Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 135

Problem on my EA

My Phoenix EA is buying when it should be selling,

and selling when it should be buying.

What is the problem ?

Phoenix ea 2011

I've worked on with the phoenix ea and opened at the site of Donna a topic for this EA

here I answer the questions and give support if you needed. Phoenix EA 2011

All what I have done so far you can read there

Worked on the code,

and made two new manuals

one how to get 90 % quality backtest account

two phoenix 2011 explanation

If you want this new stuff you can download it here Phoenix EA 2011

if you need mine support for this EA go on and ask there,

then I will trie to help you as much as I can

Regards,

Tjipke

Could someone post new Phoenix here? I seem have a problem receiving activation email from that site.

ncc74656:
Could someone post new Phoenix here? I seem have a problem receiving activation email from that site.

Hi Nc74656,

Think this would be the latest one.

PM

Thanks mrtools. I'm not sure what I did wrong but it doesn't make any transactions.

ncc74656:
PM Thanks mrtools. I'm not sure what I did wrong but it doesn't make any transactions.

Hi Ncc,

What i have found so far is it has preferred settings only for EurUsd so for that pair preferred settings = true, for any other pairs preferred settings = false. Will fwd test for awhile and see what it does, then will back test this week end.

The phoenix EA won the championship on the metaquotes software competition and now it has a very large drawbacks but i thinkEA works on certain pair and time frame if not most likely it will fail.

april:
The phoenix EA won the championship on the metaquotes software competition and now it has a very large drawbacks but i thinkEA works on certain pair and time frame if not most likely it will fail.

I have been studying the original EA myself and, as the author said himself, it is highly prone to curve-fitting. As I couldn´t generate any significant positive backtest, I am working on determining the mathematical expectancy of the code, striping the order manangement off and implementing only its entry rules. As long as it is essentially a technical analysis-based EA, it sould have some predictive power. If it doesn´t, what´s the point?

Still it is impressive to read through its development on this thread. Kudos to Hendrick.

--Id--