Cost Averaging System - page 31

forex4syg:
Maji,

You are right. Without risk control, the system can not survive for long time, it would low out an account any day. There are too many ways to enter positions. Perhaps from now, we should focus on the risk control.

The following site is posting real performance with the martingale strategies and nanolots on IBFX, it is testing on 10K account.

http://www.nanoforex.fr/documents/MiniPamm.mht

I wish the Cost Average system would have better performance than this.

With $10000 min account on IBFX and using nanolots, could you suggest what pairs should be tested? To have a return of 20% per year, how many pips do we expect each week?

Thanks!

Scott

Scott,

I am looking for the same answers that you are looking for

However, I did post (Post # 258) an estimate few days ago on how much capital per pair traded is needed.

Maji

I am attaching the results for the RSI w/Trend v4 that I have been running on 5 min charts since Nov 1. I sent it out this weekend. It is an extremely aggressive system using nanolots and can be used on IBFX mini and other brokers who allow nanolots.

It trades so much that it is scary.

Here are the results for the common RSI version used on 15m charts. It is much less aggressive. I am testing it on a 5000 account using 0.1 mini lots as a starter, to see how it works. The settings are the same as the one I sent out over the weekend.

Till now, I like the results. However, there have not been too many sustained trends and that is when the system will be stress tested.

Anyone else testing this system? How are your results?

Maji:
I am attaching the results for the RSI w/Trend v4 that I have been running on 5 min charts since Nov 1. I sent it out this weekend. It is an extremely aggressive system using nanolots and can be used on IBFX mini and other brokers who allow nanolots. It trades so much that it is scary.

Good results.

I am running similar test as yours but with 5000$ in IBFX MIN account, with the profit and pipsteps different than yours. Results are positive but not as good as yours.

Maji:
Here are the results for the common RSI version used on 15m charts. It is much less aggressive. I am testing it on a 5000 account using 0.1 mini lots as a starter, to see how it works. The settings are the same as the one I sent out over the weekend.

Till now, I like the results. However, there have not been too many sustained trends and that is when the system will be stress tested.

Anyone else testing this system? How are your results?

I am continue testing on FXDD for V3 with initial fund of 5000$, initial lot size of 0.1. The acount (equity) balance was up to about $6000 $, and but went down to about $4800. I was testing with trend on and trailling on. There are some big loss for a few positions closed. Haven't found why such positions were closed. Perhaps, due to margin call?

Anyway, $5000 account seems can not handle the system well with a initial lot size of 0.1 for more than 5 pairs.

Good day!

Scott

current demo testing results are attached

Cost_Avg___RSI_w_Trend_v3 - has some double orders as it was running on 2 different terminal by accident

Files:
cap_rsi_2.htm  74 kb
cap_v3_1.htm  84 kb
cap_v4.htm  85 kb

Hugh Jass:
this ea remind me of a Red Rider BBGun. you guys will shoot your eye out with this thing. looks dangerful to me. martingale and cost avg ea's will gobble your wallet before its all said and done. sooner or later you will be back as a deep fryer job at Mcdonalds. lol.

Absolutely... if you are stupid enough to put all your savings in one trading system, then you deserve worse than the mickeyd's job. However, if you know about position sizing and understand risk, you can size your bets accordingly. In reality, we are trying to figure out the adequate capitalization levels for the different risk levels.

Again, the name of the game is money management and risk control. Any system has a small part in the overall picture. If you don't understand the risk profile of each system you are trading then you have no business trading it.

Thanks for your comments.

forex4syg:
Good results. I am running similar test as yours but with 5000$ in IBFX MIN account, with the profit and pipsteps different than yours. Results are positive but not as good as yours.

Results for Cost Avg - RSI w-Trend v4 with TakeProfit = 15 and PipStep = 10, on IBFX min account (initial fund 5000$). 15 Min charts. With the pipstep of 10, the lot size for EUR/USD was growing from 0.01 to 40.96 since the pair has jumped about 130 pips today.

Files:

Forward testing

yeoeleven:
I am forward testing the latest EA as emailed with the default settings.

Cost Avge RSI with Trend v1 Here are this week's result using M15 TF

I am also continuing to test Cost Averaging v3 Pyramid and posted is this week's result with default settings and using M1 TF

John

This weeks detailed statements are attached plus Cost Average Common RSIv1 on M15

John

Hugh Jass:
this ea remind me of a Red Rider BBGun. you guys will shoot your eye out with this thing. looks dangerful to me. martingale and cost avg ea's will gobble your wallet before its all said and done. sooner or later you will be back as a deep fryer job at Mcdonalds. lol.

Nice flashy metaphors.

However it appears that a cost averaging EA is winning the 2006 Automated Trading Championship: http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/66

Maybe with proper position sizing and risk controls, they aren't so "dangerful" after all...