Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 5

forexstalker:
hi Hendrick! As I am an upsolutely Newbie and a big fan of yours, I installed the Phoenix v4.2_2 into my MT4. I must tell you that I trade 10 pairs. I was runnning it over 14 hours and it just did 3!! trades. I must have forgotten something. I did all those settings mentioned on this forum for the pairs, but still it seems very slow trading. I trade in 5M. Please advise . Thanks a bunch. Nick

Timeframe is M15. How many trades per day do you expect? Let it run for a whole week and you will see that it will make enough trades.

tururo:
After going live, all positions currently losing . I know it's early days, but isn't that just so typical

Hi Tururo,

I assume that you use all the default settings. Have you changed anything with the TP, SL or TS?

Hendrick:
Hi Tururo, I assume that you use all the default settings. Have you changed anything with the TP, SL or TS?

All default. Not to panic, I just started it at an unfortunate time. I have faith all will be well. The first closed trade made a profit, which is good.

Since yesterday, the EA open 4 trades 3 closed with profit (2 with 30+ pips) and 1 still running (+28 pips so far)

Great job, hendrick. Thank you

elihayun:
Since yesterday, the EA open 4 trades 3 closed with profit (2 with 30+ pips) and 1 still running (+28 pips so far) Great job, hendrick. Thank you

HI elihayun,

What pairs are you testing it on ????

Thanks

elihayun:
Since yesterday, the EA open 4 trades 3 closed with profit (2 with 30+ pips) and 1 still running (+28 pips so far) Great job, hendrick. Thank you

Hi elihayun;

May i know what pairs that u run.I just run on usdjpy and the post is negative right now since yesterday.

Thanks

saat2006:
Hi elihayun;

May i know what pairs that u run.I just run on usdjpy and the post is negative right now since yesterday.

Thanks

I ran default setup (internal from the code itself), 15M pairs: EURUSD, GBPUSD, GBPJPY and USDJPY.

USDJPY is now +24 pips since yesterday.

a problem with Optimized Lot

Hi Hendrick

i engaged a Optimized Lot problem when i'm testing Phoenix 2007 system.From your code, i see that the optimized lot is related with history trading data. If i begin to trade with this system without any history data, what should the "orderprofit" be? and if i run this system the first time with some history data, what should the "orderprofit" be? Please see the result below in past 2 days, the USDJPY lot are just 0.1 and 0.2, should them be 1 when i just use this system the first time? I don't think this is a bug of your system but i think this strategy can be optimized.

and, if i just want to see clearly how many pips i got, could i change the code "return(lot)" to "return(1)" or "return(0.1)"?

thank you!

Files:

scout:
Hi Hendrick

i engaged a Optimized Lot problem when i'm testing Phoenix 2007 system.From your code, i see that the optimized lot is related with history trading data. If i begin to trade with this system without any history data, what should the "orderprofit" be? and if i run this system the first time with some history data, what should the "orderprofit" be? Please see the result below in past 2 days, the USDJPY lot are just 0.1 and 0.2, should them be 1 when i just use this system the first time? I don't think this is a bug of your system but i think this strategy can be optimized.

and, if i just want to see clearly how many pips i got, could i change the code "return(lot)" to "return(1)" or "return(0.1)"?

thank you!

When using MM=true the number of lots is handled by the Money management function. If you want Phoenix to use a larger number of lots, use MM=false and change the value of Lots to any value you want. If you want to use MM but still want a larger number of lots you can change MaximumRisk. Instead of 0.05 you can bring it down to 0.03 or 0.01. Do a backward test with different values for MaximumRisk and see the difference.

My advice: use MM=true and MaximumRisk somewhere between 0.01 and 0.05. Don't change the code "return(lot)". This really makes no sense.

Hendrick:
When using MM=true the number of lots is handled by the Money management function. If you want Phoenix to use a larger number of lots, use MM=false and change the value of Lots to any value you want. If you want to use MM but still want a larger number of lots you can change MaximumRisk. Instead of 0.05 you can bring it down to 0.03 or 0.01. Do a backward test with different values for MaximumRisk and see the difference. My advice: use MM=true and MaximumRisk somewhere between 0.01 and 0.05. Don't change the code "return(lot)". This really makes no sense.

oh!!that is the way MM works! i got it!