HedgeEA - page 51

bodshyipmonitor:
Was it me that ask about the margin? hope not.

No you didn't ask about margin, just that most lot calculation formulas are based on margin, not how much drawdown.

Do you agree with my numbers?

These two features would be a tremendous improvement to this EA.

1. AutoSwap: This setting would let us reinvest the swap points earned. When we make some swap we would place new small trades that are equal to it. This way we would reach our profit target much, much faster.

2. Trade Frequency: Every 24 hours we can go in with an additonal set of trades. This setting would let us average in our trades. Say we want to put a total of 2 lots into a hedge trade. We should go in starting with .2 lots then every 24 hours we go in with .1 lots for each side of the trade until we reach a total of 2. This would smooth out the hedge and give us a better chance for profit. We would not need to wait until the perfect entry. We would cost average in.

Adding both of these as inputs would make this a much more profitable EA and reduce our drawdown.

I hope this is able to be added to this otherwise excellent EA.

Good ideas, rhenry45!

Particularly the second one could improve the profitability by the cost averaging, the shorter cycle time and give a higher chance the compounding effect to get on.

Hope the programmers take these ideas into consideration.

rhenry45:

1. AutoSwap: This setting would let us reinvest the swap points earned. When we make some swap we would place new small trades that are equal to it. This way we would reach our profit target much, much faster.

2. Trade Frequency: Every 24 hours we can go in with an additonal set of trades. This setting would let us average in our trades. Say we want to put a total of 2 lots into a hedge trade. We should go in starting with .2 lots then every 24 hours we go in with .1 lots for each side of the trade until we reach a total of 2. This would smooth out the hedge and give us a better chance for profit. We would not need to wait until the perfect entry. We would cost average in.

Adding both of these as inputs would make this a much more profitable EA and reduce our drawdown.

bodshyipmonitor:
My AutoRatio System Shows

RangeRatio: 0.686

PipRatio: 1.239

FinalRatio: 1.806

Balance: $2000

5%: 0.05x 2000 = $100

Buy 0.64Lots USDCHF at 2155Hrs

Buy 0.36Lots GBPUSD at 2205Hrs

Profit hit 10% which is $2200,

Close 0.06Lots USDCHF

Close 0.04Lots GBPUSD

Can I ask what is the reason, just close partial trades(like 10%)? Why don't just close them completely and wait for the appropriate time to open orders again?

How do you compute

PipRatio: 1.239?

What do they mean to you? I think we have different definitons, I've given details of mine, please give your details.

bodshyipmonitor:
My AutoRatio System Shows

PipRatio: 1.239

FinalRatio: 1.806

Balance: $2000

5%: 0.05x 2000 = $100

Buy 0.64Lots USDCHF at 2155Hrs

Buy 0.36Lots GBPUSD at 2205Hrs

Profit hit 10% which is $2200,

Close 0.06Lots USDCHF

Close 0.04Lots GBPUSD

Can I ask what is the reason, just close partial trades(like 10%)? Why don't just close them completely and wait for the appropriate time to open orders again?

I've backtested closing all orders, using a trailing stop "profit", and closing a percent of each trade (PET). The PET appears to be the best exit, combined with a close before loss condition. Of course my EA takes advantage of dollar cost averaging by trading each day at 5 PM EST.

The PET is an amazing strategy that works with many strategies, but that's another subject.

Is the PET function available on the current version of this EA?

bodshyipmonitor:
Can we have some examples here?

BUY 0.8 Lots GBPUSD @ 1.9671

BUY 1.45 Lots USDCHF @ 1.2445

Current Price

GBPUSD @ 1.9629

USDCHF @ 1.2499

The Orders should be set according to the current price right?

GBPUSD Range is 140

USDCHF Range is 90

GBPUSD Sell Limit @ 1.9769

GBPUSD Buy Limit @ 1.9489

USDCHF Sell Limit @ 1.2589

USDCHF Buy Limit @ 1.2409

Once the Order has been executed, New limit orders are being calculated again.

this is a good idea.

rhenry45:

RHenry45,

RMyers has already addressed your feature request #2 here: http://www.forexforums.org/showpost.php?p=25377&postcount=13 and here is the strategy: http://www.forexforums.org/showpost.php?p=9865&postcount=92

TimeFreedom

FXDD- demo account

Files:
fxdd.gif  59 kb

TimeFreedom:
RHenry45,

RMyers has already addressed your feature request #2 here: http://www.forexforums.org/showpost.php?p=25377&postcount=13 and here is the strategy: http://www.forexforums.org/showpost.php?p=9865&postcount=92

TimeFreedom

Thanks for the info. I was not a member of that forum. What do you think about the re-investing of the swap?