Cost Averaging System - page 41

JoZo:
Hi,

Want to know what is fixed in the new CA RSI wtrend 4?

Thanks

The way the previous prices were calculated. If the computer was turned off and then on, the EA will now still be able to remember the old prices, before it was being set to zero. That was a bug which got squashed, hopefully.

Maji:
The way the previous prices were calculated. If the computer was turned off and then on, the EA will now still be able to remember the old prices, before it was being set to zero. That was a bug which got squashed, hopefully.

Tnx. This is a really good improvement.

expert

where can i dowload these experts?

elepoutre:
where can i dowload these experts?

Please read the thread and you will find the answer.

here is my 2 weeks testing.

Both RSI's defolt settings 15min, on same attachment.

Pyramid, defolt settings 1min. (there other EA on that attachment makes 8000$ negative, so pyramid did breakeven)

Forward testing

Cost Average v3 Pyramid

I started this demo account 10th October to test Cost Average and after patches and updates now post my progressive detailed statement.

I am about to attach Maji's latest EA over the top. I am using default settings and using a M1 TF

John

yeoeleven:
Cost Average v3 Pyramid

I started this demo account 10th October to test Cost Average and after patches and updates now post my progressive detailed statement.

I am about to attach Maji's latest EA over the top. I am using default settings and using a M1 TF

John

John,

I am impressed with the EA that it did not blow the account. Well, one month does not prove anything. Atleast 3 months of results need to be looked at.

Maji:
John, I am impressed with the EA that it did not blow the account. Well, one month does not prove anything. Atleast 3 months of results need to be looked at.

Hi Maji,

I just read the article "Range Trading Guide" from FXCM. It says for range trading

1) Avoid currency pair that involves US dollar:

EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, AUD/USD. NZD/USD

I think we should not pick too many pairs from above.

2)Crosses are best for Range

2.1) High Risk/High Reward currency Crosses:

AUD/JPY - 1000 pips in 12-month Trading Range

GBP/JPY - 1600 pips

GBP/CHF - 1950 pips

EUR/JPY - 1150 pips in 12-month Trading Range

2.2)Low Risk/Lower Reward Currency Crosses

EUR/GBP - 550 pips in 12-month Trading Range

EUR/CHF - 603 Pips

CHF/JPY - 650 Pips in 12-month Trading Range

Soon or later, the Cost Average system must face one or more pair jumps.

I think our goal must try to avoid large positions for multiple pairs positions going against the trend at the same time. Otherwise, even we have big account, for example, 10000$, the account would still be gone. Sorry, for me, 10000 $ is considered as big account. I have done a simple back test from June to current, seems $3000 per major pair with 0.01 initial lot in the IBFX MIN, it had a big drawn down due to margin call, I think.

In the version 4, the Max trades are defaulted as 55. I understand there are two ways in the system to protect the account

1) Use Safe mode

2) Use Stop Loss

Do not know how the first approach protect the account since I never test it.

The second method, I tried it with back test, but do not feel comfortable with it.

We may also use third method to protect the account: do not open further position when the Margin level is lower than certain level, as can be found in FireBird EA.

The Cost Average system seems recently perform better than many other EAs. But I do feel some kind of stress when going to live, particularly, I just plan to risk small amount of funds, say 5000$.

Wish the system can survive for long run.

Scott

Tester

Maji,

I would like to be your EA tester as currently I'm testing a few profitable EA as I want to compare to yours..TQ --> consumer.my@gmail.com

Scott,

Thanks for the posting. I think for a small account you can trade the following pairs:

GBP/CHF

EUR/JPY

EUR/CHF

CHF/JPY

I think this will keep you diversified.

By the way, usesafemode means it will use RSI to exit trades.