.33 x 1.25 =1.66

That's my reccommendation.

Simple bot, works great. Every day enters with 5% of available margin. When I reach my profit target of about x% of my balance I close 10% of each order.

Attention should be paid to the cost to re-enter, you may want to subtract it from profit.

bodshyipmonitor:
Steven,

thats great!

Anyway.. just to confrim the strategy cos I will be writing this EA later.

Broker Used: NorthFianance

BUY GBPUSD, BUY USDCHF

Ratio Used: 1.8

Buy 1 Lot of GBPUSD at 2155Hrs

Buy 1.8Lots of USDCHF at 2205Hrs

When profit hit certain profit level, auto close.

Hope you can comment or add more information. :P

You've got the order reversed. Buy USDCHF at 2155 and Buy GBPUSD at 2205

Stevensign:
My autoratio comes out closer to 1.66.

USDCHF = 1.2467 multiply lots by 1.25 then by range ratio 120/90=1.33. Range is computed on the fly and has adjustable parameters.

1.33 x 1.25 =1.66

That's my reccommendation.

Simple bot, works great. Every day enters with 5% of available margin. When I reach my profit target of about x% of my balance I close 10% of each order.

Attention should be paid to the cost to re-enter, you may want to subtract it from profit.

My AutoRatio System Shows

RangeRatio: 0.686

PipRatio: 1.239

FinalRatio: 1.806

Balance: $2000

5%: 0.05x 2000 = $100

Buy 0.64Lots USDCHF at 2155Hrs

Buy 0.36Lots GBPUSD at 2205Hrs

Profit hit 10% which is $2200,

Close 0.06Lots USDCHF

Close 0.04Lots GBPUSD

Can I ask what is the reason, just close partial trades(like 10%)? Why don't just close them completely and wait for the appropriate time to open orders again?

will you be posting your EA? sounds good.

cgldsmth:
will you be posting your EA? sounds good.

cgldsmth, I haven't code the EA yet cos I am confirming the logic with our expert, Stevensign.

lowphat:
another cor ind to toy wif

i think i have made about 1000 variations

the m is ibfx micro/mini

Mind posting the MQ4 as well?

Steven, Steven... Where are you????

bodshyipmonitor:
My AutoRatio System Shows

RangeRatio: 0.686

PipRatio: 1.239

FinalRatio: 1.806

Balance: $2000

5%: 0.05x 2000 = $100

Buy 0.64Lots USDCHF at 2155Hrs

Buy 0.36Lots GBPUSD at 2205Hrs

Profit hit 10% which is $2200,

Close 0.06Lots USDCHF

Close 0.04Lots GBPUSD

Can I ask what is the reason, just close partial trades(like 10%)? Why don't just close them completely and wait for the appropriate time to open orders again?

My current ratios-

PIP ratio is just price of USDCHF 1.2448 as I type.

Range ratio based on 200 SMA of daily candles is 113.5 (GBPUSD) and 82.6 for USDCHF = 1.374

total = 1.2448 * 1.374 = 1.71

What numbers are you using?

Depending on your strategy you may want to use a shorter sma for candles, my indicator does all this and 'prints' it to the "experts" tab, check it out. It does autoratios based on the candle duration of the chart it's attached to and the SMA number you can vary. A 14 day SMA may be better.

I've figured out a way to backtest and optimize this. I've tried trailing stop profits but, right now, it appears that closing a percent of each order will maximize net profit. However you want the EA to close all orders just before you go negative.

I believe that all the ratios I've seen are so close it doesn't really matter. Other factors can become more important. Like how much to risk. Another secret is getting in at the right time, IMHO I like BB much better than short term correlation, especially for pairs in different time zones like GBPUSD vs USDJPY.

IMHO, the current concept of how much margin to use is really dumb. I think I've posted that before.

Number of lots should be based on maximum total drawdown that you can sustain. Also each broker will margin you out based on different parameters - that is much more important to understand than leverage.

Stevensign:
My current ratios-

PIP ratio is just price of USDCHF 1.2448 as I type.

Range ratio based on 200 SMA of daily candles is 113.5 (GBPUSD) and 82.6 for USDCHF = 1.374

total = 1.2448 * 1.374 = 1.71

What numbers are you using?

Depending on your strategy you may want to use a shorter sma for candles, my indicator does all this and 'prints' it to the "experts" tab, check it out. It does autoratios based on the candle duration of the chart it's attached to and the SMA number you can vary. A 14 day SMA may be better.

I've figured out a way to backtest and optimize this. I've tried trailing stop profits but, right now, it appears that closing a percent of each order will maximize net profit. However you want the EA to close all orders just before you go negative.

I believe that all the ratios I've seen are so close it doesn't really matter. Other factors can become more important. Like how much to risk. Another secret is getting in at the right time, IMHO I like BB much better than short term correlation, especially for pairs in different time zones like GBPUSD vs USDJPY.

IMHO, the current concept of how much margin to use is really dumb. I think I've posted that before.

Number of lots should be based on maximum total drawdown that you can sustain. Also each broker will margin you out based on different parameters - that is much more important to understand than leverage.

Was it me that ask about the margin? hope not.

lowphat:
another cor ind to toy wif

i think i have made about 1000 variations

the m is ibfx micro/mini

Use a statement similar to this so you don't care about IBFX mini accounts.

Currency_Pair= (StringConcatenate(StringSubstr(Currency_Pair,0,6),StringSubstr(Symbol(),6,1)));