Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 107

Hi,

Sorry if this is obvious to most people, but which version of Phoenix are these settings meant for? The competition one, or the latest build?

fikko:
Hi Guys,

Sorry for being a little bit silence lately. I was busy and only now I am available.

Reading many post here and phoenix is unusable? Just ignore it. Phoenix is not for everybody. It may suit me but not suitable to you.. So relax, let's do some testing here.

I have done a 'fine tune' with the New setting for USDJPY. See the attachment

With the past data of August, Sept, Oct, it can convert $1000 to $18918 with profit of $17918.

While Phoenix Contest setting for the same data aug-sept-oct only can convert $1000 to $2824 with profit only $1824.

So my current setting is the "latest" and it is configured BEST for august, sept, Oct.

I need help from people to do forward test with this settings. If it can make money, then phoenix is usable. If It is not, then it just runs best for the past, but it can not predict future.

I myself will do forward test with this settings. Here it is:

Percent = 0.0032;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

SMAPeriod = 4;

SMA2Bars = 11;

OSMAFast = 29;

OSMASlow = 40;

OSMASignal = 2;

Fast_Period = 7;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.0034;

DVStayOut = 0.048;

For your info, I did not include november data into test fine tune. So this november data could be the "future" of the settings.

So far backtest data with november data is not so good. But do not know yet with forward test. Phoenix Contest Setting is not too good either for month of October, but it can double the money in the contest.

Happy testing. It is Mode 1 with risk 0.3.

cdysthe:
Hi, Sorry if this is obvious to most people, but which version of Phoenix are these settings meant for? The competition one, or the latest build?

You can use it whichever phoenix version you like. Use Mode 1 for version 5. You may edit the code OR set the prefsettings=false and input the value.

HI! I'm oprimased setings.

Period May - Nov.

from 10000 to 1604431

setings:

SMAPeriod = 2;

SMA2Bars = 18;

Percent = 0.0032;

TakeProfit = 70;

StopLoss = 81;

TrailingStop = 35;

OSMAFast = 5;

OSMASlow = 22;

OSMASignal = 2;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

Fast_Period = 25;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.0029;

DVStayOut = 0.023;

Всем прфитов!

Sorry, forget stateman

Files:
p40203.htm  512 kb

Oligarh:
Sorry, forget stateman

Hi Oligarh

Please post statements and settings there

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175572

Development and sugestions there

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

Faq there :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

Thks

While backtesting Phoenix I noticed that it is profitable only in the second half of 2006. It always brings the deposit close to 0 when tested for any other time periods -- I tried 2004 to 2006. So this EA is made for the current market patterns, and it is highly likely to fail in the near future, right?

Hi Guys,

This is the setting with november data up to 22 Nov. It works good starting end of september to november 22. By forward testing this one, you will know when to feed phoenix with new setting.

Percent = 0.0032;

EnvelopePeriod = 2;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

SMAPeriod = 4;

SMA2Bars = 11;

OSMAFast = 29;

OSMASlow = 40;

OSMASignal = 2;

Fast_Period = 7;

Slow_Period = 15;

DVBuySell = 0.0034;

DVStayOut = 0.048;

yeremeyv:
While backtesting Phoenix I noticed that it is profitable only in the second half of 2006. It always brings the deposit close to 0 when tested for any other time periods -- I tried 2004 to 2006. So this EA is made for the current market patterns, and it is highly likely to fail in the near future, right?

Yes, when you will get consecutive losses, then Phoenix wil be out of sync and it will be necesary to optimize it again.

We are trying to learn how to do it. Check great manual on this subject at FAQ thread.

Mario