Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 101

Malcik:

OK, I got it -- someone asks a question and gets his answer on page like 238 and I will just cut'n'paste this Q and A and append them to the first post, right?

I can do this. If you agree, I can start the thread right away.

I wish to contribute, but I'm affraid I may not be up to task due my full time job and my ocasionally absence from computer. So I wouldn't dare to be (main) moderator of a thread, but I would gladly be co-moderator - if that is OK with everyone and if it is needed.

(and if is possible of course - maybe ony one can be)

Mario

Q

Daraknor,

Is it possible to lock a thread in this forum somewhat like the Elite section? That seems to be the way to go if you want to have a somewhat trouble free interchange of ideas among developers. Something similar to a roundtable or a beta test thread that requires some type of admission criteria. I think if there is a serious interest in the creative thinking that a group like this can have then it would not be good to take this off in the corner where "small group think" is nurtured even by people who have an expertise without input from others who may not have an expertise as such, but they do have a gererative idea the causes everyone to tilt their head and say, ah yes! In short out of sight (ie off the forum, private emails, sequestered discussions) may prove counter productive (out of mind-for everyone else). Keep the idea in front of people asking questions offering ideas, as I think you have suggested, but not immediate access to the "board room." I guess my concern for the development team/thread is the cloud will move with the development people if there is no filter for admission to the "special place." I think there needs to be sometype of door on the development board room. Enough.

Greg

Yes, but it would require action by one of the Forum administrators. There are many levels of permissions and so forth, but we would need to impose upon the administrators each time we wanted to allow new people in, etc. The use of a private moderated mailing list was something mentioned by 5 people, I am following the collective volition. This way if someone leaves the group they still have access to all messages as well.

aghenry1:
Daraknor,

Is it possible to lock a thread in this forum somewhat like the Elite section? That seems to be the way to go if you want to have a somewhat trouble free interchange of ideas among developers. Something similar to a roundtable or a beta test thread that requires some type of admission criteria. I think if there is a serious interest in the creative thinking that a group like this can have then it would not be good to take this off in the corner where "small group think" is nurtured even by people who have an expertise without input from others who may not have an expertise as such, but they do have a gererative idea the causes everyone to tilt their head and say, ah yes! In short out of sight (ie off the forum, private emails, sequestered discussions) may prove counter productive (out of mind-for everyone else). Keep the idea in front of people asking questions offering ideas, as I think you have suggested, but not immediate access to the "board room." I guess my concern for the development team/thread is the cloud will move with the development people if there is no filter for admission to the "special place." I think there needs to be sometype of door on the development board room. Enough.

Greg

Phoenix 5_6_02

jpyusd pair has been running since 10/30/2006 on Mode 1 , gbpusd pair running on Mode 2 since 11/07/06. IBFX account. All coded presets used. Looks like the gbpusd pair needs some work. Anyone come up with settings better than coded in this version or, did I miss something. Been travelling this week. Without the gbpusd pair, the account would be up 16% since the beginning of the month!

DeadEye96:
jpyusd pair has been running since 10/30/2006 on Mode 1 , gbpusd pair running on Mode 2 since 11/07/06. IBFX account. All coded presets used. Looks like the gbpusd pair needs some work. Anyone come up with settings better than coded in this version or, did I miss something. Been travelling this week. Without the gbpusd pair, the account would be up 16% since the beginning of the month!

Take a look at this document that was VERY kindly posted. It will help you and all the others that are complaining about settings.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/162/phoenix-2007-how-to-optimize-phoenix.pdf

Lux

Daraknor

Good deal.

Greg

alamanjani:
Trust me, if I would think it's rubbish, I would leyt you know lol lol I just couldn't resist

:-) LOL. I bet you would.

alamanjani:

I would guess, 90% is minimum, for effective optimization. Will try again.

Had the same problem (or rather: still have) this problem with NorthFinance. For some reason I can't get the 90%. Just 50%. Use other MT4's from other brokers now for back testing/optimizing...

alamanjani:

Vince, as of your "more silence from you next week" - I hope it is vacation and I hope you will enjoy, or you should not leave lol

Mario

No, it's for work. Boss want me there. But I'm not complaning! I think there are worst places to be then Egypt :-) Still a nice 25 degrees C there I think. In the UK it's now cold an rainy :-(

CU Vince

Darak

Or we stay "open" as Hendrick wanted and all the "sharks", "crooks" and "thiefs" will always appear...

Or we go "closed"... more comfortable and without all that garbagge people but at least our community will get smaller and smaller and smaller.... Then... nobody...

I think (huuum!) better to stay " open" as Flying Dutchman wanted. Diversity is better than to stay alone...

And not answer to any silly questions, neither PM, neither e-mail... The only answer could be :" Go to the Phoenix forum and work a bit ! All the answer of your questions are there... work!"

100 % agree with you by the way to organize :

1/ Backward testers

2/ Forward testers

3/ Settings searchers

4/ Developpers if you think it's possible

5/ Wise man who transfer to Hendrick all results, wishes, research, ideas

We have also to have the same way to present results, results of week, results of forward test of 2 hours or 2 days are stupid!

And always a synthesis of 5 lines describing what hapenned during the week : Openned at xxhxx GMT It happened that... and that... Good result on yy pair, bad results on zz pair... Next I will go there, test that etc...

Next I will go there, test that etc...

Most of people are not new in Fx : they can express their feelings (and we are not here to flame somebody !)

For my part the statements of Meta are messy... The mix of pips and/or money are sometimes hell. Everybody should talk in PIPS : not in money earned or lost ! And money depends of lots!

New bi redirected to the another thread : Phoenix FAQ

("Waaaaoh ! What a new EA !!! Tremendous results !!! How can I install it ????")

My 2c

To the passionate!

Hi Guys,

I have followed this thread from the start.

I am a quite follower and a seasoned trader.

I have a good business but i trade for 75% of my living.

I feel for hendrick, when he got top three this thread grew and grew.

While he is away getting his breathe back lets just tidy things up and use the EA as intended.

I dont trust back testing and dont have much belief in demos, the best way to test this EA is live.

I can safely say i have made a great return with this EA!

I am very busy most of the time but i have a good knowledge of mt4 and forex and would be happy to give up some time to help.

But Please remember hendrick has got the core of this EA just right, all it needs now is a regular tweak to keep it tight.

The entries are pretty much perfect i think maybe the exits need work or we need manual exits.

I would be upset to be excluded from the progress of this great EA, but my trading would continue to be profitable.

I would prefer to help this project adapt amd grow.

In respect to hendrick if we close the doors we should still post each new version. The only reason i can see to go underground is to allow development without the problems of newcomers and the greddy.

I am and will remain quite unless you call upon me.

I have IT resouces and skills if i can be of help..

I extend my respect and admiration to all the hard working guys on this thread.

Ohh and hendrick you are a clever and kind individual

Regards

Alan

email : alanbeale2001@yahoo.com

Darak, Fikko and others "big heads"

P5 is based on a"group of indicators" searching together an "entry signal" according with settings..

After we have the brutals SL and TP...

Why we hanve'nt a"group of indicators" looking for an "exit signal", even in an upper TM ?

Stupid question ?

(I know that simple question are sometimes the hardest to program...)