Cost Averaging System - page 40

SloForeX:
This is a report of two EA's Pyramid v4 I've been testing last week on my demo account. This week it performed VERY good, in my oppinion way too good.

I am just wondering what drawndown will be when the trend will change? What loss will happen before this EA will realize it should go the other way...

Maji, why EA is not using SL and TP that I set? Is this EA checking the trend all the time (even when the positions are set on the other direction)?

It depends on whether you have set UseTrend as true or not. Also, the SL is the equity stop loss that you can set.

Really, you have to think out of the box. This is not a traditional EA, but an attempt to see how the commercials trade. They usually trade against the trade and average down. Have you heard of Warrent Buffett trading with the trend? He will average down, or in other words go against the trend. He has deeeeeeeeep pockets. In this EA, we can simulate that by using very small starting lots compared to the starting capital.

hello maji,

can you send me that EA before sunday trading begins so i can test it, thankyou...............here's my email tiago_h@hotmail.com

Here are Backtests 15 and 30' for CostAvg ComRSI and v3 Pyramid, with original settings.

I can't BT RSI w-trend.I get the message " error:0".Has somebody else the same thing ?

The most profitable seems to be 30' CostAvg ComRSI.

Have a nice W.E.

Files:
costaverage_.rar  192 kb

I do get the same "error 0" when I try and backtest with trend v4.

Wasn't going to test with it for that reason

Maji,

I saw in your statement that you trade nzdusdm but i can't find this currency for IBFX, how is that possible?

Thanks

Code Cost-Avg RSI w.Trend 4

Hi Maji,

I notice that the code >>

if (TradeNow) PlaceAddTrade();

if (TradeNow && total<1) PlaceFirstTrade();

<<

Should it be >>

if (TradeNow)

if ( total < 1 ) PlaceFirstTrade();

else PlaceAddTrade();

<<

I am currently forward testing the EA. From what i understand, Cost-Avg RSI w Trend 4 is the latest version with included features of Pyramid and Common RSI.

Will post result by end of the week.

Tross and Jovager,

Try to run the latest version. It is working for me so should work for you. However, it works only for IBFX. If you want to make it work for other brokers, find the Line "int LotDigits=2;" an make it equal to 1. Also, make ilots = 0.1 instead of 0.01;

Jozo,

I think select the marketwatch window and right click. Then select show all. It should work.

Colman,

Thanks for the pointer. Your is a more elegant way, but for now the way I have it works, so I will let it run the way it is.

Phreak,

I sent out the EAs, so you should have got it by now.

thanks maji, received it, i will report back at the end of the week, good luck everyone......keep on phreaking

Hi,

Want to know what is fixed in the new CA RSI wtrend 4?

Thanks

experts

in which post can i find the last version of the experts that all of you are presently testing?

thank you

emeric