Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 130

JRtrader:
I'll keep your offer in mind, but I am dismayed to find that Phoenix 5.7.2a is so different in its inputs from the "official", stable v5.7.0.

I'm a relative noob to MT4 automated trading, but the 6 other EAs (all potentially profitable) I've looked at to date have a much simplier system in that whatever input value is shown in the Value column of the Input tab is what the EA uses - as one would expect.

If there is to be a Phoenix 6, I would appeal for user-friendliness on the matter of inputs.

TIA

JRtrader

This EA is one of the few that is profitable. It is being improved all the time. Not everything in life can be simple. You need to invest some time every day to understand things piece by piece. 5.7.2 is a big change from 5.7.0, but it solved issues for newcomers with regard to the user-friendliness of the inputs. This EA is under constant development and is likely more sophisticated that the others you have seen.

Does anyone have Phoenix results for the last 6 months?

If you do I'd be glad if you could post them here or maybe a zipped XLS.

Please state Phoenix version(s) and parameters used clearly.

thanx

JRtrader

JRtrader:
If you do I'd be glad if you could post them here or maybe a zipped XLS.

Please state Phoenix version(s) and parameters used clearly.

thanx

JRtrader

See all threads here pick the right thread and see the information you seek.

Pcontour:
See all threads here pick the right thread and see the information you seek.

Thanks for that info

JRtrader

Don't actually use it for trading, but I'm putting up a version of Phoenix 6. Let's call this "ALPHA". I made a new thread for Phoenix 6 stuff.

here are my results so far!

it's barely a weeks worth but so far so good. we'll see

latest version of Phoenix?

Can someone direct me to the best version of Phoenix available at this time for live mini trading accounts?

A link to the download would be great.

Cheers

fxgrm

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

I recommend Phoenix 5.7.0 at this time. Phoenix 6 is currently in Alpha4, and we hope to have beta released before the weekend is over.

Ultimate User Guide

Hi:

Maybe someone can help me with some questions I have.

I have downloaded Phoenix v5.7.0 and I am getting ready to trade in a live mini account starting with only $500 .

Q 1: Do I just leave all the settings on default or should I change some of them? (such as MoneyManagement setting)

Q 2: What is the maximum amount of leverage allowed for trading this system?

My account is currently set up with 400:1 (was used for hedging system). Should I change it to 200:1 or even 100:1?

Any other advice you can give me on proper settings would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Margin doesn't matter as much as people think. The default settings should trade fine for GBPUSD M15 but I don't recommend any other default settings at this time.