Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 91

cockeyedcowboy:
If You like Hendrick I cauld give you more details on the trigger or any other points that were brought out. To end, I didnot spend the better part of my sunday afternoon writing this to knok Hendrick's system, but to only better it. I hope this is received that way and I didn't waste my time. The CockeyedCowboy

I have few defensive notes here,

There is a thousands of people who can write the code and onother thousands who can analyze it.

This is my assumption that they usually they 'how to do 'trigger' for example.

So just simpliest idea of writing your your own 'now how' EA in xx.mq4 then publishing it for everybody to see and learn and wining championship with it is not appealing to you....

There are plenty of room to start new thread....

We just going to watch you.....

thank you for your insides ....and I am now in waiting mode

Hi Hendrick,

WELCOME TO INDIA.

I'm from India. What are your plans for an Indian adventure

I'm from Mumbai, if you have any plans to drop by Mumbai ..buzz me...I would help you out in your juourney.

Thanks.

Optimization Phoenix

Phoenix is working just nice currently. But it may not be working in the future. When there is a consecutive losses, then it is time to change Phoenix settings. Who is going to do that? Who will alert you when the market is changing?

Hi Fikko!

Have been working on a "How to optimize Phoenix" for the past few days so in the future everyone can do their own tests.

Just waiting for 'the master' to have a look at it and to give his view/green light to post it. Out of respect for his work and since I value his opinion very much I will not do this before he had a chance to do so.

Knowing how busy he is and in the light to all that just happened, I suspect this could take a while so all please be patient.

Cheers,

Vince

Chill out ...

Hendrick:
I wish you all the best !!

Why thank you ... and I wish you all the best in the Championship. Half way there and you are in the top 3 consistently. Let's hope that there will be a monetary reword for your hard work that you have put in.

PS. If you want me to further explain some of my ideas in private then PM me. Take care, Salty.

Mode 3 superstar

Hi friends,

just a note to update you about my demos on mode 1, 2 and 3.

In the last 2 days forex was terrible: mode 1 and 2 made some loosing trades but, it's incredible, my demo on mode 3 made ONLY winning trades!

I do not know why but it is the truth.

I will wait the end of the week to post statemens.

Bye!

Raf

raffaelegalbiati:
Hi friends,

just a note to update you about my demos on mode 1, 2 and 3.

In the last 2 days forex was terrible: mode 1 and 2 made some loosing trades but, it's incredible, my demo on mode 3 made ONLY winning trades!

I do not know why but it is the truth.

I will wait the end of the week to post statemens.

Bye!

Raf

I trust you : happend same thing to me last two days !

As Hendrick advice Sunday NOT to use Mode 3 I switched to Mode 2...

RED ! RED ! RED ! Half of profit last week !!!!

Totally hell !! 90% of the trade =losses !!!! Few things in green... AAAARRRRGGGGG !!!!! What's hell !!!!!

Yesterday night (GMT-4) absolutly pisssssssssed of I switched to mode 3 (old version)...

In one night (yes one night) I nearly recover all my losses (3975 US$ / 4010US$) And some positive trades are still on the fire...

Euuuuhhhhhh... I prefer mode 3.... even I have to watch carefully and close manually Third trade if cur is stalling...

Hi daraknor/PipQueen/Vince & friends,

Let's try to work out some setting tuning.

Point of thought here:

(1) For people want to do live trading, you can try it with PHOENIX_CONTEST version, with USDJPY only. It has proven forward test for 6 weeks, converting $10,000 to $28000. It is a very good result. And I think Phoenix should work for 1 or 2 months.

(2) For Phoenix version 4.2 or 5, do not go live with it yet. It has not enough forward test. So please people continue to drop the test result.

For Phoenix version 5:

----------------------

(1) Could anyone of you help out To find the setting for each buy only and sell only, especially for USDJPY. I will change Phoenix a bit to be able to take different settings for each. Increase the winning possibility, but do not decrease number of success trades. We can't have 100% winning with 1 trade only. So far I can not find the setting.

(2) For currency pairs, we need to finalize 1 currency pair for phoenix 5. If you have forward tested it, could you tell us which pair is the best? And which setting.

My self choose USDJPY. Phoenix_contest has performed well, and it also performs well in the back test. GBPJPY is good, but it took more margin 30% more. And for 42 pips with 0.1 Lots you will win only $25 while USDJPY you can win $35. So basically with USDJPY, lesser investment and earn more profit.

(3) Why not run with running with many pairs?

See Phoenix_Contest. It is good with only USDJPY.

See others, ldamiani, he just uses EURUSD. See sashken. He uses only GBPUSD. See vdiddy38, he uses only GBPUSD. And 94% of the EAs in the championship is using single currency.

I think after we finalize the currency we want to focus, let's focus on this single currency.

(4) Finalize the best mode. bertbin is saying mode 3 is good. Perhaps Gilbert can provide the information which part of the phoenix he has fixed? I do not do serious test on it so I do not know where is the error.

(5) Finalize the broker.

Hendrick has chosen Neuimex

After we finalize everything, then we re-test again with forward test 1 month. So it will be a long journey. Meanwhile, we can watch how Phoenix Contest won the championship.

So guys, we need your feedback.

new MT4 ver 200

Hey guys, tryit backtesting with new version 200 of MT4. My backtesting is totaly diferent beside previous version.

What do you thing?

fikko:
Hi daraknor/PipQueen/Vince & friends,

Let's try to work out some setting tuning.

Point of thought here:

(1) For people want to do live trading, you can try it with PHOENIX_CONTEST version, with USDJPY only. It has proven forward test for 6 weeks, converting $10,000 to $28000. It is a very good result. And I think Phoenix should work for 1 or 2 months.

(2) For Phoenix version 4.2 or 5, do not go live with it yet. It has not enough forward test. So please people continue to drop the test result.

For Phoenix version 5:

----------------------

(1) Could anyone of you help out To find the setting for each buy only and sell only, especially for USDJPY. I will change Phoenix a bit to be able to take different settings for each. Increase the winning possibility, but do not decrease number of success trades. We can't have 100% winning with 1 trade only. So far I can not find the setting.

(2) For currency pairs, we need to finalize 1 currency pair for phoenix 5. If you have forward tested it, could you tell us which pair is the best? And which setting.

My self choose USDJPY. Phoenix_contest has performed well, and it also performs well in the back test. GBPJPY is good, but it took more margin 30% more. And for 42 pips with 0.1 Lots you will win only $25 while USDJPY you can win $35. So basically with USDJPY, lesser investment and earn more profit.

(3) Why not run with running with many pairs?

See Phoenix_Contest. It is good with only USDJPY.

See others, ldamiani, he just uses EURUSD. See sashken. He uses only GBPUSD. See vdiddy38, he uses only GBPUSD. And 94% of the EAs in the championship is using single currency.

I think after we finalize the currency we want to focus, let's focus on this single currency.

(4) Finalize the best mode. bertbin is saying mode 3 is good. Perhaps Gilbert can provide the information which part of the phoenix he has fixed? I do not do serious test on it so I do not know where is the error.

(5) Finalize the broker.

Hendrick has chosen Neuimex

After we finalize everything, then we re-test again with forward test 1 month. So it will be a long journey. Meanwhile, we can watch how Phoenix Contest won the championship.

So guys, we need your feedback.

I said that mode 3 for me was good.

Seems for Raffa too.

But I asked Hendrick if he could change a bit the SL in mode 3.

That when TP first trade is hited, SL of 2nd and third trade = TP first trade. When TP 2nd trade hited, SL third trade = TP 2nd trade

Because right now all the SL are at the beginning at the same (low) level.

Then if price are reversing 1/ your losses can be much more than your gain on firts trade 2/ for example if price is reversing after 1st trade you are sure at least to have positive pips of first trade x 3

For the moment mode 3 : $/chf. eur/jpy, gb/$, gb/jpy,$/jpy since yesterday night (here gmt-4)

And positive

eur jpy +8 (x3)

usd chf -5 (x3)

Fikko and Darak : it seems that you are more "advanced" than us... Then pls take the "management" of this thread...

(But I am sure that Hendrick is still there watching us... )