Modify Wolfe wave - page 4

I didn't mean a confirming indicator, I meant "checking how valid the conclusions are." Manually trading will almost always be subjective and you get a subjective Win:Loss ratio. I like the idea of creating an EA and looking at its win:loss ratio, as well as the ability to backtest changes or modifications to improve the win:loss.

I'm pretty sure I could write one if it worked.

Unless there are more rules that Wolfe, Street Smarts, and over 1000 posts haven't told me, this is crap. Maybe I'm missing a key element: I'm not trying to make money selling people the manual, a $3000 training session, or "my good friend of 10 years".

I did 5 MM trades today, all with a very simple check. Did the price cross the line above/below? No - then enter for a reversal. 63 pips so far, all 5 profitable, and they should be good for another 138. None of these trades will exit at a loss. (moved SL level) Too bad it is just Demo :/ (I wish that damn doctor would pay me for converting the corrupted binary datafiles into CSV so it could be real money.)

I scanned the USDCHF chart very fast (under 30 seconds) and picked out 8 trades. None of them missed their profit targets, none of them were loosers. I followed the trade rule every time it came up. I just spent over an hour looking for WW trades by hand, with a complicated system that is worse than flipping a coin. I'm going back to my EA code.

Files:
ww3.gif  10 kb
ww4.gif  12 kb
ww5.gif  13 kb
ww6.gif  14 kb
ww7.gif  14 kb

You want to get insulting, and all I have done is ask for trading rules. WW is supposed to predict the breakout, and at the time the WW is drawn, the trend is occuring.

If you give me a different ruleset, I will put up different charts. All of the charts I have given apply to the most strict ruleset I have found.

Since timestamps are still on the pictures maybe you can point out the WW on them. I even drew in the nice little wedges since you couldn't see them before. Pretty pictures for insults.

Files:
ww3a.gif  10 kb
ww4a.gif  11 kb
ww5a.gif  11 kb
ww6a.gif  13 kb
ww7a.gif  14 kb

clam61:
there are a lot more rules than those stated by linda in her book. if you look on his site, he states that what is written in that book is outdated. if you read the manual, you can see its flat out wrong

then post accurate ones, or move this to a commercial thread.

also, i have never seen wolfe draw lines using the close. where on the site does he do this?

point 4

http://wolfewave.com/_derived/Trading_OEX_options_off_a_15_min_S&P_chart.htm_txt_PERFE1.gif

point 4 again - it is actually floating or a close.

http://wolfewave.com/_derived/A_chart_example_on_a_stock.htm_txt_IBM.gif

he broke the rules (stated) on point 1

http://wolfewave.com/_derived/a_wolfewave_on_a_weekly_stock_chart.htm_txt_asa_weekly.gif

All images on http://www.wolfewave.com/Sample%20of%20advanced%20lesson.htm

Sometimes he uses open.

If you look closely at most of his images, the data does not line up exactly, he just draws them so they match the target exactly. Part of the salesmanship.

clam61:
i think you should read my posts above and click the links. if you did, you would instantly know that you did not have wolfe waves.

I have looked at hundreds of pics on the MoneyTec forums, some posted by people who were trained by Wolfe and not just reading the manual. One of the students said she had a better success rate by using confirming signals from other indicators. Several people had been trading them for a while, and they seemed to use methods of confirming them.

i went through each pic. to save you time, basically THESE ARE ALL SYMMETRICAL TRIANGLES.

I was lazy on the second image, I could have made the lines match up exactly. But... then again so could Wolfe. 3 out of 4 images for ascending/descending triangles you posted also have lines through prices to make them fit better.

Pictures 1 3 5 that I posted could be redrawn specifically as ascending/descending right triangles.

Does it need to specifically be an ascending wedge or descending wedge?

I made all of the little pictures even more pretty so you will quit bitching.

You said there was no wedges at all, anywhere. I traced lines fast to show you which dots I meant because I was busy writing code, not stroking off to the idea of how much money I can make reselling a manual because all of the publicly available information is obviously wrong.

I pasted my little diagrams, drawn quickly. You pasted back 4 links, I have demonstrated how these fit those requirements. You comment that they are all just triangles and not the necessary specific kind of wedge.

Well here it is, 3 pixel perfect images depicting the scenario you requested. Either A) fix the WW lines B) post corrected trading rules invalidating the information drawn or C) shut up and go back to stroking off.

If you really want to be a condescending, sniveling, pedantic cultist about this I can be downright nasty.

Files:
ww5c.gif  12 kb
ww7c.gif  21 kb
ww3c.gif  12 kb

clam61:
did you read any of my previous posts within the past half hour?

I have read them, quoted you, replied, responded and maintained a civil tone up until you insulted my abilities. I joined this thread trying to learn more, and help others learn. I posted information so people would not need to read a thread for several days to find a few nuggets mixed in with a lot of bad info.

I have tried to be very explicit stating that the *POSTED* rules don't work. This is also the consensus on the internet, on many other forums, and what you quoted Wolfe himself as saying.

So there appears to be 3 options to people reading this forum. Pay you for a pirated copy of the manual, pay Wolfe $3000 for training and agree to never tell anyone how to use the system, or try something else. That is why I think this should go into commercial if real rules aren't posted.

clam61:
dude...i am posting rules. what the hell are you talking about.

i tell you what is not true (voodootrader, raschke, 4 > 1, 4 < 1), and i tell you what is true (falling/rising wedges, etc.)

i even typed a small excerpt from the friggin book

Hi Clam61, your chart seems better, so can you send me that manual?

btw, how do you get it? as far I know, those who learn WW direct from wolfe can't teach it to others.

In GMT -8, Fri Nov 10, 08:03 AM

clam61:
its 3000 dollars if you want to buy it brand new

id consider selling mine for less

daraknor:
Should I buy it from the source? How much do they charge and where is it?

I'd love to see any corrections to my comments you could make in the thread. I stare at the charts, I follow the rules, and the charts don't even head the same way as the WW profit target most of the time.

I'd like to write a WW indicator if it is legit, and see what the accuracy rate is.

My response was in reply to Clam61 saying he bought it at a discount. I asked where I could buy it at a discount.

clam61:
have you ever used a fib retracement or a support line or even a trend line? how many times do things line up exactly to the pip?
clam61:
you're an idiot.
clam61:
regarding civil discourse and insulting your abilities. all i said was "HAHAHA these arent wolfe waves". sorry if that offended you.
clam61:
if you think this is pretty, man id hate to see your woman.
clam61:
check out the pics. my drawings are on top, compared to your drawings i hope you and yo! mtv raps get a kick out of it.

I should be nicer, I didn't know I was talking to a kid.

You earlier GMT-8 Fri 10, 1:31am stated that

HAHAHAHAAHA wow. i dont know what to tell you, but NONE of those trades are WWs. NONE.

And now you take two profitable trades I drew and pronounce them WW. So it is only a WW if you can draw a profit on it historically? You added a third WW which I discarded because it breaks rule 3: " The 1 point is the bottom prior to point 2 (top), that 3 has surpassed." on http://wolfewave.com/an_illustration_along_with_the_rules.htm

This appears to be a wedge breakout strategy without the prediction ability you referenced, except in the middle trade which follows the trend line I drew and was not a breakout.

I'm not responding again, this is just a waste of my time.