Cost Averaging System - page 32

Hugh Jass:
so. big deal. besides, my dad can whip your dads ass.

What has that got to do with trading and cost averaging?

Hugh Jass:

Get a life. Soon.

Maji,

I still testing your Cost Avg RSI w Trend v3 in 4 major pair in FXDD broker with Time Frame M15 and setting:

LotExponent = 1.666667;

slip = 3;

pLots = 0.1;

TakeProfit = 20;

Stoploss = 500;

PipStep = 25;

MaxTrades = 5;

UseStopLoss = false;

TotalEquityRisk = 5;

UseSafeMode = true;

UseRSIforAddTrade = true;

BuyLevel = 20;

SellLevel = 80;

SlowPeriod = 14;

FastPeriod = 5;

PriceType = 1;

UseTrend = false;

UseMASlope = false;

TrailingStop = false;

MM = false;

RiskPercent = 0.1;

Yesterday Nov 7, when this EA open 1st sell order #4198671 GBPUSD 0.1lot @1.9040, the price move up minus 81pips to 1.9121, then open 2nd sell order #4211988 GBPUSD 0.2lot @1.9040, is it normal act for this EA when we had setting PipStep = 25? Or if we had UseRSIforAddTrade = true, then this EA ignored for PipStep = 25?

Another silly question from me.....

What it means with this UseSafeMode = true;?

Files:
carsi.gif  21 kb

Hugh Jass:

Homonym n. One of two or more words with identical pronunciation but different spelling.

Homologous adj. Having structural correspondence or likeness; identical in nature.

- - - -

Hugh Jass / Huge Ass;

- - - -

Goodbye Hugh Jass...

Dedy,

Both the RSI and the pipstep condition has to be met to add on other trades.

With safemode, the trades will be closed when the first signal in the opposite direction are given.

Thanks for testing.

hello

//----------------------- USER INPUT

extern int MagicNumber = 12411;

extern double LotExponent = 1.666667;

extern double slip = 3;

extern double Lots = 0.1;

extern double TakeProfit = 150;

extern double Stoploss = 500;

extern double PipStep = 25;

extern int MaxTrades = 10;

extern bool UseSafeMode = true;

extern bool UseRSIforAddTrade = true;

extern bool UseStopLoss = false;

extern double TotalEquityRisk = 33; //loss as a percentage of equity

extern double BuyLevel = 20;//10;

extern double SellLevel = 80;//90;

extern double MidLevel = 50;

extern int SlowPeriod = 9;

extern int FastPeriod = 5;

extern int PriceType = 5;

Files:

Maji: I have been thinking about risk management on trades that register a profit extensively. This won't help when a bad trade is entered, but I describe a few techniques for making profitable trades not turn into losses.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481

I don't know how viable the techniques would be with your Cost Avg System, but I'm considering creating a separate "helper EA" that would control TS/SL levels on the fly. Do any of these techniques sound viable? Should I just write the code? (I've been waiting to see if people think I'm crazy before writing a bunch of code.)

daraknor:
Maji: I have been thinking about risk management on trades that register a profit extensively. This won't help when a bad trade is entered, but I describe a few techniques for making profitable trades not turn into losses.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481

I don't know how viable the techniques would be with your Cost Avg System, but I'm considering creating a separate "helper EA" that would control TS/SL levels on the fly. Do any of these techniques sound viable? Should I just write the code? (I've been waiting to see if people think I'm crazy before writing a bunch of code.)

Let's see if I am hearing you correctly...

You say you are waiting for popular approval before you do something that has a high probability of being emminently positive for yourself and others?

I havn't heard anything about your progress on the support and resistance data management. I still believe that has a high probability of becoming emminently postive too. Please don't abandon the project. Ya know I'm hoping you will still follow thru on your solution to that programming. Please, stay with me on this ok?

Darak,

I have written routines that can be used for scalping mode take profits, and tighter stop losses. These are below the levels allowed by Metatrader.

In my opinion, tight stop losses do not work.

Thanks for your effort.

See an example of drawdown in the attached report.

EURJPY is in a great trend and the system is under an open trade drawdown. If it can handle this, it will come out shining with bunch of pips. This shows the need for proper capitalization to handle these kind of systems.