Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 85

saat2006:
The new phoenix 5 is very impressive.yihaaaaa

Hendrix will post a new version of phoenix 5 (mode 3 adjustment) sometime this week.

Note: Suddenly trigered in my mind...base on the contest version (version 4) of pheonix it was already proven by using only 1 pair usd/jpy in about 1.5 month the profit proven 200% already, so why we all need to brainstorm our head to develope a new pheonix ....

Help

Hi Hendrick. Now substituted vers.5.6.1. by vers. 5.6.3 and the errorcode changed from 139 to 133 order disabled. still on demo with default setting except change to mode 1. karl

The mode 2 and mode 3 versions I left running over the weekend went net profitable on open positions, which is good

I started 3 mode 1 configurations at different brokers running the same 4 currency pairs in M15.

I think the basic idea might be slightly improved but I completely agree that too many changes = probably useless. Murrey Math is a reversal detection system, so maybe I (or someone else) could make an additional indicator to check. After reading all of the resources available online, I bought Murrey's book which has 64 trading rules in it. Implementing a few simple conditions might help a lot. (MM gives points of support/resistance, and advanced versions even give reversal chances as a fairly reliable %.)

I like the idea of having different modes, because people want different things from their EA. I would like an "aggressive mode" and a "safe mode", and I thought that mode 3 was big progress to a "safe mode". I look forward to seeing what Hendrick selects out of the suggestions!

Test Mode 1 USDJPY

Here you have the results of 4 backward test for the USDJPY Mode 1.

Period 2006.5.1 2006.11.10

MM=false (see reports for the rest of the settings)

Test A Mode 1 Without other settings

Test B Mode 1 BreakEvenAfterPips=32

Test C Mode 1 CloseAfterHours=120

Test D Mode 1 Combination of test B and test C

So it makes sense to use the setting BreakEvenAfterPips to improve your results. Net Profit will increase but what's more important MD will decrease.

Files:
mode1.bmp  333 kb

Test Mode 2 USDJPY

Here you have the results of 2 backward test for the USDJPY Mode 2.

Period 2006.5.1 2006.11.10

MM=false (see reports for the rest of the settings)

Test A Mode 1 Without other settings

Test B Mode 1 Mode2_Opentrade_2=22

Using the setting of Test B will decrease the MD but also the number of trades and the NetProfit. The setting Mode2_CloseFirstTrade is useless (thers's no test results for this setting). I even think the code for this setting is not working as planned. Will look at that.

Files:
mode2.bmp  180 kb

latest version phoenix

The latest version of Phoenix with the fixed Mode 3 (The HerbertH fix!) will be posted tomorrow.

Hendrick:
The latest version of Phoenix with the fixed Mode 3 (The HerbertH fix!) will be posted tomorrow.

Wow. Thanks. You are BEST!!!

First day of the week

Hi All,

following my post of last week where I wrote that I had to start 4 demo accounts to test separately Phoenix mode 1, mode 2, mode 3 and contest, just a note to say that I started last night the test and today Phoenix was absolutely fantastic; no loosing trade for all modes. The mode that gained more pips was obiouvsly mode 3 (also with bug that will be fixed tomorrow) because it opened 3 trade at a time.

Anyway a have a question for Hendrick: Contest mode did not generate any trade maybe because some particular instruction in the code. Demo account is mini Usd 500 leverage 1:400. Imputs are ok but maybe this system does not work with this king of account. I did not have any problem last week with a demo on standard account of USD 5,000.

Thanks to all! As promised I will post detailed statement on Saturday.

Raf

Attention!!

Ok guys...now it's the time to start a new demo with Mode1. I know why the Contest Version is waiting!! Hurry up!!